Dr. Eric Carkner

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 24/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Eric Carkner has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Is Dr Carkner an excellent surgeon for spinal stenoses?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

08/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.4
RID: 4293973
27/01/14 5 5 5 5 Very down to earth and honest. Very easy to talk to. He will do what he thinks is proper for his patient not his bottom line.  Respond
RID: 2655529
23/05/13 4 4 5 5 This guy rocks. Needed surgery for a herniated disk, and he fixed me up...I know that another doctor working in his practice needed back surgery, and Dr. Carkner performed it. Only downside...it takes a long time to get scheduled, both to be seen and to be operated on...but worth the wait!
RID: 2532426
15/01/13 5 5 5 5 Too many good things to say. He gave my husband his life back. Great surgeon with a bed side manner that I have never seen in a surgeon.
Insurance: Tufts
RID: 1709617
09/02/12 5 5 5 5 Ecellent doctor very thorough and took the time to explain exactly what was going to happen and how i would feel after the surgery I had a cervical fusion of C4-7 all symptoms are gone and i am pain free i am back to work and feeling great
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1518875
22/08/11 4 5 5 5 After going through a lot of conservative treatment,my quality of life was given back to me after much needed spine surgery!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1419744
18/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Carkner is fantastic. He explains everything in a way that patients can understand. He is the most personable doctor I have ever had. He genuinely cares. I highly recommend him!
RID: 947416
26/07/09 5 5 5 5 excellent doctor, good bedside manner, genuine concern for patients well being, very good pain management
RID: 423819
03/10/07 5 5 5 5 I've now undergone lumbar spinal surgery with Dr. Carkner twice - the first time for an L4-5 microdiscectomy, and the second time for another L4-5 microdiscectomy (re-herniated) and an L3-4 microdiscetomy. I have nothing but positive things to say about him. He was professional, and took time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions about each surgery. I would even say that he is somewhat conservative when it comes to recommending surgery (unlike the first surgeon I consulted with at another hospital). True, he is a young surgeon, but my fears were assuaged after hearing that he performs 4-5 microdiscectomies each month, and that he was fellowship trained in spine surgery at the New England Baptist Hospital. Of course, the most important thing is the result: I am incredibly happy that I chose to have the surgery, as I have so far had excellent results. Just a side note: both of my surgeries at the Baptist went like clockwork – surgery is down to a science over there!
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim