Rate Dr. Pragna P. Patel

Dr. Pragna P. Patel's Ratings

I think anyone who thinks Dr. Patel is not a good and caring psychiatrist is a co-dependent personality whom she should not accommodate. She encourages self-empowerment/awareness and responsibility.

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

Pragna Patel is a disgrace to the medical profession. She is rude and uncaring. She prescribed a medication with a side-effect that made it difficult for me to swallow, and when asked about this, was not only unaware of such a side effect, but denied its possibility. (Fortunately, my family doctor was able to figure it out in less than five minutes). She doles out the medication in thirty-day supplies to get another payment from insurance every month. And when my insurance company started insisting on 90-day supplies, she screwed it up, wouldn't return calls from the pharmacy, and I went without medication for three weeks before she got back to me. Do not walk, RUN from this woman.

Submitted March 15, 2013 | flag

Pragna Patel is a terrible "doctor", she does NOT listen to you at all and takes phone calls during your appointment!! All she cares about is collecting a co-payment and then treats you like you are a child. A doctor is supposed to listen to you and really get down into the details...not true for her. She starts writing off medication right away and interestingly only gives a 1 MONTH supply! This is to have you come back and pay another co-pay just to get a perscription for a non-scheduled drug. Do not go to her, she is simply terrible.

Submitted May 11, 2012 | flag

I took my 9 year old son there for his ADD for about a year and a half and did not feel that his ADD was being properly managed. His appointments were about 10 minutes long, she hardly spoke to him. You pay your co-pay in cash (I found it odd that you can't pay by charge or benefits card) and she writes a prescription for a month's supply. Then you go back and it's the same thing over and over. I decided to try a different psychiatrist, and he thought his ADD was poorly managed. Working on new treatments now with better medication and counseling. I feel really good about my decision to relieve Patel of her "treatment" method.

Submitted April 30, 2012 | flag

She didnt care except for the copayment. I need someone who will listen and not talk down to me.

Submitted April 9, 2012 | flag

very good patient/doctor relationship always answers calls prompt appt. scheduling knowledgeable doctor

Submitted Nov. 30, 2011 | flag

Dr Patel is very personable and I have never had any problems with her. The longest I've ever waited to be seen was 10 minutes.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2011 | flag

Pragna Patel is one of the most horrific doctors I have ever been too. She does not care to get to the root of the issues, she pushes medication on to the patient without explanation, does not answer questions and further more will charge you $50 above the consult to sign for work paperwork. Because it will take away from her personal live to fill out a 2 sentence page. Has not a care in the world for her patients. I do not understand how someone like this is still licensed! She is a DRUG DEALER!

Submitted Sept. 26, 2011 | flag

Dr. Patel is the worst psychiatrist i have even been to. She doesnt listen to you. I hade been on an antidepressant, and went through some major life changes and went in crying, hoping she might help me and up my dose (since i was on a low low dose), but no, she lowered it and the way she wrote my new prescription, no pharmacy will fill, so ive been going through SSRI withdrawal, she doesn't answer her phone for me or the pharmacists. get a receptionist! takes her forever to call you back. i dont know about this "legal drug dealer" thing, cause all she would give me was lexapro. im having panic attacks at work, and lexapro doesnt do ANYTHING for my anxiety. worthless psychiatrist.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2011 | flag

It's frightening to think that Pragna Patel is still practicing her version of psychiatry. She has to be the nastiest, most negligent psychiatrist/doctor I've ever known. She appears to be nothing more than a pill-pusher and strictly in it for the money because she clearly doesn't give a damn about her patients. As an example, she prescribed Lamictal for me, which,I believe, most people are aware can cause a potentially lethal skin rash. I've since learned that some psychiatrists even advise their patients to hook up with a dermatologist for the first several months on Lamictal. Anyway, she neglected to inform me of this rash and at the end of our appointment I asked her, "So when are you going to tell me about the dangerous skin rash that some patients get when starting Lamictal?" She looked up from her desk, shot me a dirty look, and said, without remorse, something like it happens so rarely don't worry about it. One of many bad experiences; she should lose her license.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2009 | flag