Rate Dr. William R. Jeter

Dr. William R. Jeter's Ratings

After researching psychiatrists in the area, my son made an appointment to see Dr. Jeter. I asked the staff prior to his making the appointment to verify that his insurance would be accepted. They confirmed it with me that very day. When I asked if my son would see Dr. Jeter, they said he doesn't necessarily see every patient who makes an appointment, but he would see my son. We waited for weeks for the appointment and today my son walked into Dr. Jeter's office only to be told that his insurance was not accepted. And to make it worse, he was told they never confirmed the insurance with me in advance and virtually said that I lied about it. No sooner had he driven home than his bank account was charged $100 for a missed appointment. On the APG website it says "Compassion, Concern, and Respect". There was not an ounce of any of those three in the interaction with my son today. After weeks of waiting to see Dr. Jeter we are now forced to start our search all over again!

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Jeter is wonderful. He is a breath of fresh air after dealing with other Doctors who were mediocre at best. The wait time is usually bearable, but sometimes very quick. I saw some of the older comments remarking about his old assistant, well his new assistant, Lourdes is a nightmare! Luckily I don't have to deal with her very often, but when I do my blood pressure goes up within 30 seconds of speaking with her.

Submitted May 21, 2014 | flag

Dr. Jeter is wonderful. I can't say enough good things about him. He is very caring, gives you plenty of time, and is very good at determining what medication(s) might be helpful for a particular patients. Even though he gives plenty of time to patients, he still keeps the conversation on track and is respectful of other people's time. Generally I have not had to wait too long, especially if my appointment is very early in the day. He remembers what you talked about, he has a sense of humor, he is a very good listener. I am very impressed and would recommend him to absolutely anyone. He is fantastic.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2013 | flag

Dr. Jeter turned my child's life around. He is knowledgeable, caring, compassionate, and shares with his patients the belief that life will get better then helps them get there.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2012 | flag

My first time and visit with Dr. Jeter today. What a breath of fresh air to his profession. He was a great listener and made me feel comfortable and part of the solution. I read many reviews below about Sandra but with me she was wonderful, on the phone and in person. How many people ask you if you need assistance to come to the office? just for that she got a box of chocolate ;-). I highly recommend Dr. Jeter and yes it is hard to get an appointment anywhere with a psychiatrist in town but he is worth waiting for.

Submitted May 17, 2012 | flag

I was a regular patient of Dr. Jeters for about 2.5 years now. I still have monthly visits to the same practice, but not with him. I was abruptly switched to an RN, with the excuse of Dr. Jeter no longer accepting my health insurance. Keep in mind, I still have monthly appointments at the same practice, but not with him. I understand that I may be less dependant on the counseling, but at least be professional about it, and tell me the truth. I was transferred to another counselor, and no chance to tell Dr. Jeter thank you. He has helped me advance tremendously over the past 2-3 years, but now I'm thinking that the practice he's associated with is totally money hungry. I do plan on searching for a more respectable practice, but I'm also a master of procrastination...

Submitted Feb. 23, 2012 | flag

Talking with Dr Jeter was like talking to my doctor, brother and best friend all rolled into one. I'm not sure how he does it, but you really get a sense that you are the most important person in the world to him while in his office. I've waited at times up to 15 minutes for my appointment, but on a day I really needed him, he spent an extra 15 minutes with me. I've never felt rushed, always given time for questions and answers and it's clear that Dr Jeter makes your understanding of your illness and treatment options a priority. At others doctors offices I've been to, I have felt talked down to or felt my treatment came as a series of "orders". Not with Dr Jeter. As he has said to me, my opinions and input are every bit as important as his own. Leaving Dr Jeters office, you really get a sense that you entered into a partnership. I can't recommend Dr Jeter highly enough. Truly one of a kind and someone I trust with my life.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. Jeter is a kind and professional man but his assistant, Sandra, is the rudest most unprofessional woman I have ever met. It takes weeks to make an appointment, she accuses and tries to charge you for appointments that were never missed AND when you I complained she got nasty with me. So I faxed a letter to Dr. Jeter. She called the next day and told me that he would no longer see me. Lord knows what she told him.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr. Jeter is very caring and will keep you as long as needed to understand. HOWEVER, his staff are horrendous. It takes almost 2 1/2 weeks to get any paperwork filled out and now they are saying they might not do disability, FMLA, or any other type of paperwork because it takes up too much of his time. Well how the heck are you supposed to get help without the required paperwork ? Seems like the just want cash money. It takes a good while to get an appointment. Once you get through the automatic phone service the receptionist asks all these questions that you have to repeat again when you talk to someone who knows what they are talking about. I had a payment arrangement to pay half now and half with a post dated check. They put the check through immediately causing me overdraft fees. If Dr. Jeter would move out on his own or get new staff I would go back to him in a heartbeat, but alas that's not going to happen. On to my next psychiatrist.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2011 | flag

I have never been treated by a psychiatrist... And I skepitical about being overmedicated, Dr. J is truly awesome, and insightful. Although His treatment substantially consists of medication management, (hence MD), He demonstrates outstanding bedside manner. (For behavior modification or therapy see Vicki an LCSW at the same office)

Submitted May 26, 2011 | flag