Rate Dr. Giancarlo Barolat

Dr. Giancarlo Barolat's Ratings

This is the best doctor and staff I have ever worked with. I have Chiari and have seen to many doctors to count. He is by far the most caring person I have ever went an seen. He has done 3 surgeries on me. I have to say that with my other doctors I have given up hope on getting any help. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I consulted with Dr. Barolat for about an hour and a half. He was very thorough and went through everything. He was not hurried and made sure everything was clear and covered. He is an exceptional doctor in that aspect. I was supposed to have a neurostimulator implanted in Mid-September. Dr. Baralot is excellent, however, his office staff for insurance approval is abysmal. His insurance approval person, neglected to send some very relevant files and my insurance rejected it. I called her several times and she almost never answers the phone, so you have to leave a message. After leaving several messages she never calls back. I finally got through to her only to be told she would call be back, but again never did. They resubmitted the paperwork to the insurance company and wound up leaving out the same documents that were missing before. Rejected again. Now I won't be having the surgery, thanks to his incompetent insurance staff. Too bad one person ruins the experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][498850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

There clearly is another side to this Dr.performance. I was a victim of his two failed operations on me. I found him to be a slick salesman and a Dr. I could not trust. I found his explanation of failure to be incoherent. After the failure of the operations he totally disregarded me as a patient and indicated he could do nothing but refer back other Drs. The feedback he gave to my wife and parents post operations were a distortion of what happened in the rating room. Due to my expereince with this Dr.mI have lost trust and faith in the entire health care system.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][498849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2013

I was referred by my Dr in Mi. Had all paperwork done prior to going to Denver. Once in Denver, met with Dr. Barolat on Monday and surgery on Tuesday. Implanted new wafer leads in spine and a rechargeable stimulator in back. Back in Michigan and 3 weeks since surgery and everything is working perfect. He and his staff are excellent, caring, knowledgeable in all aspects of neurosurgery. Off most of my medications with little pain now and getting less every day. He called on several occasions to check up on me and I have his personal cell to call anytime. If you have tried other pains avenues please give this a look see. Web site is excellent and will tell you everything you need to know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2012

If all doctors were as knowledgable, caring and talented as Dr. Barolat the health care system would be fixed. He is a doctor who is truly doing what he does because he loves it. Great staff and great Physician's assistant (Paul Battle). I can't say enough good things about my experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2012

Dr. Barolat is the best Doctor I ever have. He is the most knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate. He takes the time to listen to the patient, and answer all the questions in a very clear manner. I have never seen a Doctor that understands pain the way he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2011

Dr. Barolat is not only a great physician who will listens to and truly cares about his patients and their well-being, but also an immensely qualified specialist in his particularly field. So rare that you find both qualities in the same practicioner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2009

Dr. Barolat and the staff are very friendly and understanding about your pain. They treat you and your family like family not another case. I have seen 23 doctors and Dr. Barolat was the best that I have seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498844].votes_count ]]