Rate Dr. William R. Jeter

Dr. William R. Jeter's Ratings

If you need help with anxiety, stay away from this place. Lourdes, Dr. Jeter's assistant, will cause you panic attacks. She is rude, unprofessional, disrespectful and has no compassion for the patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2626191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Jeter's for several years. The treatment has always been excellent. No complaints about Dr. Jeter at all. His staff is absolutely horrible though. Specifically, his assistant Lourdes. She is rude, unprofessional, and (seems) uneducated. On three different occasions she became belligerent with me over the phone. Each time was due to misunderstandings caused by the practice's grossly incompetent staff. I brought my concerns to the attention of the office manager, Alex Sipion, who advised me that Lourdes was adhering to the policies and procedures of the practice and had done nothing wrong. In the end I decided that I could not continue my treatment at a practice that allows staff to treat patients disrespectfully. It is unfortunate, because Dr. Jeter is a great psychiatrist, but overall I would warn all potential patients to avoid this practice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2571830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Disappointed I am not able to actually comment on how helpful and knowledgeable Dr. Jeter was (although I was required to rate him on those qualities in order to leave this review ) but I am new to the area and contacted his office to make an appt. I left four messages over the course of a week and a half and was told each time that his assistant was busy but would get back with me ASAP. When she FINALLY called me back and took my PERSONAL information, I was contacted after a couple of hours and was told he would not take me. When I asked if there was a particular reason his assistant told me no -- it wasn't a matter of insurance... He just decided not to "take my case." He has never met nor spoken to me....therefore, he couldnt possibly have any idea what my "case" even is! This was completely unprofessional and a total waste of my time. I can't imagine I would have benefitted from a dr. or staff who gives the impression of being so inconsiderate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

After researching psychiatrists in the area, my son made an appointment to see Dr. Jeter. I asked the staff prior to his making the appointment to verify that his insurance would be accepted. They confirmed it with me that very day. When I asked if my son would see Dr. Jeter, they said he doesn't necessarily see every patient who makes an appointment, but he would see my son. We waited for weeks for the appointment and today my son walked into Dr. Jeter's office only to be told that his insurance was not accepted. And to make it worse, he was told they never confirmed the insurance with me in advance and virtually said that I lied about it. No sooner had he driven home than his bank account was charged $100 for a missed appointment. On the APG website it says "Compassion, Concern, and Respect". There was not an ounce of any of those three in the interaction with my son today. After weeks of waiting to see Dr. Jeter we are now forced to start our search all over again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2366343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Jeter is wonderful. He is a breath of fresh air after dealing with other Doctors who were mediocre at best. The wait time is usually bearable, but sometimes very quick. I saw some of the older comments remarking about his old assistant, well his new assistant, Lourdes is a nightmare! Luckily I don't have to deal with her very often, but when I do my blood pressure goes up within 30 seconds of speaking with her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2366342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Jeter is wonderful. I can't say enough good things about him. He is very caring, gives you plenty of time, and is very good at determining what medication(s) might be helpful for a particular patients. Even though he gives plenty of time to patients, he still keeps the conversation on track and is respectful of other people's time. Generally I have not had to wait too long, especially if my appointment is very early in the day. He remembers what you talked about, he has a sense of humor, he is a very good listener. I am very impressed and would recommend him to absolutely anyone. He is fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][530668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2013

Dr. Jeter turned my child's life around. He is knowledgeable, caring, compassionate, and shares with his patients the belief that life will get better then helps them get there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][530667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2012

My first time and visit with Dr. Jeter today. What a breath of fresh air to his profession. He was a great listener and made me feel comfortable and part of the solution. I read many reviews below about Sandra but with me she was wonderful, on the phone and in person. How many people ask you if you need assistance to come to the office? just for that she got a box of chocolate ;-). I highly recommend Dr. Jeter and yes it is hard to get an appointment anywhere with a psychiatrist in town but he is worth waiting for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][530666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

I was a regular patient of Dr. Jeters for about 2.5 years now. I still have monthly visits to the same practice, but not with him. I was abruptly switched to an RN, with the excuse of Dr. Jeter no longer accepting my health insurance. Keep in mind, I still have monthly appointments at the same practice, but not with him. I understand that I may be less dependant on the counseling, but at least be professional about it, and tell me the truth. I was transferred to another counselor, and no chance to tell Dr. Jeter thank you. He has helped me advance tremendously over the past 2-3 years, but now I'm thinking that the practice he's associated with is totally money hungry. I do plan on searching for a more respectable practice, but I'm also a master of procrastination...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][530665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2012

Talking with Dr Jeter was like talking to my doctor, brother and best friend all rolled into one. I'm not sure how he does it, but you really get a sense that you are the most important person in the world to him while in his office. I've waited at times up to 15 minutes for my appointment, but on a day I really needed him, he spent an extra 15 minutes with me. I've never felt rushed, always given time for questions and answers and it's clear that Dr Jeter makes your understanding of your illness and treatment options a priority. At others doctors offices I've been to, I have felt talked down to or felt my treatment came as a series of "orders". Not with Dr Jeter. As he has said to me, my opinions and input are every bit as important as his own. Leaving Dr Jeters office, you really get a sense that you entered into a partnership. I can't recommend Dr Jeter highly enough. Truly one of a kind and someone I trust with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][530664].votes_count ]]