Rate Dr. Alice Klinkhoff

Dr. Alice Klinkhoff's Ratings

How can I rate someone more than a 5. If I could... she would get it! You've heard the expression "I owe my life to her" that's my Doc. I never thought I would live a productive life again. Once in her hands, I was and am thoroughly checked over on every visit: the joints, the meds, new issues, old issues, and even has an interest to ask a personal question. Back in the beginning, I received steriod injections into joints when the pain was unbearable on short notice. She is an exceptional doctor, knowledgeable, kind, and to the point. Your appointment time with her is whatever it needs to be, shorter or longer, to make that thorough assessment. In my books she's the best in the profession!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

I have seen her for 18 years. First I have to say she's a really good doctor. Although sometimes I find it difficult to communicate with her because she is a little bit passive, but if you are well prepared with your questions, she can always give you a satisfied answer. Second, make your appointment earlier, it usually takes one and a half to two months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Good luck getting past rude receptionist. "Not booking till next year" and hangs up on me before I can find out what I need to be referred to this Doctor who was recommend to me. I called back, many attempts to get past answering machine, and asked if I needed to get a referral specifically for this Dr. or just a general referral and was told I would have to have my doctor decide what I need, which doesn't answer my question. I have just moved and don't have a Doctor that knows me. I was told to go to a walk-in clinic. So now I am to go to a walk-in clinic Dr. who doesn't know me and get some kind of referral but I don't know what kind, to make a Dr, appointment for next year some time. Meanwhile my foot is hurting to the point I can barely walk. Maybe I can find a crawl-in clinic. Thanks a lot!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

She is a great physician and has been my rheumatologist since 1987.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2013

I have been a patient for many years and I am very satisfied.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

I visited Dr Klinkhoff today for the first time. I had been diagnosed with RA in Ireland 15 years ago but came off the medication when I came over here. The pain has got very bad so I was referred to her by my GP. My appt was at 8am and she came straight in and dived into the appt, she was so thorough, wrote everything down and asked every question. She then examined me thoroughly, checking each joint. She then administered Steroid injections to my knee and thumb as the swelling was so bad. She had another appt at 8.45am and went straight from me to them, and got so much in the 45 mins. I think Canadians are very lucky to have such great healthcare, my last rheum saw me for 5 mins each time, barely looked at me and medicated me.Most of the time I saw interns who were not the decision makers.If she is a little late, it is probably because she has so many patients.She has been doing this for 25 years and is obviously an expert-she just wants to get in and do her job, which I did she does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Outstanding rheumatologist, has treated me for 20 years and I am doing great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

An oustanding rheumatologist with a first-class team behind her. She quickly diagnosed me with Polyarticular Gout, a non-life-threatening condition, but exceedingly painful. Polyarticular Gout has historically been difficult to diagnose, but she came up with ALL the answers very rapidly, and within a couple of ho0urs of her tresatment it has begun significantly to disappear.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

I found Dr. Klinkoff very unhelpful. She's always late and never apologizes. Rushes through the appointment and never gives a clear answer. Instead of trying to solve whats wrong with me, she said its either one of two things.,, and gave me 2 perscriptions for two dif conditions... said to try one and if it doesnt work try the other., overmedicating is not the answer, she said there was tests to tell me which one it is but refused to send me for them. And on top of that she would not even give me a note explaining my visit when i waited almost four months for the stupid appointment for her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2010

I was asked if I minded being seen by Dr Klinkhoff's intern. He took my history and did the physical exam then related his impressions to Dr Klinkhoff, who checked with me that I concurred. She was very exacting with him, but friendly towards me. Out of the hour, I only saw her for 10 minutes but she did pick up on symptoms and inflamed joints the intern had missed, and gave me the diagnosis of RA and started me on a prescription of the least invasive treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274702].votes_count ]]