Rate Dr. Jim Dooner

Dr. Jim Dooner's Ratings

Dr. Jim Dooner did a bowel resection on my husband, after cancerous polyps were removed. After the resection, he was never the same, he returned many times to emergency vomiting bile. Eventually Dr. Holland went in and enlarged the opening, which was half the size of a pea, so that my husband could pass waste through. The doctor was difficult to get to talk to, I waited 17 hrs. in hospital and eventually he phoned me on the ward, and ASKED ME what I thought the problem was. I had asked for a second opinion, but the family doctor refused, saying it would be a complete waste of health care dollars. My husband eventually passed from bladder cancer, but the colon setbacks sapped his strength so much, he had very little energy left to fight the cancer.There is much more to the story, but this is the short version.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2014

Dr Dooner is the best surgeon my family has ever dealt with. He performed a surgery on my 82 yr old mother, and cleared a huge blockage in her Carotid artery. He explained exactly what he would do, and what she could expect afterwards. His bedside manner was awesome, and he made my mom feel totally at ease about the procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2013

Jim Dooner rocks! He is a very caring and knowledgeable surgeon. I have great respect for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Excellent surgeon but his mannner I found rather supercilious which frightened me. As a patient I wished for a deal more respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2011

after experiencing extreme pain due to claudication in both legs i was referred to dr. dooner. he knew immediately what the problem was, arterial blockage both legs. he scheduled me for a ctscan quite quickly and within a few weeks i was scheduled for surgery. i was unable to walk any more than short distances without extreme pain. after a 3 hour surgery in royal jubilee hospital for bi lateral femoral endarectomy, i was up walking the next day, since the surgery the pain is gone and all is well. dr dooner is an extremely good surgeon, very likeable and highly competant. i would recommend him highly to anyone who needs vascular surgery. his staff is also beyond compare. thnk you dr dooner for giving me back my quality of life an enabling to walk again

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2011

An excellent specialist who has created the best vascular surgery website (along with his associate Dr Lee) for patients. I spent days researching the topic and there is nothing else as comprehensive as what they've produced. http://www.doonerandlee.vasculardomain.com/ My interest was in varicose veins and it provided so much information before my appt. Dr. Dooner was very thorough and diagnosed a problem that three other physicians had failed to identify. He is very thoughtful and has that remarkable ability to reduce your anxiety rather than raise it! I couldn't recommend him more highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

Dr. Dooner was called to the o.r. when Dr. Rippington tore my elliac artery. I was very close to dieing and Dr. Dooner performed a graft to correct the damage done to me. I was in i.c.u. for three days before moving to Dr. Dooners ward. Excellant treatment by Dr. Dooner. I am forever grateful to him for saving my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

Great Doctor and a life saver. Great bedside manner and very knowledgeable

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2010

Dr. Dooner is an amazing surgeon,has seen me through 2 very serious surgeries and was very professional, informative and has an excellent bedside manner.Totally explained everything to me and my wife so we knew what to expect.I would not be here if it wasn't for him .Thanks Doc for saving my life and I look forward to many more moose hunts and hockey games !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2008

A very knowledgable and expert surgeon who I was extremely lucky to be in the care of and have the benefit of his expertise. However I found him abrupt and rather rude at follow up. Maybe he was stressed and over busy but made be loose confidence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1281799].votes_count ]]