Rate Dr. Navraj Heran

Dr. Navraj Heran's Ratings

I was fortunate to land in RCH when Dr Heran was on duty . I had been told I had a mass on my brain and because I had already had surgery for breast cancer, there was a chance the tumor could be malignant. Dr Heran ordered an MRI right away and let me know that it was benign. At that point all worry left me and I felt that I could not be in better hands. I had my surgery, tumor removed and I am back to normal! In my opinion he is clear, concise and extremely competent! He tells it like it is !

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

Possibly the most bizarre appointment I have ever had with a doctor - began with a few questions, followed by about 5 movement test after which he told me there was nothing he could do for me and began to dictate a letter into a recording device about me, my condition etc but never explained what he was doing. What surprised me was in the letter he said I was disappointed that nothing could be done but we never actually talked about anything. After dictation was done I was literally dismissed. Honestly shocked at the whole experience as it was absolutely horrible. I left feeling upset, uninformed, and overall horribly disappointed.

Submitted May 28, 2014 | flag

Had been dealing with a sciatic problem for two and a half years. No relief with chiropractors, physiotherapists and an acupuncturist. CT Scan done 15 months ago, viewed by another neurosurgeon determined surgery not an option. Most recently attended at False Creek, had private MRI and a consultation with Dr. Heran. The MRI identified the area he felt was causing the problem, L5 - S1. When he viewed the CT Scan done previously, he immediately confirmed this was the location causing the problem. I was able to book an appointment in less than two weeks and Dr. Heran performed a Foraminotomy in that location. He would have preferred a wedge procedure however did not believe I had enough bone mass on the S1 to retain the wedge in place. I am just over three weeks post surgery. Most of my problem has been eliminated and I am now able to sleep without numbness in my left leg. I found Dr. Heran to be pleasant and forthright and have complete confidence in his skills.

Submitted April 7, 2014 | flag

On Dec 13, 2013 I had C6-7 discectomy and spinal fusion performed by Dr Heran at False Creek surgical clinic. My experience has been magical. I thought I may never work again and my life was over as I had basically lost use of my right arm. Dr Heran was very professional from the first consult up until this day 2 months later where he very quick to answer any questions or concerns I may have. After reviewing all of my options I decided to use a metal spacer vs a bone graft.I woke up from surgery a new person with literally no pain. I am now pain free and well into my physio therapy and will be returning to work in a week. I have to say Dr Heran has been the most compassionate Dr I have ever dealt with, his hands are magical. I would recommend Dr Heran to anyone without hesitation. The whole staff at False Creek made me feel very comfortable and that success with my surgery was very important to them.I really just cannot say enough good things about Dr Heran. He saved my life!

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Heran was very clear with me with what was wrong and what I needed. He was polite and to the point which I appreciated. He clearly described what the procedure was and what the recovery would entail. Kathy was very helpful in filling out the paperwork necessary. On the day of surgery again Dr. Heran was professional and did what appears to be an excellent job on my cervical disk replacement and fusion. The pain was noticeably better by later that day and I could not be happier with the results. The scar is almost gone only two months postop. I appreciate Dr. Heran skills and consider myself lucky to have had him as my surgeon. I have had interaction with two other neurosurgeons and would definitely return to his care should another problem arise.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr Heran approached me during recovery from brain surgery performed by another surgeon at RCH. After reading my chart and seeing I'd had numerous shunt surgeries he told me about a procedure he performs that "is much better" He told me to come in to RCH on a weekend and tell the staff my head was really bad and he would "slip me into the O.R." while he was on call to do the procedure. I did so and 4-6 weeks later I developed limb numbness, began to suffer severe short term memory issues, neck pain & balance issues. He told me to give it 6 mnths & things would improve. Went back 6 mnths later thing were only a little better. He said give it another 6 months & I should be back to normal. By this time the statute of limitations on medical malpractice had expired preventing me from filing a lawsuit. I am now on disability living just above poverty and will never be able to work again. He doesn't care about his patients and only sees people as opportunities to practice surgical techniques. This man is an awful person who doesn't care about the people he hurts.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2013

dr was awful i waited 8 months for a appointment that was rescheduled twice lasted 10 minutes and was a waste of time. he didnt listen to my problem didnt care about the pain issue caused by stenosis just told me to go on a diet and that the only time he would consider surgery is when i get foot/ leg drop

Submitted Nov. 1, 2013 | flag

Staff is the worst. Never answer on the phone call or message, never help, never send any fax and never put you in any list like MRI or other. Doctor is inattentive, uninterested to the people and their problems, nothing explain and spend for patient less than 10 minutes after months of waiting. Doctor doesn’t have his own neurological hammer and spend your appointment time to search for it in other rooms. You will pay for MRI because they never put you in the line for free MRI and you will wait more than month for the short report.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr Heran was my mother's neurosurgeon. He performed an aneurysm procedure, where he inserted a clip in the brain to keep the artery open. When my mother was in recovery she began hemorrhaging. Dr. Heran was paged a number of times but never replied. Protocol was such that the nurses could not move my mother without the doctor's input. The floor doctor was not available either. My mother suffered horrific brain damage, both the Wernicke and Broca centers were damaged, she's lost the ability to read and write, lost her speech and peripheral vision in both eyes, her reasoning is much compromised and has difficulty understanding basic concepts. Dr Heran was negligent and uncaring, the medical society is of course behind him and we have no recourse. My mother's life has been ruined by this man and there is nothing we can do about it, and nothing the hospital or the medical society is willing to do to make good. It's an immoral, inhuman situation and we have received absolutely no help

Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

Our doctor's office faxed a referral and information to De Heran's office 3 times over a space of three weeks. Dr Heran was also sent copies (twice) of MRIs directly from the hospital. When I called his office after a couple of weeks because we hadn't heard anything and been been worried sick because we were dealing with a brain-issue, the receptionist said they had absolutely no record of my husband or any of the paperwork they had been faxed from both our doctor's office or the hospital. She brushed it off and tried to blame our doctor and the hospital. We have asked for a referral to a different neurosurgeon. This level of incompetence is completely unacceptable.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2013 | flag