Rate Dr. Karen Barlow

Dr. Karen Barlow's Ratings

There is no rating high enough for Dr.Barlow. My daughter was 8 months old when she started having unexplained seizures, and we were referred to Dr.Barlow, not only did she explore every possible cause but she also took the time to listen and show concern for me ( a very scared stressed out young mom, that other doctors brushed off as being hysterical). Dr.Barlow is a god send.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1253392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2012

Dr. Karen Barlow is an AMAZING person! Her follow up care for my son was incredible. She went into details explaining all possibilities. She was kind and caring. She treated my son like a person and not another patient. I am so thankful for the care she and her staff provided not only for my son but our entire family! The Alberta Children's Hospital is a very special place. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1253391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

Dr.Barlow and her staff at the Children's in Calgary are soo great. We come from BC just to see her. Her front desk staff are always helpful and friendly, the nurses are very caring. Dr.Barlow is great. I would HIGHLY reccomend her to anyone with their children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1253390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

Dr. Barlow is wonderful, we have known her for 5 years now since my daughter develop encephalitis and seizures, she has been very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1253389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Dr. Barlow is one of the most helpfull doctors we have encountered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1253388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2010

Apparently Dr. Barlow is not consistent in her care as we have not experienced what the previous posters have. Dr. Barlow seems very quick to medicate instead of investigate. Label instead of explain. She has continually brushed off concerns we have about our daughter. I would not recommend her if you want more than a bandaid solution!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1253387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2009

My son sees Dr Barlow and she is amazing, she spends all of the time you need and will re-explain things if you don't understand. She has come in early to see my son, and would schedule weekly follow-up until his condition stabilized. I would recommend her to anyone. She doesn't speak down to the kids and gives them an opportunity to ask questions and takes the time for them to understand what is happening with them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1253386].votes_count ]]