Dr. Mark S. Wallen

Santa Monica, California Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Podiatrist
Website: drmarkwallen.com External Link
Practice: Mark S. Wallen, D.P.M.
Hospital: St. John's Health Center
Phone:310-828-0122
Med. School:Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 17/06/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Mark S. Wallen has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Mark S. Wallen
Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

22/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.9
RID: 2719560
26/07/13 5 5 5 5 This is a very kind patient caring knowledgeable doctor I have been seeing for about 3 years who has really made a difference and helped me tremendously. I would recommend him to anyone with no hesitation.
RID: 1745592
15/03/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Wallen has always been very kind and seems genuinely concerned. I have been quite satisfied while under his care. And, I have appreciated all of his help whenever I had a problem.
RID: 1742500
14/03/12 5 5 5 5 Have been very happy with Dr Wallen, I had a toe nail removed
RID: 1575340
31/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Wallen was genial, efficient and very competent. I had a problem with tendinitis pain in my feet -- he diagosed the problem promptly, and prescribed and made orthotics for me. This has helped immeasurably! He gave me a practical, immediate solution for my problem with a minimum of time and bother. I would definitely recommend him.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
Respond

31/07/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

31/07/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1494517
24/07/11 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient for over 10 years and I have sent my family and friends including my children to Dr Wallen.The office staff has always been informative and everyhting incudeding treatment options and costs have been discussed in advance. I am very happing with the treatmnet I have recived and am happy to continue referring patiens to his office.
RID: 1425114
25/04/11 5 5 5 5 Divine intervention by God (No better referral then that)put me into same elevator with Doctor Wallen. I asked him what type of doctor he was and he said podiatrist. I made an appointment and he figured out my problem immediately which I have had for over 15 years. No other doctors had an answer or could figure out treatment to correct my foot problems. Doctor Wallen relates, empathizes, communicates and is very ethical with his patients. IF you have tried all the rest and have had no solution to your feet problems... may I suggest you try the Best...Doctor Wallen. (Joe Cox)
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1406388
04/04/11 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Wallen by a friend and have now been a patient for 5 years. He is very knowledgeable, professional, and personable. He explains everything & gives you options. I had plantar fasciitis and it was treated step by step from anti-inflammatory Rx to cortisone injections, and finally shockwave therapy, which ultimately healed the problem. He has great bedside manner and explained everything as it happened. I was pretty scared of the injections, but he has a great touch and it was not painful at all. He is a great doctor and a very nice man. The appointments are never rushed; he spends time with you; and is very concerned with whatever issues you have and getting you to feel better as soon as possible. He is excellent and I would highly recommend him, without hesitation, if you have any kind of foot/ankle/heel/toe problems. In my opinion, he is one of the best doctors around.
RID: 1371596
24/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Wallen was recommended by a friend. Both my husband and I see him now. I have a neruoma. We went through some evaluation and I ended up with orthotics. They are fantastic. My feet feel great and I don't have an active neuroma now. My husband has plantar fasciitis. He was treated and has orthotics now. His condition is under control and he was able to start running again. Dr. Wallen's office staff is very personable, you are taken in on time, and Dr. Wallen is able to deal with your feet. What more can you ask? Oh, it would be nice if orthotics were covered by my insurance:)
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1363099

14/02/11 4 3 3 3 I was referred by a friend who also left Dr. Wallen. My issue was overcharge for orthodics and three imprints before satisfactory. I found another highly rated Dr. in Santa Monica who deserves top praise. Fair orthodics cost, too.
See Responses
RID: 1299279
22/11/10 5 3 5 5 Very responsive to questions and issues. Has also treated my husband.  Respond
RID: 1289201
08/11/10 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor! Both my husband & I see Dr. Wallen. My husband had a car accident several years back & he saw Dr. Wallen for relief from heel pain. I have had a series of foot injuries & problems & Dr. Wallen has provided excellent care for all of them. He also did a bunionectomy for me ... the results were great & long lasting. I can't say enough good things about this doctor.
RID: 1283722
01/11/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Wallen was very knowledgeable and helpful and tries to avoid painful and costly procedures when at all possible. Highly recommend him.
RID: 1264138
03/10/10 5 5 5 5 I have seen Dr. Wallen for a number of foot problems over the years. I have custom orthotics that have given me complete relief of my pain. Laser toenail sugeries were all successful for my "tennis toes". I have referred friends and family members and all were very satisfied with their care and treatment.
RID: 1261480
29/09/10 5 4 5 5 Very informative and caring, procedure was a big success, post care was also excellent
RID: 1258315
24/09/10 4 5 5 5 15 year patient. I've always had good service. My problem is pronated feet. Dr. Wallen has fitted orthotics and recommended the strongest side wall shoes with good results.
RID: 1191252
17/06/10 5 5 5 5 Upon my visit to Dr. Mark Wallen's office, I was very impressed with his professionalim and bedside manner. Dr. Wallen was able to diagnose my problem quickly and help me on my road to recovery. If you are experiencing any foot or ankle issues, I highly recommend Dr. Wallen's services.
RID: 878106
05/05/09 5 5 5 5 I visited Dr Wallen for about a year due to neuroma in my foot. I was pretty scared to have foot problems for quite a while I was barely leaving the house. He's a very likeable guy and I found him to be very professional and got everything on track. I was treated with injections to reduce the swelling and then to deaden the nerve. I also got orthotics recommended through Dr Wallen. These made a big difference in my quality of life, now I can walk around, do sports or whatever I want without pain.
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 798094
23/02/09 5 4 5 5 I take my son to Dr. Wallen and have had nothing but good, professional experinces.  Respond
RID: 745225

16/12/08 4 3 1 1 I was referred to Dr. Wallen by a reputable shoe store in Santa Monica. His services were bad at best, self-serving at worst. I was billed over $550 for about 15 total minutes of patient time and he created orthodics which only made my condition worst. The doctor billed over $1000 to my insurance. Although he claimed my insurance would cover his services they didn't. I was billed for services I did not receive. All he seems to care about is making a buck not treating or giving sound medical advice.
* - Rating left by a registered user