Rate Dr. Anne Margolis

Dr. Anne Margolis's Ratings

The experience we had was unspeakably poor. We were interested in home birth and were offered a free consult. After this consult we made a $500 deposit and decided to take the plunge and work with Anne towards a home birth. After 2 visits, based on rate of growth, Anne suggested we potentially had twins (which were not recommended to be not be home birthed), and asked us to confirm via a 3rd party ultra-sound. Ultrasound confirmed it was twins and Anne asked us to find a OBGYN. After 12 months we received a letter threatening us with a debt collector. It turns out Anne was trying to bill our insurance, not mentioning our $500 deposit (which we paid Anne). Included in the bill were charges for our 'free consult'. To avoid the hassle we paid an additional $700; $1200 total for 2 visits and a blood test. However I discovered my co-worker had a similar experience even after their insurance agreed to pay over $6000 for the home birth. Excessive billing, which paid out of pocket. Beware.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

I did get my union-based health plan to cover some of her costs. She is usually more than willing to help when she can. Anne is an amazing person, midwife and support. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone thinking about home birth!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461009].votes_count ]]