Dr. Robert Hustwitt

You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert Hustwitt

Dr. Robert Hustwitt's Ratings

I have been going to Dr. Hustwit since I was about 4. I have been there my entire childhood and now into my adult life. He has been gracious enough to allow me to stay with him as a patient because I enjoy his services and staff so much! Growing up I loved going to the dentist and it was because of this man! He was always very efficient and would make me feel at ease. His staff are great with kids and make the procedure seem less scary.
The only critique I have about Dr. Hustwit would be he is a little bit rough (i.e. pushing down on your jaw, really stretching your lips etc) and I don't think he realizes. Other than the few times I've experienced his rough handling, he has done great work and referred me to other awesome specialists for other work.
A critique on his office would be punctuality. Over all the years I've went there they always seem to be running behind, sometimes to the point I have had to leave my appointment and not even be seen because I would be late for work. I understand appointments may take longer than expected with children especially but I would not to have to wait for a long duration for every appointment I ever make.
All the things aside I still love him as a dentist, and i have beautiful teeth because of him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2781270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

This review is going back a long time. (1980's sometime) I had a very bad experience as a child where this Dr. choked me. I ran out of his room crying and wet my pants. That was my last time in his office thankfully. I'm surprised he is still in practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2657446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

Dr. Hustwitt was my dentist when I was a child, and now he looks after all 3 of my kids. He has a very gentle and calm manner, and is just firm enough with the kids to keep them in line without ever raising his voice. He is a master at what I would call "preventative orthodontics" - he carefully watches as your child's adult teeth start to come in, and he expertly intervenes when necessary to keep things under control. When the time comes for braces, it's treated as the finishing touch in what has been years of careful planning and treatment! My braces were only on for about 10 months, and I still get compliments to this day on my beautiful teeth :) Dr. Hustwitt is amazing!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2606012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Best dentist ever!Both my children love him and trust him - I do, too. Warm and caring, very professional. I watched him work for many years, and I truly admire his professionalism, and his gentle but firm way he can make children cooperate. Friendly and helpful staff, too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][508133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2014

Our 3yr old was referred to Dr. Bob via a sleep dentistry clinic in Kitchener which we were referred to from our Dentist in Guelph. Dr. Bob and his staff were so great with us and prepared us for our little girl's surgery with Dr. Lee at Grand River Hospital (due to asthma). There were a few appointments at the office prior to surgery involving xrays, teeth checks and photos- all of which his staff did very well with our 3yr old. The surgery went super and results are amazing! We saw Dr. Bob for a follow up after the surgery and he was very careful, firm but gentle with our little girl's new teeth that required a bit of sawing down. The office is great with children and was definitely worth the wait and the travel time! Thanks Dr. Bob & staff! We are so pleased we went ahead with the surgery which has boosted our daughter's confidence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][508132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

He is amazing he has been my dentist now since i am 6 and he is gonna be until i am 18. I really couldn't of asked for a better dentist. Seriously its really unfortunate that i only have 4 and a half years left with him. Wish him the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][508131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Awesome dentist. I was terrified of dentists as a kid, and was referred to him after I freaked out at another practice and hid behind the x-ray vests (If the dentist can't see you, neither can the drill. Kid logic...)(This other dentist was actually very good too, I was just that scared of drills). Faced with a kid who'd actually bolt at the sight of a drill, he introduced me to the 'funny nose machine', which does in fact make one's nose look funny. It also relaxed me like you wouldn't believe, because laughing gas is a beautiful thing. The filling very smoothly, and a little part of me was actually disappointed when the whole thing was over, because something about the laughing gas was making the picture on the wall life-changingly fascinating. Still go there to this day, over a decade later. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to, considering I'm 22. I'll have to look into that. But yes, highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][508130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

Dr. Hustwitt is the most outstanding dentist around. I saw him from the ages of 3-18. I was a class 4, and he over time gave me the most amazing smile. I always felt comfortable and safe with him and his staff. My parents were not very well off and he was always willing to help financially to make sure I got the best care possible. I just got married 3 weeks ago, and thanks to him my photo's turned out great. My smile couldn't be missed and I truly thank this man. Needless to say he is getting a thank you card for sure. I couldn't express myself enough saying how amazing this man is at his job and as a person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][508129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

Dr.Bob was fantastic with my daughter. She was 4 and ended up with cavities between her molars. Another dentist said that she would have to be fully put under and would have to have all of her teeth capped with silver caps. Dr. Bob took one look at the x-rays and said that he could fix her teeth without putting her under and without the silver caps. He fixed all of her teeth and you cannot tell that she has had any dental work done. He was kind and patient with my daughter (and she was NERVOUS). We are so thankful for his excellent work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][508128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

My daughter absolutly LOVES going to the dentist! The whole staff is incredible and we have never had a bad experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][508127].votes_count ]]