Rate Dr. Jeffrey W. Milsom

Dr. Jeffrey W. Milsom's Ratings

Dr Milsom is the best surgeon in the world!he is smart, caring, patient, gifted and has a big heart!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2166006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Dr. Milsom has performed two major surgeries on me in the last year and was following me for a couple of years prior to the surgeries. Although the operations and recovery have not been easy, they have been considered successful aside from a few bumps along the way that are totally unrelated to his surgical expertise. I have complete trust in his surgical skills and experience, his diagnosis, his treatment plans and I always leave his office with hope. He is a top expert in his field, has a very calm demeanor, is exceptionally patient and cares deeply about his patients and their well being. He is the blueprint for what all surgeons should aspire to be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2166005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

Im in my early 30's and I'm disabled for the rest of my life becasue of Dr. Milsom & he could care less. Because he damaged a nerve in my pelvis I am no longer able to have sex or have children. I had a fast paced great career that I lost due to the fact that I'm in constant pain. Its been a year since he did this to me and he has not called me once to even check up on me. he is over booked and thinks hes a god. What should have been an overnight surgery ended me up with a damaged nerve and a hole in my colon so at 30 yrs old I had a ileostomy! Which means I had to poop though a bag on my stomach. This should have been a simple 123 easy breezy surgey. But he is so geedy he didnt take me into the operating room till 3am!! and he was probablt exhausted when he made his mistake. Now im disabled, never 2 have sex again or children or work & he gets $30,000 of my hard earned money. Dont listen to the hype, hes a arragent **** who knows nothing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2166007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2011

Dr. Milsom is amazing. His surgical skill,patience, knowledge and bedside manner are the absolute best. After 25 years of suffering from Ulcerative Colitis, I just had step 1 jpouch surgery with him and all went exactly as planned with no real bumps in the road other than some pain from recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2166004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

There's nobody like Dr. Milsom! He's the most genuine, concerned & knowledgeable doctor I've ever had. After 4 years of enduring internal pain & trauma from a previous surgeon's 3 internal medical errors; then another set of surgeons that did little to correct them- It was Dr. Milsom who saved my life. With the utmost medical concern & bedside manner, he made sure I received the utmost surgical treatment & nursing care while in the hospital, along w/an attentive office staff. He listens intently to you, believes you, assesses & explains everything to you, giving the time required of him to understand you & your condition. He truly does everything in his power to ensure his patients receive the best possible treatment available, w/ respect, kindness, & making you always the priority. Due to multiple conditions, every surgeon involved in my care via Dr. Milsom was the best, securing the success of my final recovery-that's how much he cares. An amazing man & definitely my HERO! thxdrm<3LF

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2166003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2011

about three years ago dr milsom saved my life. i was diagnosed with colon cancer at 40 years old and he performed colon surgery on my colon laparoscopically easily and i was home in three days eating perfectly. hands down sweet compassionate caring and he knows his stuff. you gotta wait and he doesnt take insurance but hes defintely worth the wait. remember all good things come to those who wait. ilove him!!!!!!!! love you jeffrey!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2166002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2010

clearly the best in his field in nyc area _ fees are a problem because he does not take insurance and charges more than most

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2166001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2010

I had this doc perform hemorrhoid surgery on me a few years ago. He left me with problems that I then had to have fixed by another doctor. He staff was unresponsive to my needs and the doctor himself kept telling me it will get better, but never did until I went elsewhere. Also, the guy can't really see well so if he looks at a problem, I often wondered if he was really seeing it, cause when I went to another doctor for a 2nd opinion on why I was not healing that doctor said, oh here is the problem, you have a 'track' here and there... If Milsom could see well, he'd have seen the problem immediately when I complained about it. I think he took my case for the sake of bililng and collecting from my insurance carrier versus really know how to do a hemmorrhoidectomy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2166000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

I found Dr. Milsom through my own research after I was told by my GI doc I needed a colectomy for dysplasia which was determined by my GI doc's pathologists. I have had chronic ulcerative colitis for 20 years. Dr. Milsom is brilliant. He is exceptionally conscientious and is always looking out for his patient's best interest. I am surrently under surveillance with him and no other surgeon will ever operate on me other than him if it is determined I need a colectomy in the future. He is compassionate and caring and his demeanor and reputation are second to none. You are guaranteed to be in the best of hands if he is caring for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2165999].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2009

Dr. Milsom was Godsent. He helped my sister when a Dr. in PA told her she had to live with her problem & nothing could be done for her. Dr. Milsom was wonderful. He saved her life. He is a wonderful surgeon with so much compassion for the human race. I can not say enough about this wonderful Dr. Without him I would not have my sister today. His office staf was absolutely wonderful, they fit her in when she came to NY. Dr. Milsoms understudies were absolutely wonderful as well. They all made us feel comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2165998].votes_count ]]