Rate Dr. Martin Fishman

Dr. Martin Fishman's Ratings

Very pleasant manner. I was put at ease, despite my apprehension about having to go through a colonoscopy.

Was seen right on time at his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Fishman for 4-5 years for colitis. He is an amazing doctor and I always feel better for seeing him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Had a appointment with Dr Fishman at the Richmond hospital this week, it was the first time I meet him and he was very pleasant and had great bed side manners. Before the procedure he came over and introduced himself, and discussed what he would be doing. Dr Fishman kept me updated on what he would do and was amazing!!! Would highly recommend to family and friends. Thanks for being such an amazing person and Doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2012

I went to Dr. Fishman for 2 different problems. 1st first time- Dr. Fishman went golfing & had his staff not cancel appt. so he could bill his appts. Very bad practices!! The 2nd time, he stated my previous gastroenterologist (well known in N.Van w/a high reputation) miss diagnosed me. My N.Van specialist used 2 colonoscapies, biopsies & X-rays to make his conclusions. Dr Fishman made his conclusions without any evidence or physical exams. He claimed "I wanted to keep in my pooh so I had constipation. Fishman is a quack!! His conclusions weren't correct or backed up. Who wants to keep in pooh...that is just too weird. Don't go to him for any issue. If from Richmond go to VGH or Royal Columbian. His knowledge of medicine is quite limited from my experience. Hence, from my experiences from Dr Fishman on two separate times with different issues . He did not remember me the second time around. Do not go to this doctor. I have seen good ones and he is not one of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Be careful booking an appointment with this doctor. They do not warn you about cancellations, if you call to cancel an appoinment with this doctor, he will drop you as patient. He is about the money, not the patient. I work midnights and slept late, and called to see if I could rebook, the office secretary told me if I could make it in 40 minutes. I live in South Surrey, and this was at the height of traffic hour. I work across the street at the hospital. They told me to find another doctor where I live. He basically wanted me to break my neck to keep that appointment, there are other doctors that care more about the patient, my suggestion is to use someone else. In my estimation he has an average grasp of his practice, nothing remarkable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

To the poster below. I apologize and meant no harm, only to say that in a Province where it is already difficult to see a specialist, a stern and very efficient receptionist who questions a lot makes it only harder. I am sure she is a nice person and Dr. Fishman is a fabulous physician. No offense was intended. Hope that helps.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

I recently saw Dr. Fishman for a colonoscopy. He found a poly so small, that I've since been told by two other doctors that many would have missed it. Thanks to Dr. Fishman, the cancer has been caught very early and I have a much higher chance of making a full recovery. Thanks Dr. Fishman!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2011

I am one of the fortunte patients to be referred to Doctor Fishman. Very professional,and understanding and kind.If you ever need a colonoscopy make sure you see Doctor Martin Fishman.I hope he lives a long time.I'll be going back to to get another one in 5 years. The Staff at the Richmond General Ambulatory (Same Day) Surgery must have be made from the same clay as Doctor Fishman. Many thanks Ladies. Kenny

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2011

What can I say....Dr. Fishman is the best doctor I've ever met in my life. He is so warm, friendly, and genuinely caring. However, the receptionist he has has a serious attitude problem. I have found her to be verrry unfriendly and RUDE on numerous occasions. I wish he'd get a new receptionist, then maybe i'll want to come back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2011

I have had my collonoscopy and polupectomy done by Dr. Fishman yesterday. I find the whole procedure very easy, well handled, calm and there was no pain. Dr Fishman was very kind, attentive, professional, polite, very knowledgeable. He was above my expectation and one that is unusual. My experience with the nurses at more than one section of Richmond General was below my expectation. A doctor like Fishman was a great example of patient care and consistancy. I would highly recommend Dr. Fishman to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1292354].votes_count ]]