You may also like

Rate Dr. Shon W. Cook

Dr. Shon W. Cook's Ratings

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Cook. His bedside manner is a little unorthodox, spent a lot of my initial appointment typing on his computer, but explained he needed to include very specific language to ensure the insurance company would understand the urgency of my surgery. I had a fusion in my lower spine and he discussed what I could expect before and after surgery. My recovery was much quicker than expected, mainly because I followed his instructions to the T. Since the surgery, my life has completely changed. I'm pain free and have resumed an active life. Many thanks Dr. Cook.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

My name is Matthew, and im so very fortunate to have had my L4 through S1 fused by Dr. Shon Cook. I have lived with back pain for over 12yrs proceeded by pain that began to be debilitating. First and foremost I could never thank Dr. Cook enough for his ability to understand me not only as a patient but as a person. He just simply had that rare "Human" factor that a lot of us in hindsight look for in people and sometimes when found we realize they leave us thinking genuinely about them. This was my big finale following years of pain that allowed me to slow down and realize I could finally catch my breath. His knowledge was outstanding, and took a bedside manner which allowed me to take a deep breath and share my story. Prior to my consultation with Dr. Cook my family and I reserved ourselves to countless hours of research looking for a Neurosurgeon that fit the description that of Dr. Shon Cook. Dr. Cook is nothing short of a miracle among many lives every day. And believe me when I say he has the most driven fantastic team by his side, from his P.A. Dustin Tims, who was also a vital part of my surgery, to Misty who was a heck of a go-get-her when it came down to handling all my paperwork and complications I had with my insurance company following my initial denial of surgery. They fought for me in ways one would for there own family. I am forever grateful. I have yet been able to construe into words how this experience and care given by Dr. Cook and his team has literally restored a spot in my life and heart.  And this review is just not enough but its the least I could do in recognition for him and his team, but also give back to any readers that may follow. Simply put.....I have a really great ending because of a really fantastic Doctor. Sometimes the best decisions are not only the ones made based on all the information given to us, they sometimes are made in moments we receive a feeling about something. And with Dr. Cook I received the blessings of both. In Dr. Cooks office the day of my consultation i knew that I was in front of the person that was going to change my life. He made it very clear to me in not only by his opinions of the condition of my back, but in the person I was seeing that was on the other end of my story as I told it. Sometimes the world needs to be told about those that are changing it. A deep felt Thank You! To you Dr. Cook and your team!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2726047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I felt very disrespected by Dr. Cook after going to his office. I heard him saying nasty things about another patient on the other side of the door before coming in to address my problem. I have been going to many doctors to figure out the issues with my back and it is a very hard for me and my family since we cannot find a solution. We were recommended to Dr. Cook as an option and he treated us like a waste of his time since surgery is not the answer. I am sure he is great in surgery which is luckily not the solution for my problem but he has terrible bedside manner. I normally do not post reviews but I felt it was necessary to warn others about this poor attitude of Dr. Cook.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2638981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

The staff was extremely rude. The P.A. is okay. I am still in pain after my surgery on my neck. Always beware of docs that want to perform surgery right off the bat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

I felt well informed about the procedure and confident in his surgical ability. I had no complications afterward. I was impressed that he phoned me the following weekend to check on how I was doing. Someone from the surgical center called also and I was asked to fill out and mail back a questionnaire awhile after the surgery. I had a good experience and would recommend this doctor to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

What a blessing!! My mother had a stroke last year. We where extremely fortunate that Dr. Cook was on call at SW Medical in OKC when she arrived at the hospital. Dr. Cook cancelled his clinic and rushed to the hospital to check on her status. As soon as the doctor arrived and saw mom she "crashed" again and he immediately sent word to get the OR ready. He performed a craniotomy to relieve the pressure on her brain. Mom is nearly a year post op and is able to walk and function fairly well. It was a blessing that Dr. Cook was has the skills and training to react as quickly as he did to save her. He definitely saved her life that day. I also know of some friends that have had treatments or surgery from Dr. Cook and have also had excellent results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Best doctor ever! Gave multiple options for surgery and was realistic in my expectations for surgery. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr. Cook is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to anyone. He saved my husband's life three times with brain surgery and found the solution that other doctors couldn't with my back pain. God bless Dr. Cook

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

The staff was wonderful and so helpful. We had several bumps and they worked with us

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

After speaking with Dr. Cook, sudden and unexpected brain surgery was scheduled in 3 weeks. After speaking with him, my family and I were completely at ease. I was never scared. Had complete confidence that the surgery would go perfectly. It did. I only took 1 week off work, had very little discomfort and returned to normal activities, even back to the gym within 3 weeks following a Craniotomy. I wish everyone concerned about me would have had the opportunity to visit with him as they were far more worried than I was. Unbelieveable experience, Dr. and Staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526577].votes_count ]]