Rate Dr. S. Weisz

Dr. S. Weisz's Ratings

Dr Samuel Weisz is the most compassionate Doctors I've seen ever. A real gentleman,and very intelligent. I was on garbage medicine called Synthroid and ended up in the hospital because this sythetic PRO-hormone did not treat my thyroid disease, and I was having all kinds of serious problems even though the lab reports were "normal"!!! I went to the University of Alberta to see a Endocrinologist who absolutely refused to add the active hormone Triiodiothyronine to my regiment of treatment and was actually very mean about the whole thing, I left his office in tears and was very angry. I can't tell you his name for fear of reprisal, but I ended finding Dr Weisz and seen him. Within the first 36 hours after taking natural Dessicated Thyroid pills the extreme muscle cramps stopped, my hair stopped falling out within 3 weeks, and all other kinds of health problems returned to normal. This goes to show that the name "ENDOCRINOLOGIST" means NOTHING! Dr Weisz is not an Endocdrinologist!

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

A Class-Act! A True Gentleman! A Superb Doctor! I have Graves' Disease. I've been through the ringer with GP's and Endocrinologists from the UofA that knew absolutely nothing about about my disease, options, and treatments. In fact, I was left to fend for myself in a autoimmune hypothyroid mess after I was rushed into RAI, without the discussion of any other options. Dr. Weisz saved my life! I just found him and don't know what I would do without him! These so-called specialists can learn a few things from him....if only they'd leave their monstrous ego's at the door!

Submitted March 5, 2011 | flag

Please don't be fooled by Dr Weisz' age or speech. I thought my family doctor had sent me to see a doddering, out of touch specialist. Boy, was I wrong! Dr Weisz really knows his stuff. He is very gentle and kind as well as being very knowledgeable about the thyroid. He is also very thorough in ensuring he diagnoses the problem. At first he found it difficult to really feel my thyroid so he sent me for an ultrasound. It revealed that my thyroid gland had shrunk to about a quarter of its normal size and that my wildly fluctuating TSH levels were due to "Hashimoto's Thyroiditis". When I first went to see him about 4 months ago in order to determine which strength of synthetic thyroxin I should be on, he correctly calculated the right amount for me. Following further blood tests and the ultrasound, his dosage was confirmed and my TSH level is much more stable. He also doesn't believe in using the TSH level as the only indicator; he checks the T3 level as well.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2010 | flag

I have been struggling with a thyroid disease for the last 4 years. Dr. Weisz is the first doctor to take an active interest in helping me to manage it! This man sure knows what he is doing!! He has years of experience. He is kind, and really listens to what you have to say!! He almost doubled my meds and ordered the neccesary tests I needed, but wasn't getting from my GP or first Endocrin I went to. I am so grateful for him! I highly reccommend him to anyone dealing with auto immune problems or thyroid disease.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2009 | flag

Sam is certainly a top man in his field; a real gentleman of the old school...kind, courteous, takes his time...never rushed, I daresay he'd be in the top 1% of doctors in North America; he really is that good. His soon retirement will be a devastating loss for me; the man is irreplaceable! If GOD needed and Internal Medicine Specialist he'd go see Sa.! God richly reward and bless you Sam and may your retirement be like one long, beautiful sunset. Shalom! You will be missed more than you'll ever know. My life is far richer for having known you but a short while!

Submitted Dec. 14, 2007 | flag

Dr. Samuel Weisz is an internal medicine specialist who did his residency at the Mayo Clinic. I have had the good fortune of being his patient for over 30 years and I am sad to see him retire from active practice April 30, 2007. My medical issues are such that his specialty meant that I got the best of care and attention. Dr. Weisz spends the time necessary and is worth the wait when he has had to spend time with a patient before me. I understand and appreciate the fact that he gives one the time they need and is not fixated on the clock the way so many other doctors are. My concern is finding a doctor to replace him.

Submitted March 23, 2007 | flag

very helpful and kind. always takes time to answer questions--does not rush you. Refers to others when necessary. I too am very sorry that he is retiring.

Submitted March 20, 2007 | flag

Excellent Dr. Very knowledgeable and very thorough. Does not rush through appointments and always gives the best care. Unlike Drs today who do not call you to let you know that your test results are ok or not ok he wants you to come back so he can discuss the test results with you. This shows true care for the patient. Always works in a very timely manner if he is trying to get you in to see a specialist. Dr. Weisz is retiring this year. I know I will miss him greatly. They do not make Drs like him anymore.

Submitted March 19, 2007 | flag