Dr. Eve Chung Tsai

Dr. Eve Chung Tsai

Rate Dr. Eve Chung Tsai

Dr. Eve Chung Tsai's Ratings

A six month waiting period has become over two and a half years! And I still wait

Submitted June 24, 2014 | flag

After suffering for years with severe pain and numbness in my legs and feet and not being able to walk more than a few feet before having to bend forward to relieve the pressure and pain, I was referred to Dr. Tsai after speaking to a co-worker. I saw her on March 27, 2013 and was in the OR on April 9, 2013!! She was expecting and wouldn't be around for much longer than that. My consultation was lengthy and informative - she knows her stuff but the final decision was mine to make. I had severe osteo-spinal stenosis and during a 4 hours surgery had L2-L6 shaved, spinal column scraped and 4th disc removed (would cause problems down the road). Initial recovery was difficult but I was back to work within 2 months and today feel amazing. I went to her for help and she delivered - outstanding!! She has an amazing team and she is truly gifted in what she does best which is fix people. Sun shines, sky is blue, grass is green ... again! I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Submitted April 23, 2014 | flag

Doctor was very good the first visit. The second time she was pulled away a couple of times. Still amazed at how good this doctor is.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

I have no doubt that Dr. Tsai is a highly educated and skillful neurosurgeon however she sorely lacks social and verbal skills so necessary in her profession. After a three hour wait her rapid fire cross examination only served to raise my anxiety level. She showed little concern for my chronic pain and the complete experience was a waste of time.

Submitted March 21, 2013 | flag

My mother went to her for back surgery and ended up having to have it done for a second time because there was nerve damage during surgery. She had to stay in the hospital for rehab for four months. She's in worse shape than before the surgery has nerve damage and has to use a walker now and has a perminant cathiter.

Submitted March 8, 2013 | flag

Very successful spinal column operation and follow up. Couldn't ask for any better or be any luckier than have Dr. Tsai as my surgeon.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

First, she refused to help me despite my two tumors and pain. Then she suggested me to get help from the Internet. I told her I got more pain when I tried to get help from the Net. She told me to continue. Considering some other facts, I would say Dr. Tsai does not deserve to be called a Canadian doctor.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2012 | flag

This surgeon is a true genius. Although you always wait to see her, remember that she gets pulled away from clinic often as she gets called to emergency OR. She's worth the wait. You should expect having your appointments and surgery postponed too. Once you do see her, she will inform you of what is happening, very matter-of-fact. Meet her with thick skin because she severely lacks sensitivity and acts like she doesn't really care that you are in pain. She will cut you off when she asks you questions about every 5 seconds too. Expect her to be rude. She is more personable in the OR than in Clinic. Still very much worth seeing. I can walk again and have my life back because of her. You just can't dislike her in the end. She is the absolute best with a scalpel. Internet search her as she is very accomplished for someone that young. Very few top female neurosurgeons around. She does smile.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2012 | flag

This doctor deserves a 10! ALL her skills are outstanding. She is knowledgeable, smart, caring, listens and delivers amazing results! Lucky to have her in Ottawa! I would definitely recommend her!

Submitted Sept. 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Tsai diagnosed my spinal cord tumor. She very clearly explained all the risks and potential deficits from the proposed surgery. Despite the difficult placement of my tumor, she preserved all of my function and I was back at work in 5 weeks after 3 years of agony. Is she chummy - no, but she is professional, knowledgable and clearly committed to making a difference for her patients. She follows up frequently and seems a happy as I am when my annual MRi comes back clean. She is frequently drawn away with emergencies, so she is seldom on time, but I know that it is worth the wait to be in world-class hands like hers. I cannot recommend her enough. Her goal is to fix the spinal cord so that paralyzed people can someday walk - a worthy goal that I am proud to have a tiny part in.

Submitted June 6, 2012 | flag