Dr. Edward S. Magaziner

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 26 reviews. Dr. Edward S. Magaziner has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5553088
10/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Magaziner is a caring doctor. He took the time to explain the procedure and made me felt comfortable. Because I work and my work hours were not compatible with his hours --I could not always be there at the time that was scheduled. However, his staff would contact me and work out a schedule with me to fit my schedule. Dr. Magaziner's staff is friendly and very helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend him because he is knowledgeable, patient & kind and will spend the time listening to you even when he is busy.  Respond

06/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Edward" to "Edward S."
RID: 2579530
07/03/13 2 1 1 1 I paid Dr. Magaziner approximately 8000.for PRP. I was told that it worked for over 92% of people. It made my situation worse, a lot worse. Then, Dr. Magaziner wanted me to try another procedure, giving him another $5000. and this one had no guarantee either. (PRP, for the record is not covered by insurance.) After going to another doctor I learned that I have a bone spur which would have prevented this procedure to work at all. The spur was on the MRI that Dr. Magaziner requested so if he took the time to look at it he would have know that the procedure would not have worked for me regardless of what he did. Each of my visits I spent minimal one hour in the waiting room, sometimes over 2. Very unprofessional all around.  Respond
RID: 2537899
22/01/13 5 5 5 5 I had been dealing with severe knee pain for a very long time, Dr. Magaziner is the first doctor who gave me hope that he could help me. I notice improvement already. He is very helpful and his staff is very friendly and they always call with reminders about appointments, which is very helpful
RID: 2291377
25/06/12 5 4 5 5 I suffered from post laminectomy neuropothy and after a few treatments, I am pretty much pain free. I would recommend Dr. Magaziner, as I went to 3 other pain doctors before him. He's very caring.
Paid (or co-pay): $1000
RID: 1705261
05/02/12 5 5 5 5 very compassionate, listening, knowledgeable about best techniques/ new procedures. Saved me by now I am able to move without pain and be normal. MW
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

17/08/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1499002
29/07/11 5 5 5 5 my wife has spondilouarthritos (eight (8)herniations (L3-5, L1-3). pain was killing her since Sept 2009. she visited Dr.Magaziner first time end of March 2011. She feels much better and we get real hope for recovery. THANK YOU Doc! Sergei Khokhlov
Paid (or co-pay): $3650
RID: 1482727
09/07/11 5 5 5 5 Exceedingly skilled, patient, empathic physician who listens carefully and employs the least invasive yet most advanced and effective pain-relieving techniques available.  Respond
RID: 1424600
25/04/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Magaziner is Dedicated to his patients, and is extremely kind and pleasant. He is very easy-going and humble. I have 5 Prolo Therapy sessions for my SI and facet Joints. I am 75-80 % better now. I have stop taking all of my medications. I would recommend him 100 % and would love to refer anyboday to him. I agree with other comments regarding wait time and Schedule, but it is well worth it with the results i have got. I went to 4 pain management docs and one sergeon without getting any better for 2.5 years. With Prolo Therapy i am 80 % pain free now. Ashish Shah  Respond
RID: 1328860
06/01/11 5 5 5 5 Was a pleasure getting treating for my chronic arthritis issue. Good bedside manner. Would recommend. eStella  Respond
RID: 1321336
26/12/10 4 3 5 5 Dr. Magaziner is great. I'm getting prolo for general wrist ligament laxity, and whether or not the procedure will help (I'm positive it will) I think ths doc is awesome, as opposed to the conservative orthopedics who just told me to "live with it". There was some wait time because patients arrived late, etc., but his staff is friendly and the doc knows his stuff. All of those who slander him or his treatmets are preposterous - this treatment takes TIME and it will be PAINFUL. Just take it like adults and be patient, and actually wait a few months before saying it was ineffective. Prolotherapy isn't a one-shot-go-home deal, it's therapy.  Respond
RID: 1320974
24/12/10 1 1 1 1 My experience was that the procedures were very painful and extremely expensive. He's too busy to listen to you and the average wait in his office is an hour. I ended up leaving his office in more pain than I started with. After what I have been through I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone.
Paid (or co-pay): $7000
RID: 1302152
27/11/10 1 1 1 1 Dr Magaziner did not listen to me at all. He tried two of his unconventional treatments on me, both making my situation worse. I would not recommend him and wish I never went to him.  Respond
RID: 1276472
21/10/10 5 4 5 5 His staff his wonderful.The doctor takes his time with his patients.Very knowlegeable and patient,
RID: 1239447
29/08/10 5 4 5 5 Dr.Magaziner truly cares about his patients. If you are looking for an alternative to surgery he is the doctor to see. I had Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)on an arthritic hip instead of a hip replacement operation, and I'm very pleased with the results.
RID: 1235349
23/08/10 2 3 1 1 Unfortunately, I've been a patient of this Dr. 4 many yrs, & his lawyer sued my insurance co till my 1/4 million dollar policy was exhausted! Once my insurance policy was exhausted, he got a hold of my P&S lawsuit money! Every single strange treatment he gave me failed 2 eliminate my pain.Whenever I asked him if there was anything he could do to help me, he'd just give me a blank, apathetic stare & didn't respond. But he led me 2 believe that other treatments would work. He tried some quackery type of ineffective treatment on me like chemonucleolysis & added pumice (YES, PUMICE) 2 his prolo serum. After seeing him 4 2yrs, all he did was write scripts 4 me & was extremely reluctant 2 titrate my meds 2 control my pain levels.I was on the same dosage 4 many yrs & in pain & he just wanted 2 get rid of me! My pulse & BP were pain-related & were frequently approx 120+ BPM & my BP was 194+/119+! My high BP could have caused kidney damage or a stroke but as always, the Dr. seemed unconcerned.
RID: 1220829
03/08/10 5 4 5 5 Will not give up on difficult to diagnose issues involving pain. Three other drs told me to 'live with it' when I could barely walk. Dr. Magaziner kept at it until he figured out what the issue was and is now treating the cause of my pain successfully. May have to wait a while in office, but well worth the wait, they will take good care of you.  Respond
RID: 1219358
31/07/10 5 4 5 5 I have known Dr. M for many years and have complete confidence in his ability. He is all those positive adjectives used in other comments. I am a health care professional and appreciate his recognizing and treating me as such. He is the only one that has helped with my myriad of health problems which seem to be hopeless to other physcians. Thanks, Dr. Magaziner.
RID: 1217843
29/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Magaziner has helped me immensely . First appointment he took me right away to my surprise. He did very helpful trigger point injections that brought me back to life that very day. He's unique in his ability to think outside the box unlike traditional pain management doctors. Very knowledgeable with conventional as well as alternation treatments ie: Platelet Rich Plasma tissue matrix and Stem Cell Grafts etc . A very due diligent compassionate physician . Sits down with you to find what a lot other doctors over look. Seems to have an answer for whatever dilemma and if he can't help he'll say so and provide you with a competent referral . I would recommend Dr. Magaziner any day without any reservations . If you're seeking a high quality doctor you can't go wrong . His staff are friendly and great too
RID: 1196833
25/06/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Magaziner is an extremely knowledgeable, first in his field to try new things, expert pain management psyiatrist. He does prolotherapy and PRP. He saved my thumb from being non-usable after a car accident to 95% better and functioning again. Without his help I would have lost the use of my hand without the thumb. Great bedside manner. Super friendly and understanding. Listens to concerns and answers all questions. Truly concerned for his patients. A unique Dr. to find in this day and age.
RID: 1178434
28/05/10 5 5 5 5 Doctor Edward Magaziner – A Special Office, a Special Doctor How nice to go to a physician who is very smart, articulate, compassionate and is truly interested in his patients. He never makes you feel rushed, listens to you and is happy to answer all of your questions that are important to you. From the first time you go to the office his wonderful staff, always smiling, make you feel very comfortable. Even when they are very busy, they always stay calm and friendly and always try to accommodate you. Thank you for all you do and all you have done for us. Good luck, health and all good things. Fondly, Barbara & Bob Stone  Respond
RID: 1164013
06/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Magaziner has helped me tremendously with long lasting relief from several conditions including ruptured cervical disks and injured wrist and now severe knee pain. He is caring and interested in his patients welfare. If you are considering surgery, do yourself a favor and consult with him first.  Respond
RID: 1137807
27/03/10 5 3 5 5 Very thorough and knowledgeable. Takes his time with each patient so be prepared to wait a bit in waiting room but it is well worth it. Staff is not rude despite someone's comments on here, if anything they are all very kind and helpful. He is also very skilled with injections/needles. I highly recommend dr magaziner, he's a good dude who cares about his patients, he's not there to just give out prescriptions like most of the other awful doctors out there.
RID: 1098500
05/02/10 2 2 3 3 Dr. Magaziner is very good with injections - you won't feel a thing. But his staff is rude and uncaring and won't get back to you to schedule an appointment for weeks at a time, all the while you're desperately in pain. Dr. Magaziner loves to run tests and perform procedures but will not give you a final diagnosis, so it is a hit or miss approach - not a viable way to treat someone.
RID: 884823
12/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Magaziner doesn't settle for the 'nothing can be done' attitude of most doctors I've been to. His approach is both cutting-edge and natural at the same time; 'convincing' your body to heal itself. A martial arts career ending hip injury in my late 20's became a significant impairment normal activities by the time I was in my early 40's. I am now able to run, something which I have been unable to do for more something like 15 years.
RID: 838618
22/03/09 5 4 5 5 Great doctor. I've been a patient for a long time and he's done wonders for me. He really cares about his patients.  Respond
RID: 817905
06/03/09 5 4 5 5 If you are interested in either prolotherapy or PRP as an alternative to surgery, Dr. Edward Magaziner is the physician you want to work with. He is extensively experienced, extremely up-to-date, knowledgable and caring. This isn't just a hobby or a "side-interest" to him, he has both the credentials and a history of experiences that speak to his dedication.In his consultation he gives a fair assessment of whether your situation would benefit from surgery or this alternate, you can determine for yourself your own direction. In any surgeon you want skill level and experience above all, and Dr. Magaziner came highly recommended. You want dedication and sincere caring for you the person vs. "client # 347 - and my experiences with Dr. Magaziner would be scored 10 out of 10 for great. He's good, and he cares about what he's doing, you don't get lost in the shuffle. Even at out-of-network high costs, this beats surgery and potential long-term side effects. See him!
* - Rating left by a registered user