Rate Dr. William Parker

Dr. William Parker's Ratings

My small fibroid grew over the last eight years into multiple fibroids of 13 large and small, total 3 pounds, the size of 5 months pregnancy, the size which I could no longer hide. My first surgical consultation was with Dr. K. She recommended a hysterectomy. Even with myomectomy, she said, it is possible that she might have to remove part or all of my uterus while I was under anesthesia. But because I was determined not to lose my organ, I prayed and kept searching for a surgeon who could help me. I found Dr. Parker while I was reading his online Kindle book, "Fibroids: A Gynecologist's Second Opinion." The book was sufficient for me to learn everything I need to know about my fibroid, its treatment, and the outcome of a surgery. I knew the search was over with Dr. Parker. Dr. Parker did an abdominal myomectomy procedure (through an 11 cm bikini incision) on me six weeks ago. I am 44 years old. I have been recovering very well: I work, run, drive long distances, and don't get tired easily as I used to before the surgery. Most of all, I don't have any of the symptoms I had before the surgery! Dr. Parker is not only gifted in what he does but he is also kind and friendly, a man of humility with empathy. I would confidently recommend Dr. Parker to anyone with a fibroid of any size, especially those who were recommended to remove the organ.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2575093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr. Parker took more time getting to know me and my symptoms and goals (and answering my questions) than any other health care professional I’ve ever met. He was brilliant, honest, candid, open, forthright and even funny. After a horrible year of struggle with my 3 fibroids (2 at 5 cm, 1 at 13 cm), I am now two weeks post-op, my four incisions are tiny and I’m pain free — all thanks to Dr. Parker. Despite being told by a top surgeon that a hysterectomy was my only option, my fibroids are already a fading memory and all of my organs are intact. My recovery was measured in days, not weeks. I now spend my nights actually sleeping rather than in the bathroom, and my energy has returned. These great reviews — and Dr. Parker — are the real deal, and I am living, grateful proof of his expertise. Dr. Parker is more than someone who operates on your organs… and you are more than some organs to be operated on. In the caring hands of Dr. Parker, you are treated as a human being. If you are reading this, you’ve already wasted enough time on your fibroids. Call Dr. Parker now and get your life back.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2569789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

When I decided to have surgery to remove fibroids, I sought out the best myomectomy doctor. I even googled the phrase, “Best myomectomy surgeon in California.” Dr. Parker’s name popped up everywhere. After spending a good deal of time researching him and reading his website, I called to schedule a consultation. Like everyone else mentioned, he required that I have an MRI before he met with me. That was totally fine with me because our consultation was really indepth and he explained exactly where the fibroids were and how he planned to remove them. He has a great personality and he understood that preserving my fertility was the main objective.
I, of course, consulted with other surgeons as well, but none could compare. I wanted someone whose full time job was myomectomy surgery. Dr. Parker was just the person – his full time job is performing gynecological surgeries and he also teaches the procedures. He is the guru! From the moment I went in for my consultation, I knew Dr. Parker was the person to perform my myomectomy. I felt totally comfortable and confident that he would successfully perform the surgery. He performed the surgery in about 2 hours and removed 15 fibroids. After surgery, Dr. Parker let me know how everything went. I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights. Dr. Parker called me each night that I was in the hospital to see how I was feeling and he came to see me the day he discharged me. I was sent home with a pump connected to my incision that dripped pain meds for about 5 days. The pump was a life saver. I literally had no pain. I had discomfort, but no actual pain. My incision seriously looks amazing! His suturing technique was much better than expected, the scar is barely noticeable. I am so happy to have found Dr. Parker and I look forward to letting him know when our little one is on the way. If you have fibroids and need or want them removed, find a way to see Dr. Parker!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Absolutely wonderful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

I can't say enough just how thankful I am for Dr. Parker and to have found him thru his website. He is the most caring, compassionate and kindest physician I have ever met. With his outstanding skills, his knowledge and experience, he makes a wide variety of treatments available for women with uterine fibroids you can not find anywhere else.

Since ever I found out I had fibroids more then 10 years ago (I'm 44 now) I was told the only option I had was to undergo a hysterectomy. One of the worst things every doctor would say to me was that I should consider a hysterectomy due to my age. I absolutely did not want a hysterectomy no matter what age. Instead I lived with my fibroids and the pain and discomfort they were causing. One fibroid grew extremely large in size and the pain and abdominal discomfort was growing with it. I went thru extreme cramping during my cycles every month. I couldn't fit into my clothes anymore, even gained nearly 20 pounds. I would only wear baggy clothes, so not to show my huge abdomen and would constantly be asked if I was expecting. Once again I went to seek treatment. I could tell the gynecologist I consulted reluctantly agreed to a myomectomy. She told me she would need to make a vertical as well as horizontal abdominal cut, she would only remove the large fibroid and leave the other ones. I wasn't very confident in her skills and was discouraged to follow thru.

I had previously researched online for fibroid doctors when I came across Dr. Parkers website. I finally decided I needed to contact him. He was my last hope. It was really easy to set up an appointment and from the moment I met Dr. Parker it was clear I made the right decision. He discussed the different treatments available without even once mentioning that I needed a hysterectomy. It was very comforting. He is very positive, a great listener and so easy to talk to. He recommended an abdominal myomectomy thru a bikini incision and assured me he would remove all fibroids. Two month after my first meeting with Dr. Parker I had my surgery. I knew I was in the best hands possible. Dr. Parker removed a 20x17x11 cm, almost 4 pound fibroid as well as several smaller ones. My hospital stay was two days. I am two weeks post op now and feel like a whole new person. I am recovering extremely well. When the nurse practitioner removed my sutures she even mentioned Dr. Parkers uses the same skin closure techniques as a plastic surgeon to minimize scarring. I couldn't be happier. Dr. Parker's care was exceptional. He called me every night while I was in the hospital to see how I was doing and personally checked in with me every day. In case I had any questions he always returned my phone calls and answered my emails almost immediately. I am very proud to say I am Dr. Parker's patient. He genuinely and deeply cares for his patients. Don't even hesitate for a moment to see Dr. Parker even if it means traveling to do so. It is well worth it. I would like to give my heartfelt thank you to Dr. Parker, his office staff as well as the entire staff at UCLA Medical Center Santa Monica for the amazing care I received before, during and after the surgery. Dr. Parker made a new life possible for me and words cannot express how grateful I am.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr. Parker is an amazing and talented surgeon who cares about his patients. I developed fibroids in my twenties. Fearful of surgery in such a delicate area, I opted to “wait and see”. By 2013, my largest fibroid had grown to be 10.8cm and almost 2lbs. It became a profound source of anxiety and a huge (literally and figuratively) mental, physical, and emotional burden. After a less than favorable consultation visit with a robotic surgeon, I did more research and found Dr. Parker. When I met with Dr. Parker, he was patient, down-to-earth, humble, and personable. He took the time to answer my questions in a way that exhibited his experience and expertise. Long story short, I had a laparoscopic myomectomy on June 5, 2014. Dr. Parker removed 3 fibroids and a right paraovarian cyst during a 3hr surgery without the necessity for a blood transfusion. In conclusion, I am relieved and thankful that Dr. Parker is there to help women like me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447171].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr. William Parker is a very skilled surgeon. If you need a surgery to remove the fibroids, then Dr. Parker is the one you should go too to get it done right and less pain!! Thank you Dr. Parker for everything you done for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

"Dr. Parker got me through my fibroid removal with piece of mind.I researched for someone who can take them out with a less invasive way.Dr. Parker's name came up, and after I read about him, I decided to see him. Then when I met him, I knew I had the right doctor for me. Dr. Parker is a skilled and knowledgeable Doctor/Surgeon, who has a complete package to offer his patients.His warmth, kindness, understanding and compassion puts him in a complete package as a healer. He understood my medical issues completely and told me that I was not a candidate for hysterectomy and because of my Interstitial Cystithis, it was best to do the least invasive method which was Laparoscopic Myomectomy.I was elated, and my anxiety dissipated. After surgery he came to see me in the hospital, and he kept in touch with me by email after I went home. His positive energy and being a great human being first and great doctor second allowed me to heal and recover quickly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

EVER-GRATEFUL and BEYOND FORTUNATE am I to have been referred to Dr. Parker! Dr. Parker’s credentials are unparalleled! His vast knowledge of uterine fibroids and available treatments, along with his extensive experience in the surgical field are undeniable. From my informative initial consultation to my post-surgery follow ups, I felt assured and informed every step of the way. Dr. Parker patiently answered my countless questions, shared diagrams and articles to further support those answers, went over my MRI results in-depth and even gave me a “high-five” right before my laparoscopic myomectomy! Surgery was a success…and he even phoned me the next morning to check-in! 6 weeks post-surgery and I feel fantastic! My scars are minimal, my energy restored and my mind is at ease. I am back to engaging in an active life. Ladies, I encourage you to be proactive in your healthcare! Seek the healing hands of Dr. Parker! He is truly an expert in his field. I whole-heartedly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr. William Parker is a doctor that is truly skilled, knowledgeable and compassionate in what he does I would have never felt comfortable going to my own obgyn doctor. It took me 4 years of research to finally get enough nerve to make the decision to have my fibroids taken out after a 7 year “wait and see period. I made my decision to fly 3000 miles to Santa Monica to see Dr. Parker. I met with Dr. Parker for apx an hour discussing my many options, not once did he mention having a hysterectomy unlike my own doctor and the many other doctors before; I finally felt comfortable and convinced to enlist him as my doctor. I knew I was making the right decision. I chose to have the myomectomy and the rest is history. Dr Parker took out 13 fibroids weighing in at 3lbs. I no longer look six months pregnant! Thank you Dr. Parker for all that you do. Your compassion, knowledge and expertise as a surgeon is refreshing. You are truly a gifted surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447167].votes_count ]]