Dr. Gregg Blevins

Dr. Gregg Blevins

Rate Dr. Gregg Blevins

Dr. Gregg Blevins's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

Staff seemed to lack knowledge of condition. It is not MS so maybe that is why. Not much encouragement given for efforts. Awkward. 3 receptionists doing it seemed "nothing"......

Submitted July 10, 2014 | flag

As I read all of these reviews before my appointment I was a little apprehensive about my upcoming meeting with Dr. Blevins. I have to say that those feelings were completely unwarranted, as I had a wonderful meeting with Dr Blevins. He was pleasant and helpful, and he had a great sense of humor. His staff were top notch, helpful and knowledgeable as well. Don't trust all the reviews on here as I am left with the opinion that most of them where written by miserable people that wouldn't have been happy no matter what. A+

Submitted June 27, 2014 | flag

I was told Blevins was my dr., not given a choice. He has no communication skill, never answered any questions I asked, treated me like I was a fool. He just pushed drugs. When I asked NOT to take drugs, he yelled at me about my "uncontrollable epilepsy" -I never had a seizure! When my GP saw the terrible rash and vision damage the drugs caused, she finally agreed to refer me to a new neurologist. Lucky me, my car broke; I couldn't make my last appt. with Blevins. My new neurologist told me Blevins hadn't read the biopsy report that had been done OVER a year before! I had been living in fear of what was growing in my brain and causing such pain, and that fool couldn't be bothered to read the report when they cut my head open and cut out pieces of my brain, cut through nerves, and cut the muscles for my mouth! It's the worst pain I ever felt, and he couldn't read the paper! Stay away from this doctor! I'm seeing Dr. Roberts now. He's wonderful! He cares about people!

Submitted July 29, 2013 | flag

I am about ready to fire this so-called doctor! He completely ignores any of my symptoms that don't fit into his idea of what my MS should be like and disregards any symptoms he doesn't feel like dealing with. He can't even look you in the eye and is only interested in getting you on his latest drug-trial poison. When I told him I wasn't interested in the latest poison trial, he became very cold toward me. I am giving him one last chance to prove to me he is worth keeping, then I will fire him....if I can't get another neuro, so be it! Having no neurologist is better than having one like him!

Submitted April 2, 2013 | flag

Well imagine my surprise reading all these comments, since I was told I was the only one that had a problem with Dr. Blevins. I have found too that Dr. Blevins is very impersonal, in fact I felt he did not take my concerns seriously at all. He also tried to tell me that most of my symptoms where in my head, rather than related to my disease. It is difficult enough to get into these doctors, it is exceptionally defeating to have them dismiss you so casually, as if you had walked in the door on a whim. Dr. Blevin's may be very good at what he does, but I certainly did not see that side of him. As far as his staff goes, I have not had such good experiences. My first visit, I was stuck being examined by a student who did not say a word in over an hour, other than to give me a command. I had waited five years to talk with a specialist, who was going to explain my disease in detail - and that is what I got instead.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr.Blevins was very thorough in diagnosing me with ms. Even showing me the pictures of my latest MRI to explain what they look for. And the nurses were great with explaining all the medication (even though it is overwhelming, that is to be expected). They even helped me figure out my coverage so that I could start the meds. Dr. Blevins and the nurses were all very clear to me that they cannot make the lesions go away. That is not what the meds are for. It is all preventative. No one knows what will happen with each case of ms. I am very happy with this office. They just need more doctors to reduce waits for everyone. But that is not dr. Blevins fault.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

Finally Dr. Warren retired freeing his patients from years useless help and zero social skills only to be replaced by his mini- me. The first time I saw Dr. Blevins I thought oh my God it's Dr.Warren's son. He has no communication skills and simply makes you feel uncomfortable. He wanted me to catheterize myself twice a day even though I told him that I had very little problem in that area. I was prescribed Flomax by another doctor and it has worked fantastically. I can't believe his first and only suggestion was a catheter. It appears the MS patients of Edmonton are going to have to wait another 30 years before they get a doctor with some social skills. My mother and I who both have MS have had the unfortunate circumstances to have had to deal with Dr. Warren. She did not out live Dr. Warren but I'm dropping Blevins and finding another neurologist that at least has a personality. MS society should look at the Calgary and BC model for MS patients.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2013 | flag

I am seeing Dr Blevin's currently and very happy with the care I am receiving. Very competent and have no complaints....

Submitted June 13, 2012 | flag

Dr.Blevins has an extremely difficult time talking to patients. I have been struggling with an undiagnosed brain swelling for 15 months. He prefers ignoring me to admitting he doesn't know what it is. He put me on a drug that caused severe depression (studies have proved it) said it wasn't possible, and refused to change it for months. Now he's got me on one that is proven to cause depression also, among other terrible side effects. I figure he thinks if it's bad enough, I'll ask to go back to his first choice. He acts so superior and has treated me like I am an idiot. I'm not, I'm an intelligent professional, who would appreciate being treated with respect. I didn't chose this dr., and I do NOT want to have to deal with him anymore! But my GP likes him and won't recommend another neurologist! How am I supposed to trust a dr. who doesn't believe me? What would be a patient's motivation to lie? His office staff act like they are superior to the patients, too.

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag