Rate Dr. Shon W. Cook

Dr. Shon W. Cook's Ratings

I felt very disrespected by Dr. Cook after going to his office. I heard him saying nasty things about another patient on the other side of the door before coming in to address my problem. I have been going to many doctors to figure out the issues with my back and it is a very hard for me and my family since we cannot find a solution. We were recommended to Dr. Cook as an option and he treated us like a waste of his time since surgery is not the answer. I am sure he is great in surgery which is luckily not the solution for my problem but he has terrible bedside manner. I normally do not post reviews but I felt it was necessary to warn others about this poor attitude of Dr. Cook.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

The staff was extremely rude. The P.A. is okay. I am still in pain after my surgery on my neck. Always beware of docs that want to perform surgery right off the bat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

I felt well informed about the procedure and confident in his surgical ability. I had no complications afterward. I was impressed that he phoned me the following weekend to check on how I was doing. Someone from the surgical center called also and I was asked to fill out and mail back a questionnaire awhile after the surgery. I had a good experience and would recommend this doctor to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

What a blessing!! My mother had a stroke last year. We where extremely fortunate that Dr. Cook was on call at SW Medical in OKC when she arrived at the hospital. Dr. Cook cancelled his clinic and rushed to the hospital to check on her status. As soon as the doctor arrived and saw mom she "crashed" again and he immediately sent word to get the OR ready. He performed a craniotomy to relieve the pressure on her brain. Mom is nearly a year post op and is able to walk and function fairly well. It was a blessing that Dr. Cook was has the skills and training to react as quickly as he did to save her. He definitely saved her life that day. I also know of some friends that have had treatments or surgery from Dr. Cook and have also had excellent results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Best doctor ever! Gave multiple options for surgery and was realistic in my expectations for surgery. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr. Cook is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to anyone. He saved my husband's life three times with brain surgery and found the solution that other doctors couldn't with my back pain. God bless Dr. Cook

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

The staff was wonderful and so helpful. We had several bumps and they worked with us

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

After speaking with Dr. Cook, sudden and unexpected brain surgery was scheduled in 3 weeks. After speaking with him, my family and I were completely at ease. I was never scared. Had complete confidence that the surgery would go perfectly. It did. I only took 1 week off work, had very little discomfort and returned to normal activities, even back to the gym within 3 weeks following a Craniotomy. I wish everyone concerned about me would have had the opportunity to visit with him as they were far more worried than I was. Unbelieveable experience, Dr. and Staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Shon Cook and his staff are wonderful! Having been through 2 brain surgeries, (one for a colloid cyst removal, & the other to move a vein off of a nerve that caused twitching), I feel that I know them well. He and His staff are all most professional, caring, and knowledgeable. I have and will continue to tell everyone I know that they are the "Best of the best". Dr. Cook and his staff spent time with me explaining the procedures, making sure I was comfortable with each process. Believe me, I made a few nervous calls. Each time I spoke with someone~ either Misty, or even Dr. Cook himself, (who sometimes had to call me back). My questions were always answered. His bedside manner was both caring and reassuring. When contemplating a second surgery, I looked no further. I had FULL confidence in his ability!! Dr. Cook knows his stuff, He actually helped design the tool he uses for endoscopic brain surgery. Cool, Huh? I strongly feel like he was Heaven sent... Our God is Good!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

I am more than incredibly impressed with Dr. Cook and his office. The office staff is the best I have ever worked with, Dr. Cook was able to figure out how to fix my problem when in 4 years no one else could and his PT prayed with myself and my family which told me they appreciated thay what they were doing was life changing for my family and me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526575].votes_count ]]