Dr. Benjamin S. Carson

Rate Dr. Benjamin S. Carson

Dr. Benjamin S. Carson's Ratings

This Doctor has given by 2 1/2 year the most amazing gift ever - a second chance. When other specialists said we dont know or just wait and see how he progresses,this dr said your son needs surgery immediately. It has changed his life.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2012 | flag

Ben Carson might be about his biznazz when he get his grind on. But when he bout dat paper, you best come correct. I dont seen this man, and he wasnt about operatin til his money is right, trust. I was up in that piece for a minute. Im talking I need my head opened and served, he talking bout if you aint got that skrilla you need to step off. Overall Dr. Carson is about the real, but if you aint down for yours, you will be dealt wit.

Submitted March 16, 2011 | flag

Dr Carson has been compassionate, and incredibly knowledgeable. He has performed one surgery for me and I am having a second again soon. He has explained everything in depth, took the time to make sure I understand every step of what's going to take place. He has been caring and understanding to my family and to my needs as a parent. His staff is loving and I always feel taken care of. I feel very safe and in the right hands with Dr C!

Submitted Feb. 26, 2011 | flag

My daughter was born with a soft spot on her head. We where referred from Maryland General to John Hopkins by my daughers doctor. We met Doctor Carson and he made all the tests and he prayed over my daughter and for our family. So far my daughter is healed to this day. This doctor is a Great Doctor in Jesus Name Amen +

Submitted July 1, 2009 | flag

Dr Carson himself is a very caring individual.The system he is in however keeps him from being as good as he could be.JHH is layered in ineffective care.Over several operations and hospitalizations mistakes were made which almost cost my son his life.I would seek out others at other hospitals.

Submitted March 15, 2009 | flag

We went to see Dr. Carson and he didn't even take the time to order new MRIs. He looked at an old MRI that was 5 years old and said my daughter didn't have Chiari. All he did with the 5 minutes he had my daughter was complain about my insurance company and how he never gets paid. Never took the time to exam my daughter and told me that going to the Chiari center in NY was a waste of time. Well, we went to NY and they found my daughter definitely had Chiari. They ran all kinds of tests and found that she has no fluid behind the base of her brain. She has damage to her vega nerve which has now slowed her stomach down and heart issues. Great Doctor. NY told us that Carson was a media doctor and if a case didn't give him media time or wasn't clear cut, then he wasn't going to be bothered.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2008 | flag

Dr. Carson and his staff are first rate by any scale. Several surgeries for my daughter and he always checked in to ensure she was making progress. He always listened to our opinions and questions; and took his time to explain to our satisfaction the answers and reasons for electing surgery vs. not doing surgery. His staff has been responsive to email requests for information and follow-up care questions. Overall, Dr. Carson and his staff provide great service with smiles, care and love of their patients foremost in their minds. Additionally, his fellow neurosurgery team members (Dr. Jallo and Dr. Ahn) also provide outstanding care in case Dr. Carson has other commitments that require his presence elsewhere during your hosptial/surgical stay. Thanks, Tony (Parent of daughter with hydrocephalus)

Submitted Sept. 19, 2008 | flag

His very presence conveys an aura of healing; as he stood by the bedside of my severely brain damaged daughter, my broken heart felt as though a part of heaven had descended. A sense of peace and hope encompassed us each time he entered. There is something extraordinary/sublime about Dr. Carson.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2008 | flag