Dr. Stan Van Uum

Rate Dr. Stan Van Uum

Dr. Stan Van Uum's Ratings

Fantastic Endo, knowledgeable, curious, personable, and not afraid to look things up.

Submitted July 16, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr Van Uum in Sept/2012 for Addison's disease, excellent doctor very knowledgeable and kind. First met Dr Van Uum at Addison support group where he was guest speaker in Brantford. I have been sick for 4 years prior to adrenal failure and Dr Van Uum has been excellent and continues to monitor my medications and I feel so lucky to be under his care. London is so lucky to have such a brilliant and caring Endocrinologist.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2013 | flag

After searching for 6 years to find a good endocrinologist, I am So very happy with Dr. Van Uum's care. He is so compassionate, educated, and kind. I have to recommend him to everyone out there. He is one in a million. I can not say enough about Agnes and Dr. Van Uum. They are a wonderful team.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2012 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Van Uum earlier this year by my oncologist. I have found him to be very pleasant, knowledgeable and thorough. I would recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2012 | flag

I have been treated by Dr van Uum since January 2005 (7 years) for Acromegaly and a partially removal of a Pituitary macro adenoma now requiring life-long treatment. I consider myself extremely fortunate to be followed by such a compassionate and knowledgeable Specialist. He always responds to concerns and is up to date with the latest research even before it is published. He is a brilliant man. It is rare for one so gifted in research to also be such a good patient caregiver. It has been 7 good years of true "care" from a doctor I have learnt to trust and rely upon. We are lucky to have him in London. His staff are equally responsive and I thank them all at St Joseph's Hospital.

Submitted May 20, 2012 | flag

I've been seeing this Dr for 3 years with suspected pituitary adenoma. Despite elevated cortisol testing and adenoma showing on MRI this Dr refuses to treat me. My GP diagnosed me with hyperparathyroid adenoma and this Dr says I don't need treatment. Without even looking at imagining or test results. Pituitary tumour and parathyroid tumour = Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia. I've moved on to a good parathyroid surgeon and an excellent Cushing's Dr in Winnipeg. Don't waste your time if you suspect MEN's disease or any endocrine disease. This Dr will dismiss every symptom and positive test. He might be ok if you just have thyroid or diabetes but I doubt it. He's Dr Van Useless as far as I'm concerned.

Submitted March 16, 2012 | flag

I would highly recommend Dr. Van Uum! I have been dealing with very challenging endocrine related health issues for almost 6 years now. Just last summer I was able to meet with Dr. Van Uum at his clinic. As soon as I met him there was no hesitancy on his part, he knew exactly which direction to go with me, and which tests he wanted to do. He is very knowledgeable on the endocrine system and how it works. He clearly explained everything to me that he wanted to check and why he was doing it. He has since followed up with me several times and has come up with a treatment plan which is very exciting and gives me hope for recovery. Dr. Van Uum has been the first doctor to explain to me what’s going on in relation to my lab tests & symptoms, and give me confidence for the future. In addition his office staff is very helpful and they have a very fast turnaround on updates to my family doctor. Top notch doctor, staff and clinic make for a great experience.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2012 | flag

Patient,quiet, thorough, explained everything. Supportive and understanding of symptoms. i felt very comfortable that all my questions were answered.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2011 | flag

I recently needed some information from a professional in endocrinology for a university course assignment and he got back to me immediately was very friendly and very knowledgeable. He was the only one of all the doctors I contacted that returned my calls and was willing to share his knowledge with me.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2011 | flag

excellent docter very knowledgeable and very helpful and kind

Submitted Aug. 5, 2010 | flag