Dr. Shepherd G. Pryor

Grad. Year: 2001

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. Shepherd G. Pryor has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Is Dr Shepherd Pryor Board Certified?    Email me    Answer it

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgeon-related: plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, breast enhancement, breast reduction, liposuction, chin implant, rhinoplasty, nose job, tummy tuck, botox, face lift, boob job, butt lift
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 3597955

06/11/13 1 1 1 1   Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Shepherd" to "Shepherd G."
RID: 2638724
02/05/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Pryor has done two cosmetic surgeries on my face for squamous cell cancers. One was above my upper lip and the other on the end of my nose. Both areas were done so well that the doctor and I are probably the only ones who know. He is very professional, but friendly and interactive. Great doctor, in my opinion!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2433122
25/09/12 5 5 5 5 I cant begin to describe how fortunate and lucky I have been to have had Dr Pryor as my surgeon. After months of research & 5 consultations with surgeons, I am so happy that I picked Dr Pryor. His thoughtfulness and thorough knowledge of rhinoplasty made the entire process so easy and positive for me. The time he gave up to see me. His ability to listen to me and deliver what I wanted has just been amazing. He was helpful & trustworthy, thoroughly explained everything, caring and comforting to me, never made me feel rushed in any of the office visits. I was so afraid of having it done and always thought "what if" what if I looked weird or totally different, but he made me feel so at ease & I am absolutely amazed at the outcome & how natural he has made it look. I am just so happy with everything Dr Pryor has done for me & all his time he has devoted to me. I could not have asked for a better surgeon, am so happy I choose him. Definitely recommend him to anyone. Your amazing thank you  Respond
RID: 2401701
15/08/12 4 5 5 5 I had a deviated septum for 20 years before going to Pryor to get it fixed. Throughout the entire process of consultation, surgery, recovery, and follow-up, Pryor was candid, realistic, and answered all my questions. He told me how the surgery would go and how long the recovery would take. Everything went even better than he anticipated and the repair caused much less bruising and pain than anyone expected. I was completely happy with my doctor, the surgery, and the results. After 20 years, I had forgotten what it was like to breathe and sleep so well.
Paid (or co-pay): $2500
RID: 2119000
07/05/12 4 4 5 5 I feel blessed to finally find a gifted ENT with top notch reconstructive facial skills. He rebuilt the bone in my forehead that had been removed from a previous botched surgery and with his expert talent and knowledge he fixed my frontal sinus that repeatedly closed after surgeries preformed by other doctors in another state. I look normal again. I feel great and my self-confidence is back. I highly recommend Dr. Pryor. He is kind and really takes time to explain surgery options in a way one can understand. He is an incredible surgeon.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2112803
05/05/12 5 5 5 5 Went above and beyond my expectations. Dr. Pryor is an excellent physicians and a master of his craft. Highly recommend.  Respond
RID: 1574045
29/10/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor with any ENT issue. He diagnosed my daughter correctly and she was lucky to have gone to him. We would highly recommend him.  Respond
RID: 1526882
31/08/11 5 5 5 5 I can’t begin to describe how lucky I feel to have had Dr. Pryor as my physician. His thoughtful demeanor and thorough knowledge of rhinoplasty made the entire process such a positive experience. His ability to listen to me and deliver what I wanted was incredible. I was always afraid of getting my nasal deformities fixed in fear of looking “over done.” I am simply amazed at how natural Dr. Pryor has made my nose look. Esthetically, my nose looks beautiful, straight and proportioned to the rest of my face. Also, I can now breathe normally, which was my main objective. I don’t snore anymore and my sleeping habits have changed in such a tremendous way. I can’t begin to describe how wonderful it felt to receive phone calls from the staff to make sure I was OK after my surgery. I have worked in the healthcare field for 8 years and I have never experienced such a down to earth and experienced group of people. Kudos to Dr. Pryor and his staff for making my surgery a five star experience.
RID: 1518806
22/08/11 5 5 5 5 Before.....restrcited breathing, snoring, swollen tonsills. After.....full breathing , no snoring, no tonsils. AWESOME experience! No issues at all. He does everything he says to a "T". Definitely recommend his services to anybody. I had a previous septoplasty from another ENT doctor and it was a nightmare. It was a "sloppy" job in comparison that I still was not fully healed from (2 years later), until I saw this doctor. Everything/body from his office to the overnight surgical facility was just as great.
Paid (or co-pay): $1500
RID: 1490339
19/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Pryor is a wonderful physician, as well as person. I came to Dr. Pryor after I broke my nose which caused septum damage. He gave me a detailed explanation of the procedure that he would be doing and made me comfortable and confident in it. Dr. Pryor then performed the surgery, which consisted of a septoplasty and dorsal hump reduction, of which the results I am exceptionally pleased with. Dr. Pryor is the kindest, most knowledgeable doctor I have ever delt with, and would highly recommend him to anyone considering facial surgery.
RID: 1480737
06/07/11 5 5 5 5 Helpful, kind, extremely knowledgeable and more than trustworthy. I recommend Dr. Pryor to anyone looking to improve his/her appearance. After my mini-lift I can't believe how much younger I looked and how that helped increase my confidence. I put my trust in him and will continue to do so.  Respond
RID: 1429050
30/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Pryor demonstrates excellent patient care with his outstanding clinical knowledge, detailed explanation and thorough follow up during all of my office visits. Overall, the staff was also friendly, professional and courteous.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1422070
21/04/11 5 5 5 5 At 38, a thyroid cancer diagnosis was overwhelming. I was fortunate to have Dr. Pryor and his team, as they made it a positive experience in navigating my care. Their professionalism, knowledge, experience and empathy were evident and comforting during my care. Dr. Pryor is nothing short of exceptional; spending significant time to make sure I felt comfortable and understood the diagnosis and procedure, and never rushed the appointments. He made me feel no question was too insignificant and explained everything in succinct fashion. Dr. Pryor's team quickly expedited my surgery date and scheduled all of my pre-op tests in just a few hours time. I felt like I was a VIP at a five-star hotel, not a patient with cancer. The post-op care has continued along the same path, nothing short of exceptional. Several of my doctors have complimented Dr. Pryor's work and have high accolades for his success with patients. I wish all doctors would follow Dr. Pryor's model in navigating a patient's care.
RID: 1420353
19/04/11 4 4 5 5 Has helped a lot with my headaches. The cost is reasonable; however, I wish the insurance companies would pick up the tab for this.
Paid (or co-pay): $558
RID: 1419939
19/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Pryor is an excellent Physician. He is very detail oriented and makes sure that his patients receive precise care. He is thorough and very caring. My situation was serious and he explained what I needed to do and then expedited my surgery. His instructions regarding post surgical care were detailed and he was explicit in every aspect of my care and medication. He was very compassionate and did his best to inspire confidence in his surgical abilities and my recovery. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this man. He is definitely a credit to the medical profession. I recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone needing an excellent ENT Surgeon or a Plastic Surgeon. He goes the extra mile to give the best care possible.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1412381
11/04/11 5 5 5 5 I had my rhinoplasty surgery in june of last year(2010)..I have never been more happier. Dr. Pryor did an amaizing job. He was so caring and his staff was very kind and always there for me when I needed them.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1406403
04/04/11 5 5 5 5 My nose has never been so happy! Thanks to Doctor Pryor my constant battle with sinus issues is over.  Respond
RID: 1390699
18/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Pryor is a very talented and compassionate plastic surgeon. Having been diagnosed with a devastating malignant tumor in my left cheek; the plan was to remove it and have a skin graft for total reconstruction to the left side of my face from my nose to my ear and from below my eye to my jaw. The results are incredible! He not only saved my life, but made me whole again and at the end of the day when I look in the mirror I am very pleased at what I see. He is a very knowledgeable and gifted surgeon and I have and would recommend him to anyone.
RID: 1390362
17/03/11 5 5 5 5 I came to Dr. Pryor desperate for help. I had already had 2 other septoplastys from other physicians, but with no real success. Almost immediately after my surgery with Dr. Pryor I was totally amazed at how great I felt. For the first time in over 30 years I was actually able to breathe and sleep. My sleep apnea is gone now, and my energy level is more than it has ever been. I truly feel blesed for finding Dr. Pryor!
RID: 1390065
17/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Pryor did my rhinoplasty with amazing results. I had multiple conversations and consultations with several plastic surgeons and I chose him based on skill and personality. I would recommend him to anyone! I was thrilled with my results.
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 1383322
09/03/11 5 3 3 1 He did my eye surgery,very unsatisfied, when i asked him how he was going to fix the problem,he say's i can't, then i new he was cold, did not care what i felt.  Respond
RID: 1320494
23/12/10 2 4 2 2 I broke my septum pretty bad. I went in so I could get it fixed and breath again.. Its still broken and I almost died in the O.R. due to the blood that drained into my lungs. He is horrible.
RID: 828481
13/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Pryor saw me for a deviated septum and cosmetic issues with my nose. I could not say enough about the experience! He was attentive, thorough, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. I went through with a formal rhinoplasty and have been thrilled with the results and his care. I would recommend Dr. Pryor to anyone including my family.
* - Rating left by a registered user