Rate Dr. John H. Bissell

Dr. John H. Bissell's Ratings

I would not reccommed this Dr and we did not even go to our appointment. Waited 2 months for an appointment and 90 mins before our scheduled appointment the very rude office person Linda stated they would not see us because they were having problems with tricare billing not even related to us. Even though I have a letter stating I am authorized care through active duty tricare without an authorization number and their office accepts Tricare. They refused to treat us while acknowledging they were well aware of the valid authorization. Clearly based on this comment and the others on this site, this Dr's office is only focused on money and not the needs of any patient. Will report this Dr to every available outlet. This Dr does not support its military members in my opinion. STAY AWAY!!

Submitted Aug. 19, 2013 | flag

This Dr. is very unfriendly, apathetic, rude, poor bed side manor, just like his staff. This man shouldn't practice medicine at ALL! Made me feel like a junky off the street, when I have a serious medical condition. Would NOT recommend him at all. Seek another physician if at all possible. Never have I experienced such hostility and an unpleasant visit with any Dr. EVER!

Submitted Dec. 7, 2011 | flag

Submitted April 5, 2011 | flag

This Dr is very rude! has no compassion or bed side manor. He made me feel like I was faking my illness. How a Dr like this stays in buisness is beyond me. All this after an hour and a half wait just to see him.

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag

Dr. Bissel was very rude, showed no compassion ,talked in a very monotone voice, was condescending and cold/ uncaring

Submitted Aug. 17, 2010 | flag

After just one visit, accompanied by my spouse, to get some relief from excruciating sacro-illiac pain, he kept trying to catch me in a lie, like I was going to sell his drugs on the street! A DoD worker with a high level clearance, anything of the sort is abhorrent to me. I just needed a simple injection(one I had gotten before from a previous doctor)and after 1 and 1/2 hours of being GRILLED this subhuman, he decided he would give me Vicodin. I became upset, telling him in no uncertain terms where here could put his Vicodin as I had some at home and also Oxycontin and Morphine! I truly think he didn't know HOW to treat someone with a shot for sciatica or sacrum pain. A complete jerk and too rude and stupid to be practicing medicine.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2010 | flag

This guy is a real jerk do not go to him. He thinks he is GOD!!!

Submitted Feb. 3, 2010 | flag

Coldest,uncaring, puts words in your mouth,does not understand pain at all, we know our bodies,don't bother trying to explain what is wrong w/ you, no matter how serious, even w/ your past records mean nothing to him at all. seems to think everyone is out to screw the system,loves to use hypathectical situations that make no sense, very very crude,nasty attitude, very condensending he really should not be a doctor, not even a vet.he definatley has a underlying problem.I went to him 3 times,disabled for over 15 years (spine) he has my past medical records and just ignore them, he can't understand why I can't do back flips etc.It really is a shame that he is allowed to practice and get away treating patience like we are all liars, no understanding.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2009 | flag

He has no idea about pain,arrogant, puts words in your mouth, has no idea extent of patients pain, does not even try to understand when u tell him that u try so hard to function even w/ pain, proof in records.. seems to feel everyone is a phoney,when he knows NOTHING or even cares how one suffers, if he had his way he would have a cripple/or no legs patient,try and do backflips,gets attitude if/when you can't because of sEVERe pain for over 20 years.He is the worst Doc, i have ever dealt with, No manners,never mind no bedside manners,he never ever should be any sort of a Doctor.and should try and walk in patients shoes and feel/know the suffering, no compassion at all,he feels he knows better than any other doc a patient has/had,contradicts any other doc you may have seen. I call him Dr. Wonderful... he SUX.. as a person and most of all as A Doctor.I will never return.. ever and I suggest no one else should who is suffering as I am.Please believe me, its a pity he is allowed to even look at a patient.

Submitted July 30, 2009 | flag

was not knowledgeable about my disease but didn't want to make himself more knowledgeable. When I was referred to him because my Dr left the state he said he would maintain my medications but would not increase or change them. I asked him for a plan, a treatment plan in order for us to have goals to achieve and if those are not achieved what we would do next he said he wouldn't have a treatment plan for me. That basically I would just come in, see him on occasion, he would refill my meds but did not want to hear my concerns about possibly changing my meds, increasing meds, or treatment plan to try and better stabilize my condition. Also came across with the god complex, know it all not willing to listen to others that might be able to provide information.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2008 | flag