Dr. Falah Maroun

Rate Dr. Falah Maroun

Dr. Falah Maroun's Ratings

First time I saw him, he was polite. The other few times, not so nice. He brought in a lot of interns without my knowledge or permission or even proper introduction. Felt bombarded alone with them. Almost tricked as I thought I was seeing him. Otherwise, he could not help much with my problem just ordering physio after physio was done.

Submitted April 1, 2011 | flag

An angel..... After being diagnosed six years ago with a Brain Tumor... I was in awe and thought my life was over. After CT Scans and the reassurance of this Doctor, he told me that it was benign... I am still here and he thoroughly rechecks on a year basis. He has been so comforting and uplifting. Thank God for Dr. Mauroun.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr.Maroun did my operation 11 years ago.I have seen him at least once a year since.He has always been there to answer my questions.To me he is and always will be the best Neurosurgeon Newfoundland has ever had.

Submitted July 15, 2010 | flag

He did my first operation[9 yrs ago]on my back & it was good,butIhave problems again in my back he has been very helpful he's thinking I may need a fusion,I have no problem getting it providing he does it, he says he won't be doing it but will be there when it's being done.he's the only one I have any faith in

Submitted Feb. 27, 2010 | flag

I waited 8 months to see this specialist and after the first question, he told me that I was seeing the wrong doctor and asked me if I had blood work done. My family doctor did not send me for blood work and then he left me in the room with unanswered questions. After 10 minutes, a resident came into the room and asked me why I was still here because the doctor was finished with me. I asked the resident what am I suppose to do now and he said I would get a call but he didn't know from who. I waited all those months to see the wrong specialist and the least he could have done was to refer me to the right doctor and not have to wait another 8 months. My family doctor did not get a call from him to tell her what my next option is and she wants to wait to hear from Dr. Maroun. This is outragious.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2010 | flag

My mother suffered a ruptured aneurysm of the distal pica at the age of 82. We were advised by physicians in the ER that her prognosis was very poor. When Dr. Maroun saw her, he came to us and told us what needed to be done in order to properly assess the problem and determine appropriate management. After her angiogram, he thoroughly explained the options available and the likely risks of each and left the decision to us. Immediately following the surgery, he came out and spoke with our family and explained what he encountered and what he was able to do during the surgery. He was calm, approachable and understanding. Although mom's condition was extremely rare, Dr. Maroun knew precisely what she had. I cannot express how grateful our family is to have had Dr. Maroun's knowledge, talent and skill during this medical crisis. We are forever in his debt. A true miracle worker if ever there was one!

Submitted Sept. 11, 2009 | flag

I would like to say this, although I really don't remember much about Dr. Maroun, I will never forget what he has done. He gave me a chance when so many other doctors had given up, and in effect written me a death sentence. I was born prematurely and suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, then was diagnosed with hydrocephalus at age 3 months. No doctor in Quebec, or New Brunswick expected me to survive. And almost 33 years later, I am still here. I wish I could see Dr. Maroun in person to say "thank you for giving me a second chance at life."

Submitted Aug. 30, 2009 | flag

I would not be here today without Dr. Maroun. He saved my life 29 years ago, when I was only five weeks old. I could never thank him enough for all he did for me and for my parents, both when I was an infant and throughout my childhood and adolescence. Newfoundland is lucky to have him.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2009 | flag

I saw this doctor several times for back issue. Did not find him helpful not did he order any useful tests that may have helped to diagnose the problem. I heard he is good with brain surgery but was not helpful to my back situation.

Submitted March 7, 2009 | flag

First I want to say that Lucas adores you! You work so hard, such long hours and dedicate yourself so much that it amazes our family and we feel that you are such a spectacular doctor! we have learned that you are a incredible family man as well...which makes you very special because we know how important family is to you and how each child you care for takes a special place in your heart. There is a reason why Lucas brings a snack for you at each appointment and that is because even he recognizes that you have put so much time into helping your patients that you don't even get time for lunch for yourself most of the time....You have put so many hours into helping our little boy and we want to thank you so much for every single moment you have cared for him. Lucas is still in your care right now and we are still putting our trust in you to help get our little man better. There really isn't enough we can say to let you know how much we appreciate you...We have so much love for you xo!

Submitted Jan. 5, 2009 | flag