Rate Dr. Kam Shojania

Dr. Kam Shojania's Ratings

I was recently referred to Dr. Shojania for a second opinion. He was extremely knowledgable about my condition and was very understanding. Not only did he listen to my complaints but he examined me more thoroughly than any doctor I have seen before. I have asked him to take over my care. He is exceptional. His staff are also very kind and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2696481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

I am very critical of giving physicians good evaluations, but have had nothing but great experiences with this clinic. They are dead on-time which is incredible and their knowledge as a team is excellent. Dr Shojania is very kind and understanding and does listen. We discussed my treatment intelligently and he allowed me to guide the decision based on my understanding of my body and past experience. There's a reason he's responsible for resident training.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2683956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I think he is a wonderful, kind and compassionate doctor. He knows how to put someone at ease. I actually like attending my appointments. He is smart and to the point. He is never rude or inconsiderate. He saw me sooner than any other doctor and trust me he is very busy. I would like to add that he is gorgeous! Cyndi and Patricia are great as well, super friendly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2662287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

Dr. Shojania has always been helpful to me. Ever since I've started to see him, Dr. Shojania and his staff have given me the best of care. I don't know if I would've made it without him. Thank you, Kam.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565263].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr. Shojania has been my rheumatologist for 5 years. When I was initially referred to him with symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, he sent me to the rapid diagnosis clinic at Mary Pack arthritis centre where I was seen within 2 weeks, received my diagnosis of RA, and started on treatment immediately. I believe this efficient management of my RA likely saved me from permanent joint damage. Since then, I have been following up regularly with Dr. Shojania. He is a good listener, respectful, knowledgeable, and cares about the whole person. He takes his time to discuss issues. He is an excellent clinician, who is interested in the science of medicine, and the art of communicating to patients in a compassionate way. He has also contributed in a significant way to advocating for improved access to care, increasing medical students' interest in rheumatology, and improving education in this field. He also participates in fundraising for arthritis programs, and collaborates closely with consumer groups such as Arthritis Consumer Experts (ACE). I highly recommend Dr. Shojania for patients with inflammatory rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and ankylosing spondylitis.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2501510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Dr Shojania is extremely arrogant and patronizing. He does not respect a patient's right to get a second opinion. He does not listen well, and appointments always seem rushed. I would rather go without medical care than continue being a patient of his.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1258411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Having had experience with three rheumatologists, and with no complaints about any of them, I would be lying if I did not say Dr. Shojania is by far the best of the lot. Not only does he know his stuff, he allows me to take an active role in my treatment, and he listens to me. Dr. Shojania not only cares about my physical state, but my emotional well-being as well, and he made sure that my depression was treated by referring me to a specialist in that field. He knows his stuff, he's gentle, he's kind, and I would not trade him for another rheumatologist because quite frankly, nobody else measures up. I don't understand those who wrote negative comments, but I can only speculate that the issues lie with the commenters themselves. Anyone who gets referred to Dr. Shojania is very lucky and can expect to be given good care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2446378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

I agree with the other posters who say they would rather go without medical care than to see him. He actually caused more damage than no care with his hasty, unfounded opinion that falls in the "it's all in your head" category. Like others, I have had excellent, ongoing medical care for years since seeing him that proves the devastating damage from my active disease. I'd go to great lengths to never be seen by him again. He may win awards for teaching and service but I couldn't agree with others more about his lack of skill. That he holds so much power and prestige in BC is kind of frightening, actually.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

All you nasayers are very mistaken. Dr Shojania is absolutely the best arthritis DR there is! He has given me back my active life for 3 years now with his "miracle injections". He is an expert in his chosen field & I am a lucky gal to have him. He is always courteous, friendly, kind & understanding. He can be funny too. I feel completely at ease with this doctor & consider him a dear friend & not just my doctor. He gives me hope & restores my confidence by releasing me from the pain I endure with two bad knees. I simply cannot understand such negativity in these ratings. You do not know or understand him at all. You will never find a more personable, professional & knowlegable Dr like Dr Shojania. If you are looking to have your hand held or to be molly-coddled look elsewhere. He tells it like it is & I appreciate this greatly. Dr Shojania is just the best!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1258436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2012

Arrogant, self centered and rude! He has the 'God' complex! Refused to listen to my input. Basically one of those, 'it's in your head' kind of doctors....later tested proved him wrong! He has no empathy IMO. I wouldn't recommend him at all! Had he taken the time to actually listen and help I could have been properly diagnosed two years prior to my actual diagnosis! He a very inside the box thinker IMO.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1258435].votes_count ]]