Rate Dr. J Schouls

Dr. J Schouls's Ratings

I went to see Dr Schouls and during my exam, she jammed her gloved fingers inside of me hard enough to make me bleed. I was sore for the rest of the day. She was quick to recommend an IUD "for heavy bleeding" which I was NOT having a problem with. Then she told me my procedure would be by laproscope, and I had made it clear I had had past issues with one during a surgery. I would NEVER see this Gyno again, and I wouldn't send anyone I know to her. I was told she was gentle. She wasn't at all. I was told she would give me a choice of how my surgery would go. She wasn't going to. If a doctor only does things one way...go the other way, meaning FAR AWAY from them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

I wen't to three doctors before Dr.Schouls who all told me nothing was wrong, accused me of making things up and didn't take time to listen to me. Dr.Schouls listened to me, understood and immediately gave me a diagnosis. She was fast and booked me for surgery and I have her to thank for catching my endometriosis in stage 1! As someone whose afraid of gynos, I found her patient, understanding, and kind. She made me feel so comfortable and took the time to explain everything to me- even before my surgery. I can't say I've had a doctor like her before, and I'm happy that I found her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Love this lady !!! My experience has been nothing but positive - punctual, friendly, informative, caring, respectful of my needs etc ... I would highly recommend Dr. Schouls

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

always late, very superficial, no compassion or care, 9-5pm is the only time she will attend to you, after you wait for hours, better find another more caring dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2012

She's very late, informative and helpful. Not aware of alternatives to estrogen therapies that are more user friendly/healthy and safer to use and very quick to prescribe medications. However, she's more respectful than the usual arrogant doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2012

After dealing with a few doctors about a concerning issue, I finally found some confidence and support in Dr. Schoul. She really takes the time to make sure you understand what is taking place and answers any questions you have. I typically find majority of doctors to be arrogant, rushed, and unwilling to take the time to explain procedures and answer any questions thoroughly. Allow I was 30min late getting into my appointment, it didn't matter given the time she spent with me, the thoughtfulness and care she took, and reassurance that I was finally in good hands. She told me the exact date to expect a phone call. I couldn't be happier with the entire experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2012

Dr. J Schouls is amazing and caring person, who you can talk to about anything you've concerns about. She takes time to explain things which I don't understand. Yes sometimes she's late but it's because she is on call or running late after LGH.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Is it too much to ask for a doctor to be punctual? Understandably sometimes they cannot help it, but why is the staff not advising arriving patients of the hour long wait time? It is a gross lack of respect towards the clients/patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

I have seen many doctors in my life, but none as caring and easy to talk to as Dr Schouls. She is thorough, and makes you feel like she has all the time in the world to listen to concerns and ask questions. She is not judgemental and puts me at ease. I highly recommend her to anyone. As others have mentioned, sometimes late for appointments, but what good doctor isn't! I'm happy to wait for a good experience, good care and good advice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Dr Schouls is a fantastic doctor. She explains everything so thoroughly and takes time with patients (hence she is sometimes a little late for appointments). I would highly recommend her to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][461306].votes_count ]]