Dr. Mirwais Hussainy

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 08/02/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Mirwais Hussainy has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oral Surgeon-related: dental implants, tooth removal, TMJ, jaw surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3605942
14/11/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Hussainy made me feel at ease before my wisdom to other extraction. I was petrified of being put to sleep and experiencing severe pain. He made me laugh a little and his staff were so friendly I was surprised to get this level of service from Smilecare (he has his own practice also). I was done within 30 mins and the general Anastasia wasn't a bad experience. I am only swollen from one of my three teeth (which was deeply impacted) and overall feel pretty okay today (day after surgery)
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $455
RID: 2834336
04/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hussainy made me feel at ease during my difficult procedure, and is clearly a high skilled health care professional. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!  Respond
RID: 2763695
12/08/13 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr. Hussainy a couple weeks ago to have my wisdom teeth evaluated about getting pulled out. He was very knowledgable and helped walk me through the process. I had them removed on Thursday and though I am in pain, he and his team were great. My recovery is going well and I have a follow up appointment on Tuesday of next week. Thanks Pacifica Surgery Center.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2684162
20/06/13 4 5 5 5 The staff at Dr. Hussainy's office was pretty good, they were very welcoming and helpful in answering questions prior to coming in for my appointment. The doctor was very nice, he explained exactly what would be happening with my dental implant. The procedure didn't hurt as bad as I had expected. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a good oral surgeon.  Respond
RID: 2642356
07/05/13 5 5 5 5 Found doctor Hussainy on the web and took my son to get his wisdom tooth checked out. The staff there was very polite and respectful. Dr.Hussainy was really knowledgeable and knew what he talking about. He gave us some great advice.
RID: 2565565
20/02/13 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr. Hussainy after being referred by Dentist. He want to have me to x-Rays to see if it would be worth it to have Dental Implants put in for my teeth that had a root canal and were pretty damaged. When I went in I only waited for a few minutes before the Dr. came out and got me started. I ended up needing the implant and 3 weeks later it was placed. His staff and assisting team were great. They made my stay very comfortable and I would most defiantly recommend Dr. Hussainy.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $400
RID: 2558950
13/02/13 5 5 5 5 I found Dr. Hussainy a couple weeks ago and took my daughter to see him for her Wisdom Teeth. His front office staff were very helpful and polite, they got my daughter in quickly for her surgery. The Doctor was very professional and really knew his stuff. There office was also very clean and professional.
Respond

08/06/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1316458
17/12/10 4 5 5 5 I had been having a bad tooth ache for about two weeks. I woke up one morning to find the side of my face as swollen as a grapefruit and the pain was absolutely unbearable. I went to see my dentist and I was referred to Dr. Hussainy because he was the only oral surgeon who accepted my insurance. Upon seeing me in the waiting room, he rushed me back to a treatment room. He was so gentle and caring and explained the severity of my infection. He is one of the gentlest dentists I have ever met. I barely felt the injections to get numbed up and felt immediate relief. I didn't even feel him pull the tooth!!! He said he had to drain the abscess which I could instantly feel relief the pressure in my face. He even gave me a dose of IV antibiotics which is stronger than taking pills. My face is back to normal and I barely had any pain afterwards. Thanks Dr. Hussainy!!! You are awesome!!!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Paid (or co-pay): $300
Respond

14/03/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 819272

07/03/09 2 4 1 2 My wife went to him with a consult for 4 teeth needing to be extracted under sedation since she had a serious infection. His staff couldn't find a vein to administer sedation so he determined that he would try NO and needles. She did take to the NO, so he had his staff physically restrain her while he proceded to administer needles while she tried to protest as loud as possile to the intense pain to no avail. She finally broke free from the two female staffers and stood up. He claimed she assaulted him when she called him an A**hole as she walked out of the chair crying. After explaining to me what happened, she realized that she still needed the work done no matter what kd of a man he was. She returned to chair only to be belittled an degraded by him in front of his staff, I guess to prove he was still a man. He is definately not very nice or customer-friendly. If he didn't have such a God-complex and ego. Too bad there are people who need his services enough to put up with his ego.
Insurance: Tricare