Dr. Brian E. McDonald

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Brian E. McDonald has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5539528

06/06/14 4 1 1 3 Recently dr sent me to the hospital and said he would be there shortly. I sat in the ER for two hours and then was seen in the ER by another ER doc. The reason for that is because dr McDonald never showed up. The ER knew I was coming but he never left instructions of what to do with me. They paged him numerous times but nothing. An associate of dr McDonald was then on call but knew nothing of me and never saw me. I finally left in the middle of the night and called the following day to see what happened. The office said I was a no show the day before. I told them I was there, saw him and other staff and he sent me to the hospital. The next day I rec"d a certified letter saying I was removed from the practice. I have always liked the doc very much and am shocked by all of this. All he needed to do wAs apologize for forgetting me and that would have been ok. But lying to cover himself is not right. I m very sad and disappointed about all of this. He was always good to me.
Insurance: Oxford
Respond

15/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Brian" to "Brian E."
RID: 1432970
04/05/11 5 4 5 5 Very kind, never rushes. Explains and talks to patients as human beings. A great guy.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1103110
10/02/10 1 5 5 5 Dr. is excellent, but staff is so bad. If you complain Medical associates do not ever do anything about the girls whp answer phones. Terrible, the worst.
RID: 899715
28/05/09 5 5 5 5 WONDERFUL DOCTOR. BEEN THERE FOR ME WHEN I HAVE BEEN HOSPIALIZED. CAN SAY ANYTHING.
RID: 718395
09/11/08 3 5 5 5 I trust my life to this man. He listens, advises, guides, suggests, prescribes and lets me take an active part of my care. He has been firm when needed and speaks to me in words I know. Dr McD wants to know that I understand my condition. He can think outside the box and has no fear of consulting his library for more info. He is our Family doc & he knows we are individuals and treats us as such. His desire to help is very apparent in his care. His Emergency Room experience helps him switch gears quickly. The reception staff is great & generally sweet, the nursing staff is somewhat rushed/racing around. My complaints: #1) I find the telephone system does not work well for me - my messages are taken & many times I get no response - ever. I try to make an appointment for important health issues. #2) When he is off, it is very hard to get care. I feel like I must wait for another doctor to finish with his/her own patients before my message gets attetion no matter the urgency.
RID: 675401
28/08/08 4 5 5 5 Easy to talk to. Can discuss anything. Never feel rushed...
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 427981
12/10/07 4 4 5 5 Very conscientious and concerned about his patient. Willing to spend time explaining and answering questions.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 69623
12/12/06 5 5 5 Very understanding physician. Listens...can ask him anything..very knowledgeabale..can discuss anything with him. Doesn't rush you...
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 50751
16/10/06 4 5 4 He has been my primary care physician for many years and I think he is one of the best Doctors in the Poconos. His office can get busy sometimes. To get a better docotr you probably have to go to a major city.