Dr. Iain Murray

Rate Dr. Iain Murray

Dr. Iain Murray's Ratings

Submitted July 3, 2014 | flag

I was referred by my Cardiologist to Dr Lain Murray a few months ago. I was very nervous about this procedure until I went to consultation session first with Dr Murray. The consultation I had it gave me enough information about the procedure; therefore @ the time of this procedure I knew exactly what will be the steps. I had my Colonoscopy 2 week ago by Dr Murray. Before the Colonoscopy I met 2 nurses that both were very nice and they explained very steps. Dr Murray was so professional, knowing well the procedure. I only remember I woke up very comfortable and was look like nothing happened. When I looked 2 my watch I noticed the procedure was exact the amount of time they promised! Fast, easy and comfortable. It is only 10 days after this process I received a call directly from Dr Murray about the result. Happy ending! I 100 % refer Dr Lain Murray to anyone. Isabelle Dastranj

Submitted May 1, 2013 | flag

I just had a colonoscopy yesterday and cannot say enough positive comments about Dr. Murray and the Intestinal Institute. The staff were wonderful, attentive and very caring. Dr. Murray was very calming, efficient and knowledgeable. He was informative and professional before, during and after the procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Murray and his clinic should you need any of these procedures done.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2013 | flag

As a patient of many years I have found Dr Murray always very professional, informative, and knowledgeable. He is personable, has a good sense of humour. His nursing staff are efficient, capable and thoroughly prepared. Patients are treated with respect and closely monitored post procedure.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2012 | flag

I have seen Dr Murray for 3 times for 2 different types of procedures and have never had a problem. I would rate his attitude and knowledge as first rate and would have no problem seeing him again. His staff are very helpful and friendly.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2012 | flag

Excellent doctor, very professional and helpful. I had a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy. He reassured me about the sedation that I was concerned about and everything went well. I would certainly recommend him

Submitted July 16, 2012 | flag

Does not use enough sedation for colonoscopys. Woke up during the procedure and was aware of pain and what was happening. You are supposed to wake up in Recovery and not be aware of the procedure. Never bothered to discuss what had happened and really got the feeling he couldn't care less. Would never recommend this doctor.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2012 | flag

Woke up before my colonoscopy was finished and was awake enough that I asked for more drugs because of awareness and the pain. Would never return to this Clinic and would not recommend him.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2012 | flag

I've seen Dr. Murray many times over the past 15 years, since he first diagnosed my IBD. He's easy going, funny and professional. I've had multiple colonoscopies (never any fun) and his staff make the procedure as relaxing as possible. The new drug combo he's using as a general anaesthetic puts you out quickly and allows you to recover quickly. I felt nothing during the procedure, and I was carrying on a conversation (perhaps somewhat drug-addled, but in my mind coherent) 10 minutes after he finished. As someone who sees a lot of him, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his services.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag

After meeting with this specialist - and I'll use the term loosely - I have a sneaky suspicion that all the wonderful comments were placed there by patients who don't exist. This guy has the bedside manner of a bedpan...cold and shallow when it comes to gastric problems. He blew off my symptoms, telling me I should expect things like this as I'm "over 40", and was not really interested in pursuing my concerns. He went so far as to say it was anxiety, or some such nonsense. Now because of his negligence, I can't eat solid food and am in severe abdominal, esophageal, and throat pain, to the point I'm hoarse chronically. Ya..over 40..great diagnosis with no testing. Patients beware!!!

Submitted July 11, 2011 | flag