Rate Dr. Louis M. Hamer

Dr. Louis M. Hamer's Ratings

The staff was very unprofessional. I had called to ask questions, the staff was very rude and had no matters what so ever. I went to the clinic and the business manager appeared to be very unprofessional and was laughing at very serious matters. They fail to meet with any middle ground in regards to understanding their clients to further their purpose as to assist them at their needs in a polite way at all. It went so far that I tried to agree to disagree with an issue that was old news and the business manager, Teresa, had slammed the door on my face telling me to get out. As a business owner myself, employees are a major contribution and is an incredibly important factor to their flow of clients. As for the business manager, she isn't a good roll model at all for that staff. The Doctor was their the whole time and never put an end to the problem, even after having the window slammed in my face. It was the worst experience I've had at any Doctors office and will not go back again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][497713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2013

Dr Hamer was very concerned about my son's chest pain. On the day I called to schedule his breathing test I was placed on hold. When the young woman cam back on the line she asked if I had time to bring him in that day. As it was late in the day Dr Hamer stayed late to take care of my son. He has done all the test he could in his office and his staff was very helpful with getting the other test and x-rays scheduled for him. Dr Hamer and his staff are great and very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][497712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2011

Very thorough, very knowledgeable. I felt that he listened to my concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][497711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Dr. Hamer provided me a professional medical evaluation for my claim against the Veterans Affairs. After a thorough review of my service medical records, civilian medical records and claims folder, Dr. Hamer provided an unbiased report that aided in the successful reward of my case. I found that Dr. Hamer's work-up to find out all of my pertinent issues was exceptional to say the least. I would recommend Dr. Hamer because of his professionalism and integrity.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][497710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2010

Dr. Hamer cares for my elderly mother with COPD and is extremely conscientious and caring. He communicates well with her other physicians and avoids duplicate testing and drug interactions. I would recommend him highly, and apprecaite the time and effort he puts into the care of my mother

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][497709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

Dr. Hamer is very knowledgeable in many areas of medicine and takes the time to explain everything to me in laymen's terms. He listens and really does understand my concerns. His expertise, combined with his ability to clearly communicate and address my medical issues has really made a difference. Better to understand and resolve a medical issue with a clear plan of action than to have unnecessary anxiety and no idea of where to turn. I recommend Dr. Hamer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][497708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

First visit I was asked to arrive early (paperwork). I arrived 30 mins prior to my 3:00 apmt and waited. Dr. Hamer did not come in to see me until almost 4:30 pm. I can understand that this type of thing happens, so I shrugged it off. The doctor scheduled me for a sleep study (titration for my CPAP), and a chest x-ray, and scheduled a follow up apmt. On June 15th, I arrive for my apmt and am informed that the doctor is out of the office, and that my apmt should have been on the 17th, not the 15th. I returned again on the 17th for my 3:00 apmt, and again waited until 4:40pm when the doctor finally came in. I asked him why he had recommended that the pressure in my CPAP be reduced, when the sleep study results recommended it increased. He finally said that there had been a transcription error, and he would fax the new order. When I brought up the tardiness he replied, "That's life. Maybe you should find another doctor." My recommendation is the same, find another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][497707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010

Dr. Hamer is very knowledgeable and is very available. He returns his phone calls promptly and even gave me his e mail address. When I have trouble breathing, I can reach him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][497706].votes_count ]]