Dr. Sheetal K. Chhaya

Rate Dr. Sheetal K. Chhaya

Dr. Sheetal K. Chhaya's Ratings

I'm shocked at the way they treated me. The appointments are booked for months and then when I finally get an appointment there was horrible holiday traffic. I called to let them know I was running late and when I got there Dr Chhaya had already left. As the last appointment of the day you'd think she could wait a few extra minutes especially after I called. The amount of stress this has put me through to simply see this rheumatoid arthritis doctor is ridiculous.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I have waited 8 years for a doctor to send me to a specialist. I finally found a good doctor who listened and did all the right tests my first visit. She then unfortunately referred me to Dr Chhaya instead of straight to an immunologist. I have high levels of c reactive protein that after several tests kept getting higher and I wasn't even on a flare up! I get flare ups of swollen joints as well as vasculitis flares in my neck. I also have had an itchy scalp for years as well as peeling skin on my hands. I talked to an intern for about 30 minutes just for me to have to explain it all to her again. It was like I was talking to a toddler. She understood nothing, especially things she should know. She asked me if I was sure my vasculitis flares were vascular and not soft tissue about 10 times and was completely skeptical to me to the point where I was highly offended. I told her the pain was excruciating when the vasculitis flared up and she said , "What do you mean excruciating?" I couldn't believe it. She kept telling me cause where I was pointing on my neck there are no arteries there. YES THERE ARE THEY ARE CALLED THE CAROID ARTERIES and I can feel my blood flow when I put my finger to them! Wow. This woman was ridiculous. She then told me my c reactive protein being high didn't mean anything and she actually told me SHE DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO TELL ME. No tests ...nothing, no looking at my chart just me explaining my symptoms and me telling her that all the women in my family have lupus she did no further blood tests. I told her this all started after the birth of my child ANOTHER SIGN OF LUPUS. I also had preeclampsia another sign. I told her about me having sun sensitivity flares and that I get rash and itchy. I had to practically force her to get me an ultrasound of my neck arteries and even then if I wasn't having a flare up then what...it wouldn't show unless there is permanent scaring due to the flares. Horrible experience hands down 8 years of fighting to talk to a self entitled little indian scrape who is not only younger than me but dumb, uncaring, and only in it for the money. Sorry I'm not 60 years old and the kind of patient you see every dang day. God forbid you have to do some detective work as A DOCTOR ! Why does she need to care, all she cares about is she gets paied for the visit, weather she diagnoses the medical problem is irrelevant when talking about money. When I realized she was indian I thought to myself , here we go. I have had experience with 2 other indian doctors in my time and one lied to me to keep me in the hospital so he could collect money from my insurance and the other told me all meat is bad and that there was no such thing as buying healthier ground beef. I was like ok then I guess sirloin doesn't exist. So the check out person at the counter tells me he has to ask my insurance to ok the ultrasound of my arteries but assures me he will call me to let me know either way. My insurance called me 2 days later and my insurance was cancelled...great. I knew that ultrasound was not going to go through now but NEVER received a call from her office to let me know a single thing. Didn't call to ask if I wanted to pay in cash for the ultrasound NOTHING. I did on that visit get an unwanted and un needed x ray of my hands. I'm sure it showed nothing seeing as I have a flare every 6 mo or so and its mild in my hands so I didn't expect anything anyway but never got to even see or hear the results. Dr Chhaya was one of the worst doctors whom I have ever come across. An absolute failure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

She did not seem competent about her assessments during my visits nor did she keep my complaints in mind. I wonder if she was even listening or read my medical records. She didn't answer my questions to my understanding and when she gave her opinion on my condition it was not clear. It was as if she was guessing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][460742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr. Chhaya is so compassionate, genuine, positive, and humble! I went to 1 other Rheumatologist who treated me so unkind and told me there was nothing wrong with me, but she got right to the root of the problem and put together a treatment plan immediately. I feel very fortunate she is my doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2012

She is one of the best doctor's I have ever had. If it wasn't for her going the extra mile to find out the cause of my pain I am not sure what I would have done. I went to at least four other doctors and all of them combined didn't seem to have a clue. I would recomend her 100%.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2012

Very nice doctor! Listened and was very friendly when I was scared about the way I was feeling. I was looking forward to her being my Rheum but she suddenly retired. I was transferred to an impatient grump who dissmissed everything she had told me (not her fault I got transferred to him) I went to a different Rheum in Gilbert. If she ever comes out of retirement I'd go back to her in a heartbeat!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr Chhaya has treated 2 people in our family. Both of us cannot be more pleased. She is informative, listens well and very caring. Her treatment has improved the quality of our lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2010

I went in to see Dr Chhaya as a new patient. She was so sweet and nice. She was very honest with me. I went in to evaulate high level of CRP (C-Reactive Protien) even though I am 30 years old. She was very honest with me that there may not be something wrong with me because I have a few symptoms and doesnt want to give me some medication that may make things worsen but she wanted to do some bloodwork to be sure before she makes any recommendations. Her schedule is kind of limited. She can be seen on Mondays and Thursdays. I would recommend her to anyone who needs some help. She has a lot of knowledge as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460737].votes_count ]]