Rate Dr. Mona Attalla

Dr. Mona Attalla's Ratings

She is very patient, willing to listen, absolutely helpful. She has helped my whole family for serious illnesses as well as regular ones. She has never failed us and has always been able to secure good specialists if we needed one. I find her staff to be absolutely caring and proactive. I think that sometimes people,especially when they are sick, can be rude or full of expectations while visiting the doctors office and they treat staff poorly. What goes around comes around.

Submitted July 18, 2011 | flag

I went to this Dr over the past 3 years. She has never provided me with any medical expertise on any health issue I have attempted to discuss with her. I had swelling in both my legs, and she just poked them, and shrugged her shoulders. She is quick to leave, and always forwards prescriptions to her husband's attached pharmacy without asking otherwise.

Submitted July 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Attalia is $$$ first care second. anything she can bill you for she can. she doesnt even tell you will be billed (in the cases the procedure/test) is not covered by OHIP. secondly, as another member put it, she is very reluctant to refer you to specialists, which doesn't help since she is not very knowledgeable herself! Absolute worst!

Submitted Dec. 25, 2010 | flag

Dr. Attalla is a very kind doctor. Her quiet demeanor gets misinterpreted but if you ask and share with her your concerns she is a great listener. Yes, sometimes it seems "rushed" but that is just my personal opinion because (thankfully) my reason to see her is not serious. There was a time, however, I had lots of questions and she took time to answer them and eased my mind. I wish I could speak for the front desk girls (or just a girl). Her staff needs to learn to smile and some common courtesy.

Submitted April 8, 2010 | flag

Dr. Attalla needs to find better staff immediately and improve her communication skills. My wife had a serious condition that required a blood test, which would take two days to process. The nurse told us that we could call and get the result over the phone- which I thought was weird, so I repeated that to her and she assured me that we could. When we called we were told that no, we couldn't get the result over the phone, we had to come in. I asked if we had to make an appointment, and the receptionist said no, we didn't, we could walk in and get the result. My wife went to the office but when she arrived, she was told no, that wasn't true, she had to see the doctor for the result. My wife would have gladly made an appointment, but was told she didn't have to. When she complained, she was told it was a "miscommunication" and she ended up waiting 45 mins to see the doctor, who only shrugged when my wife complained. Definitely looking for a new family doctor.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2009 | flag

She is a kind and gentle doctor. Her receptionists are a bit saucy but very helpful when necessary. Her wait times are long and if you can get a better doctor you may want to try, but if you need a family doctor now she is not a bad choice - especially if you are a woman without a family.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2009 | flag

This is the worst doctor and the worst staff I have ever seen in my life. The receptionist is extremely rude and unhelpful. I cannot believe that she is still employed there. I went to the Dr for 2 years complaining of terrible health problems and instead of performing a simple blood test that would have diagnosed my serious problem she prescribed anti depressants. Finally after MY REQUEST she performed a test that in my opinion she be routine and we finally discovered what was wrong with me. 2 years of suffering, unable to work or live a normal life. I had an xray done and she told me there was nothing wrong. I got a copy of the test from the surgeon and she failed to disclose an important diagnoses. She seems to not listen, doesn't look at you and just types very slowly on her computer. I am always left wondering if she is hearing me. She speaks softly, hard to understand. She gives you attitude if you ask any questions. She is a disaster and completely unknowledgable. Avoid!!!

Submitted Aug. 28, 2009 | flag

NEVER GO HERE! I became a patiant when my husband was out of town and fully expected him to be acepted when he returned but they refused. He went in to be looked at after haveing some heart issues and was told that he would need a family doctor and they could not help. He could have had a heart attack! They refuse to make appointments that require you to be wieghed after 4pm because it is too much work for one staff member...ha! Everytime I would call the front staff we extreamly rude and uncaring. She sucked her teeth at me. NEVER GO HERE! The Dr. is a very low and quiet talker so she is difficult to understand. She does not like being ask to clarify what she said. Durring my pregnancy they very difficult to deal with and unflexable. NEVER GO HERE!

Submitted Aug. 28, 2009 | flag

I saw Dr. Attalla 3 times after my doctor of 32 years retired. I knew I would never get the kind of care I was used to, however was not prepared for my totally uncaring experience here. I must agree with the other posts regarding the rudeness of the receptionist. She does not seem in the least interested in helping with even the smallest request. This is only matched by the disinterest shown by the doctor. The final straw for me was my physical which resulted in a total of 7 minutes face time with the Dr. Having had the best care for my entire adult life, I well know that this doctor is not interested in providing even the provincial base line requirements. This office appears only interested in maximizing the billing system. My opinion, do everything you can to find another family physician. I am one of the lucky ones- a personal friend is in the medical profession and was able to recommend me to a new and caring family doctor.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2009 | flag

poor knowledge of chronic pain management of elderly. tends to over medicates the elderly making problems worse. Lack of phone contact creates unnecessary trips to her office. Seems disorganized. would not recommend her for the elderly. Pleasant personality.

Submitted June 29, 2009 | flag