You may also like

Rate Dr. Navraj Heran

Dr. Navraj Heran's Ratings

I'm glad I didn't read the bad reviews here before my surgery. Although I felt he could have given me more time to explain follow up after my surgery my surgery went really well and I'm healing really fast! I had it a few days ago and am home. The first surgeon I saw..Dr. Matishak who is the top neurosurgeon in BC spoke to me before surgery and told me he personally trained Dr. Heran and he is confident that Heran's skill level with coil surgery is tops and Matishak was confident to refer me to him. I believe he was right. Again maybe more time afterwards to inform me of the steps etc ..but at the same time I realize during my surgery they had an overflow of surgeries and the surgeons were performing surgeries all day. They were overloaded that day. It was a marathon for them. So I understand, and the nurses inquired to him for me and I got the info I needed right away. He could improve on that, but the most important aspect 'his skill' definately is there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2775607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

worst doctor ever in my opinion. my surgery's result shocks my other surgeons. Terrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr Heran, was late as he was called to ER.If that was me in ER, I would have wanted him too. So I can completely forgive the punctuality issues. He is an incredibly skilled surgeon and concurrent in research and theory. I found him pleasant,attentive and felt he really heard me. He is a rare talent in the field.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2736793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

He seemed more concerned with telling us how many of these procedures he'd performed as opposed to assuring me about my own situation. The appointment was too brief and I was left with more questions than answers.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2675055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

Possibly the most bizarre appointment I have ever had with a doctor - began with a few questions, followed by about 5 movement test after which he told me there was nothing he could do for me and began to dictate a letter into a recording device about me, my condition etc but never explained what he was doing. What surprised me was in the letter he said I was disappointed that nothing could be done but we never actually talked about anything. After dictation was done I was literally dismissed. Honestly shocked at the whole experience as it was absolutely horrible. I left feeling upset, uninformed, and overall horribly disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

If he makes you wait two hours it because he's saving someone's life. If you don't like that, go elsewear. This man is a genius. He saves people that others have either failed, or didn't even try to and he does it so well you barely know you've had your head opened.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2631352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I was fortunate to land in RCH when Dr Heran was on duty . I had been told I had a mass on my brain and because I had already had surgery for breast cancer, there was a chance the tumor could be malignant. Dr Heran ordered an MRI right away and let me know that it was benign. At that point all worry left me and I felt that I could not be in better hands. I had my surgery, tumor removed and I am back to normal! In my opinion he is clear, concise and extremely competent! He tells it like it is !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2538025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2446204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Had been dealing with a sciatic problem for two and a half years. No relief with chiropractors, physiotherapists and an acupuncturist. CT Scan done 15 months ago, viewed by another neurosurgeon determined surgery not an option. Most recently attended at False Creek, had private MRI and a consultation with Dr. Heran. The MRI identified the area he felt was causing the problem, L5 - S1. When he viewed the CT Scan done previously, he immediately confirmed this was the location causing the problem. I was able to book an appointment in less than two weeks and Dr. Heran performed a Foraminotomy in that location. He would have preferred a wedge procedure however did not believe I had enough bone mass on the S1 to retain the wedge in place. I am just over three weeks post surgery. Most of my problem has been eliminated and I am now able to sleep without numbness in my left leg. I found Dr. Heran to be pleasant and forthright and have complete confidence in his skills.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2446203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

On Dec 13, 2013 I had C6-7 discectomy and spinal fusion performed by Dr Heran at False Creek surgical clinic. My experience has been magical. I thought I may never work again and my life was over as I had basically lost use of my right arm. Dr Heran was very professional from the first consult up until this day 2 months later where he very quick to answer any questions or concerns I may have. After reviewing all of my options I decided to use a metal spacer vs a bone graft.I woke up from surgery a new person with literally no pain. I am now pain free and well into my physio therapy and will be returning to work in a week. I have to say Dr Heran has been the most compassionate Dr I have ever dealt with, his hands are magical. I would recommend Dr Heran to anyone without hesitation. The whole staff at False Creek made me feel very comfortable and that success with my surgery was very important to them.I really just cannot say enough good things about Dr Heran. He saved my life!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1249942].votes_count ]]