Dr. Ernesto Zatarain-Rios

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/05/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Ernesto Zatarain-Rios has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Rheumatologist-related: rheumatic diseases, musculoskeletal problems, scleroderma, musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis, Raynaud's phenomenon, vasculitis, connective tissue diseases, rheumatic fever
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

09/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.7

23/05/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "SAN MATEO" to "BURLINGAME"
RID: 1513080
15/08/11 4 4 5 5 I traveled 300 miles for my apt. with the Dr. and found him very helpful, on time and his office assistant went overboard to help me.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1387185
14/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Zatarain is compassionate about helping his patients.After many years of living with a misdiagnosis ,The Dr correctly diagnosed my Psoriatric arthritis,He has really helped me reduce the pain through new meds.His assistant,Wendy ,has been very helpful with my scheduling and aided in working with my insurance company to have the necessary drug allowed.I would not consider going to another Doctor after all of his help.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 934820
12/07/09 1 4 5 5 He is a very, very good doctor. However I agree with the other poster about the office. He has one girl that works there part time and EVERY TIME you call it goes to voice mail. Well I see clients myself all day and need to call in between clients and would ALWAYS get the voice mail. He came highly recommended and he was good but I will never see him again because it took weeks of phone tag before i could even make an appt. I guess he doesn't care about his patients actually getting appts with him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 728656
24/11/08 3 5 5 5 very knowledgable and helpful doctor. Can't ask for better.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 636899
11/07/08 2 1 2 4 Dr. Zatarain is a good doctor but has NO office staff, so it is just unacceptable as far as getting an appt, getting help in gettings scripts done right, necessary approvals & referrals aren't given properly (or at all), office wait is typically 2 hrs, has no set office office hrs so it's impossible to get an appt -- on & on. It is such a mess dealing with lack of staff that it actually interferes in the way he treats patients. I had to change doctors because the problem was so severe and it's just not worth it!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user