Dr. Giancarlo Barolat

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Giancarlo Barolat has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3611415
21/11/13 1 4 5 5 I consulted with Dr. Barolat for about an hour and a half. He was very thorough and went through everything. He was not hurried and made sure everything was clear and covered. He is an exceptional doctor in that aspect. I was supposed to have a neurostimulator implanted in Mid-September. Dr. Baralot is excellent, however, his office staff for insurance approval is abysmal. His insurance approval person, neglected to send some very relevant files and my insurance rejected it. I called her several times and she almost never answers the phone, so you have to leave a message. After leaving several messages she never calls back. I finally got through to her only to be told she would call be back, but again never did. They resubmitted the paperwork to the insurance company and wound up leaving out the same documents that were missing before. Rejected again. Now I won't be having the surgery, thanks to his incompetent insurance staff. Too bad one person ruins the experience.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 2768317
14/08/13 2 2 2 2 There clearly is another side to this Dr.performance. I was a victim of his two failed operations on me. I found him to be a slick salesman and a Dr. I could not trust. I found his explanation of failure to be incoherent. After the failure of the operations he totally disregarded me as a patient and indicated he could do nothing but refer back other Drs. The feedback he gave to my wife and parents post operations were a distortion of what happened in the rating room. Due to my expereince with this Dr.mI have lost trust and faith in the entire health care system.
RID: 2462579
31/10/12 5 5 5 5 I was referred by my Dr in Mi. Had all paperwork done prior to going to Denver. Once in Denver, met with Dr. Barolat on Monday and surgery on Tuesday. Implanted new wafer leads in spine and a rechargeable stimulator in back. Back in Michigan and 3 weeks since surgery and everything is working perfect. He and his staff are excellent, caring, knowledgeable in all aspects of neurosurgery. Off most of my medications with little pain now and getting less every day. He called on several occasions to check up on me and I have his personal cell to call anytime. If you have tried other pains avenues please give this a look see. Web site is excellent and will tell you everything you need to know.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1687644
16/01/12 5 5 5 5 If all doctors were as knowledgable, caring and talented as Dr. Barolat the health care system would be fixed. He is a doctor who is truly doing what he does because he loves it. Great staff and great Physician's assistant (Paul Battle). I can't say enough good things about my experience.
RID: 1664064
18/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Barolat is the best Doctor I ever have. He is the most knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate. He takes the time to listen to the patient, and answer all the questions in a very clear manner. I have never seen a Doctor that understands pain the way he does.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 980462
04/09/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Barolat is not only a great physician who will listens to and truly cares about his patients and their well-being, but also an immensely qualified specialist in his particularly field. So rare that you find both qualities in the same practicioner!
RID: 770977
23/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Barolat and the staff are very friendly and understanding about your pain. They treat you and your family like family not another case. I have seen 23 doctors and Dr. Barolat was the best that I have seen.  Respond