Rate Dr. Stewart Adams

Dr. Stewart Adams's Ratings

Dr Adams spent two minutes examining me and declared every spot was eczema Proscribed something I told he I reacted to and said "I'll see you in a year".

The focus of his practise has changed form one of helping beople with skin disorders to one of refining beauty. Can't really blame him - aging boomers wanting to stay young looking would bring in more money than helping someone out surviving day to day with eczema.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2630978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Adams for about 15 years. He used to take the time and make a patient feel like he was concerned. Once he moved to Market Mall, his whole demeanor changed. He is arrogant and impatient, his staff are constantly on the phone and rude to customers, although his nurse is fantastic. The past few years since he opened the Skin Institute, I've felt like he is not at all interested in performing my annual skin check, and instead tries to upsell me some procedure or other. I'm not interested in looking like a celebrity. I want to make sure I don't follow in my family's footsteps and get skin cancer. I'm seeing a new dermatologist tomorrow.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2630772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I am Extremely not impressed with Dr. Adams. I would feel like just a number! I saw him for facial peels and othe acne cream! I also had some spider veins on my face in which he treated; and later found out from another way better doctor (Kent Remmington) that the peels he was doing and the acne cream he was giving me caused more spider veins. So he was causing more damage than anything. I would highly suggest not seeing him. I don't even want to give him one star but can't save the field unless I do!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Adams for about 10 years. In every visit he has been punctual, professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I am confident I am getting the best advice and treatment available. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

excellent visit had all my issues dealt with very professional

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Adams when by last Dermotologist, when he retired years age. I was told Dr. Adams was the right kind of doctor. I have been with him quite a few years now and find him to nothing but outstanding. I feel I am listened to at all times,treated with care and compassion and extremely well cared for. The staff have always helped me with scheduling and processing when I arrive since I live out of town. Liz was a remarkable nurse assistant. The key to a good relationship with any Doctor is often to be prepared when you arrive, with good questions. Have a positive attitude, even with a chronic condition such as I have . I have found courtesy and respect work both ways and create a productive relationship.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2563542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

After 30 years of deteriorating health and misdiagnosis costing our health care system hundreds of thousands of dollars, I had the good fortune to meet Dr. Stewart Adams. At last I am on my way to greatly improved health. In 2011 with lesions on my body and samples of 'things' coming out of my skin I was seen by a Calgary dermatologist. He spent all of 7 minutes with me and informed my GP I was delusional. When my GP asked, I agreed to admit myself to a psychiatrist facility where without my permission I was prescribed anti-psychotic drugs. Four weeks passed and I checked myself out. Two or so years later I was referred to Dr. Adams. With my appreciation he took the time to listen to my 'lengthy' medical history. Most important Dr. Adams was aware of published peer reviewed research by Calgary Microbiologist Marianne Middelveen. He put me in contact with her. Although I had to go to the USA to have my blood tested I now know I have Chronic LYME disease (Borelliaosis). As for my skin, I have MORGELLONS--a manifestation of deep seated Chronic Lyme.
In her breakthrough medical research, Marianne Middelveen acknowledges the contribution of Dr. Stewart Adams. I don't hesitate to say they both helped save my life.
Elaine Husband, Calgary

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I have known Dr. Adams for about 20 years. After being diagnosed with an autoimmune condition as a young girl and consulting with many dermatologists, Dr. Adams and his nurse Liz, were the only ones that were compassionate and patient with myself and my family. They have been instrumental in helping me accept my condition and keep me abreast of new medical developments. Words cannot express how grateful I am for Dr. Adams and I continue to receive excellent care from him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Dr. Adams is such an excellent physician. I am a Registered Nurse and worked with alot of physicians but Dr. Adams is one of the best in his field. He is understanding and makes sure he gives the best care as much as possible. I would really recommend this physician to all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

I have seen Dr. Adams twice now in Calgary and both times I felt like I was the most unimportant thing in his day. He doesn't listen to your concerns, he spends a total of 5 minutes with you and rushes you out the door without a solution to your problem. All this after waiting 6 months for an appointment. Highly disappointed and would not recommend this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516698].votes_count ]]