Rate Dr. Kenneth Evans

Dr. Kenneth Evans's Ratings

Dr. Ken Evans performed an esophagectomy on me in may of 2012 just six months after my wife passed away so it was a traumatic time for me. He is a rare human being that some of us are lucky enough to encounter in life,a gifted surgeon at the top of his game but also a fine man with a sense of humour that has helped me through this time. They do not come any better.Thanks for all you do for so many of us.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. Evans removed a wedge shaped piece of my left lung that had developed a somewhat rare yeast-like growth (Cryptococcus gatti). I very much enjoyed Dr.Evan's easy-going but highly professional manner. I felt that we were working together as he explained my test results and discussed my options. He and his team certainly knew what they were doing. I considered my self fortunate to have had him as my surgeon. And yes, I too, very much appreciated the staff on the 12 th floor. Thanks agin Dr Evans.

Submitted May 18, 2012 | flag

Dr.Evans operated on my husband a few months ago, and we were both so impressed with him, we felt totally confident with him performing the surgery. He removed a cancerous lobe from my husband's lung and also part of two ribs as well. The staff at VGH were wonderful, and Dr. Evans is well respected by them. After the surgery, my husband is now cancer-free, and we feel very lucky to have had Dr. Evans as our surgeon.

Submitted May 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Evans performed my lobectomy in Nov 2011. He visited the patients 7 days a week. When I was in VGH, I saw him on protective clothing working on a patient on Saturday at 9pm. In addition to his medical professionalism, he is also a very friendly, cheerful, caring and humorous person too.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

I had a right side upper lobe lobectomy Dec 2 2011 with Dr. Evans doing the surgery. I am now just over a month into recovery, and went for my follow up appt. with Dr Evans Jan 4 2012. He is an incredible Doctor and Surgeon. He is amazing,caring, and yet a very professional man, with a wonderful sense of humour, making me feel always at ease, and not afraid to ask a question, no matter how stupid it might seem. I could have asked for no better Doctor --- thank you Doctor Evans, and all your team who were always there for me too. You all are the Best!!!!

Submitted Jan. 4, 2012 | flag

Dr Evans had to remove my boyfriend's 9th rib due to a malignant tumor. He is without a doubt the most incredible surgeon and human being. He is kind, gentle and patient. The surgery went really well and recovery has been better then expected. We thank G-d everyday for you, Dr Evans. 10 out of 10 for all the staff at VGH too.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2011 | flag

an excellent chest surgeon. he operated on my husband and we were so impressed and relieved with his expertise.no one could have been better. thank you Dr. Evans

Submitted June 28, 2011 | flag

Had left side lobectomy in 98 due to a carcinoid/ neuroendocrine cancer. He is the best surgeon and my lungs are going great 13 years later. Your in good hands but as with all illness research and ask questions about followup.

Submitted May 30, 2011 | flag

If you have been referred to Dr. Evans, you are in the best and safest hands. I had two lobes of my lung removed due to a cancerous growth and I was terrified. But Dr. Evans made everything as smooth and calm as possible. He has so much experience and senses when something is not right. He will also listen to all your concerns and not make you feel like you are a bother even though he must have hundreds of patients.He is very kind and has saved many lives. He is a great doctor, and rest assured there is nobody better to do your surgery.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2011 | flag

Dr.Ken Evans is the most incredible Doctor and wonderful man. A little over 7 years ago I had cancer of the esophagus and had it removed (radical surgery).Throughout the entire experience Dr. Evans was amazing, so kind and caring, professional and confident yet humble and at the right time humourous and happy.The team,his staff and the nurses(angels of the 12th floor of Jimmy P. Pavillion)were absolutely fantastic.When I would see him for followups I would find myself smiling and filled with warmth.He is one of the special people-consider yourself blessed if you are so fortunate to have hime as your surgeon.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2011 | flag