Dr. Franco Leoni

Rate Dr. Franco Leoni

Dr. Franco Leoni's Ratings

I have had (2) consultations with Dr. Leoni and feel very comfortable with both himself and his staff. Dr Leoni introduces himself very well and answers any questions I may have. I feel very fortunate to have him as my physician.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2013 | flag

Went in for two scopes to try and figure out why I was having pain for two years. The first one there was "nothing" and the second one I had bleeding on the left side of my colon. Finally I was able to get into a specialist only to find that this "bleeding" on the left side was severe endometriosis. When asked about the bleeding, I was told it was nothing. I was also hospitalized for a week, and was pushed to go home, when my family doctor wanted me to stay because the pain was unbearable, and I would keep going into emergency anyways. Not very satisfied.

Submitted May 6, 2013 | flag

Thank you for listening Dr. Leoni! You are an angel. After waiting 6 mths in Edmonton with an acute gall bladder and a surgery date no earlier than in July, you and your staff were amazing and I am finally going to be out of pain. As a single mom I can't tell you how grateful I am for your help. Your staff were kind and concerned and I felt like I was dealing with a very close family.

Submitted May 3, 2013 | flag

I have been referred to Dr. Leoni twice (severe acid reflux and umbilical hernia). He refused to help me because I am overweight. He actually said "come back when you lose weight". He does not know me but assumes I just need to watch what I eat and exercise. I will not go to him again nor would I recommend him to anyone. Overweight people deserve medical treatment too.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2012 | flag

We are lucky to have such a skilled surgeon in Camrose! Is he blunt, yes. And yes he has a European sense of humor. He does blame a lot on excessive weight, but he is correct. The vast majority of North Americans are over weight! Thank you to Dr. Leoni for all he has done for this community!

Submitted Oct. 20, 2011 | flag

An excellent surgeon who saved my life twice and that of my husband in early 2011

Submitted Aug. 12, 2011 | flag

Famous for blaming everything on gall bladder if he can't find anything else. Finally seen doctor in Edmonton said gall bladder was healthy and should never been removed. dr. in edmonton said there are alot of gall bladders removed in camrose. ask how many gall bladders he takes out in a month. very arrogant.

Submitted June 17, 2010 | flag

I had 3 colonoscopys done by Dr. Leooni and I found him to be very clear, and professional in his care and attitude. I also had a small cancerous tumor in my lower colon and he suggested we try to remove it through the anus (excellent suggestion as I exited the hospital later that afternoon) and no pain and tumor gone as well. Would recommend this surgeon to anyone. Personal note: His son was in the 2006 Winter Olympics and competed in Dr. Leoni's home country.

Submitted April 5, 2010 | flag

Dr Leoni performed surgery on my father who was diagnosed with colon cancer. My family was extremely impressed with Dr. Leoni's confidence, frankness and European humour. I am so glad he was the one to perform the operation. He visited my father 2x's a day to see about his progress and was genuinely concerned about his weight and getting him on a diet following his recovery. He is a terrific surgeon.

Submitted April 2, 2010 | flag

I saw Dr Leoni for a hernia repair and a mini Tummy Tuck, He was a great Dr very helpfull and I would recomened him to anyone!!! He did a great job on my Tummy I love it He always answered my questions in full and his staff were very helpfull as well. I can not thank him enough for what he did for me!

Submitted March 15, 2010 | flag