Rate Dr. John H. Bissell

Dr. John H. Bissell's Ratings

first lets start with the front staff, they are unprofessional,lazy, uneducated and down right rude. management clearly has no managerial skills, she is a medical assistant who thinks she knows everything and cant even control her front office staff. as for the doctors, I WOULD NOT recommend them to anyone. there is the main doctor who is rude, egotistical, never on time, he never listens to you. He always treats everyone like a drug seeker. The PA treats people like they are all stupid. does NOT listen to you at all. he makes things up as he goes. You get stuck with him after the first visit with the actual doctor, he always rushes you out the door. He makes you feel unworthy of his presence. find another doctor, NOT military friendly. wont let family members in with you so that they can treat you like your an idiot,,, and lie about everything when confronted!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551119].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I would not reccommed this Dr and we did not even go to our appointment. Waited 2 months for an appointment and 90 mins before our scheduled appointment the very rude office person Linda stated they would not see us because they were having problems with tricare billing not even related to us. Even though I have a letter stating I am authorized care through active duty tricare without an authorization number and their office accepts Tricare. They refused to treat us while acknowledging they were well aware of the valid authorization. Clearly based on this comment and the others on this site, this Dr's office is only focused on money and not the needs of any patient. Will report this Dr to every available outlet. This Dr does not support its military members in my opinion. STAY AWAY!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][512568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2013

This Dr. is very unfriendly, apathetic, rude, poor bed side manor, just like his staff. This man shouldn't practice medicine at ALL! Made me feel like a junky off the street, when I have a serious medical condition. Would NOT recommend him at all. Seek another physician if at all possible. Never have I experienced such hostility and an unpleasant visit with any Dr. EVER!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][512567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][512569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

This Dr is very rude! has no compassion or bed side manor. He made me feel like I was faking my illness. How a Dr like this stays in buisness is beyond me. All this after an hour and a half wait just to see him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][512566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Bissel was very rude, showed no compassion ,talked in a very monotone voice, was condescending and cold/ uncaring

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][512565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2010

After just one visit, accompanied by my spouse, to get some relief from excruciating sacro-illiac pain, he kept trying to catch me in a lie, like I was going to sell his drugs on the street! A DoD worker with a high level clearance, anything of the sort is abhorrent to me. I just needed a simple injection(one I had gotten before from a previous doctor)and after 1 and 1/2 hours of being GRILLED this subhuman, he decided he would give me Vicodin. I became upset, telling him in no uncertain terms where here could put his Vicodin as I had some at home and also Oxycontin and Morphine! I truly think he didn't know HOW to treat someone with a shot for sciatica or sacrum pain. A complete jerk and too rude and stupid to be practicing medicine.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][512564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2010

This guy is a real jerk do not go to him. He thinks he is GOD!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][512563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2010

Coldest,uncaring, puts words in your mouth,does not understand pain at all, we know our bodies,don't bother trying to explain what is wrong w/ you, no matter how serious, even w/ your past records mean nothing to him at all. seems to think everyone is out to screw the system,loves to use hypathectical situations that make no sense, very very crude,nasty attitude, very condensending he really should not be a doctor, not even a vet.he definatley has a underlying problem.I went to him 3 times,disabled for over 15 years (spine) he has my past medical records and just ignore them, he can't understand why I can't do back flips etc.It really is a shame that he is allowed to practice and get away treating patience like we are all liars, no understanding.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][512562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2009

He has no idea about pain,arrogant, puts words in your mouth, has no idea extent of patients pain, does not even try to understand when u tell him that u try so hard to function even w/ pain, proof in records.. seems to feel everyone is a phoney,when he knows NOTHING or even cares how one suffers, if he had his way he would have a cripple/or no legs patient,try and do backflips,gets attitude if/when you can't because of sEVERe pain for over 20 years.He is the worst Doc, i have ever dealt with, No manners,never mind no bedside manners,he never ever should be any sort of a Doctor.and should try and walk in patients shoes and feel/know the suffering, no compassion at all,he feels he knows better than any other doc a patient has/had,contradicts any other doc you may have seen. I call him Dr. Wonderful... he SUX.. as a person and most of all as A Doctor.I will never return.. ever and I suggest no one else should who is suffering as I am.Please believe me, its a pity he is allowed to even look at a patient.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][512561].votes_count ]]