Anne Margolis

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 12/03/09    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 2 reviews. Anne Margolis has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers

Midwife-related: child birth, delivery, pregnancy, newborn, infant, breastfeeding, postpartum, labor
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2713676

19/07/13 1 1 1 2 The experience we had was unspeakably poor. We were interested in home birth and were offered a free consult. After this consult we made a $500 deposit and decided to take the plunge and work with Anne towards a home birth. After 2 visits, based on rate of growth, Anne suggested we potentially had twins (which were not recommended to be not be home birthed), and asked us to confirm via a 3rd party ultra-sound. Ultrasound confirmed it was twins and Anne asked us to find a OBGYN. After 12 months we received a letter threatening us with a debt collector. It turns out Anne was trying to bill our insurance, not mentioning our $500 deposit (which we paid Anne). Included in the bill were charges for our 'free consult'. To avoid the hassle we paid an additional $700; $1200 total for 2 visits and a blood test. However I discovered my co-worker had a similar experience even after their insurance agreed to pay over $6000 for the home birth. Excessive billing, which paid out of pocket. Beware.
Insurance: HIP
Respond
RID: 827938
12/03/09 5 5 5 5 I did get my union-based health plan to cover some of her costs. She is usually more than willing to help when she can. Anne is an amazing person, midwife and support. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone thinking about home birth!
Paid (or co-pay): $6000