Dr. Khalil Asayesh

Rate Dr. Khalil Asayesh

Dr. Khalil Asayesh's Ratings

I consulted Dr. Asayesh for Anxiety symptoms. We had two half-an-hour sessions when I filled in some diagnostic forms. I was, ultimately, diagnosed with Hyperactivity (partial ADHD) on the basis of information provided in those forms. Prescribed with 'Concerta'. Taking it for a month now and feeling much better. Better focusing and lesser hyper-ness. Means it was not Anxiety. People of his age, position and social status usually become strict, straight-forward and to-the-point. They usually treat youngers as their own children/students. Don't be offended! I was expecting, before seeing the 'Psychiatrist', that there will be long sessions in a low light room, over a comfortable couch, where I’ll tell the Psychiatrist my history and then he’ll help me with hypnotism and I’ll be cured! Nothing happened like that and he prescribed me with medicine that I am taking regularly and doing good. Our expectations hurt!

Submitted May 9, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Khalil by my Ob/Gyn during my pregnancy. Having suffered from bouts of depression since my teens, my Ob/Gyn wanted to know how likely I was to suffer post-partum depression. Dr. Khalil talked to me for about 10 min and then recommended I start preventative treatment immediately and take anti-depression drugs right after birth. At the time, I couldn't believe I would suffer post-partum. I felt angry with the doctor for suggesting there was something wrong with me. I felt great during my pregnancy and hadn't needed anti-depression meds for over a year, so I refused treatment. That was a mistake. It turns out Dr. Khalil knew me better than I did. I have now been battling post-partum for over 2 years.

Submitted July 22, 2013 | flag

Submitted June 4, 2012 | flag

I took my mom to Dr. Asayesh who was of no help to her. He just perscribed drugs to her in 5 mins of talking to her but refused to give me a diagnosis on paper. She has since seen a REAL doctor who has diagnosed her with Dementia. Do yourself a favor. Avoid this doctor. He should be retired.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

first time i seen him,in 10 min he prescribed meds then i was out the door,how can a doctor like that still be working,i think hes a danger to people and should not be working anymore

Submitted April 9, 2011 | flag

THIS DOCTOR ONLY PUSHES PILLS AND DOES NOT CARE WHY YOU ARE THERE TO SEE HIM. HE PUTS YOU OFF WHEN YOU ASK QUESTIONS AND JUST TELLS YOU TO COME BACK AGAIN FOR MORE PILLS. HE SHOULD RETIRE.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2011 | flag

This doctor is probably the worst psychiatrist I have ever met. Not only does he not know how to diagnose any mental illnesses he's also very ignorant and set in his 1920's ways. All he knows is how to prescribe medication. He did not believe that I have depression, he caused me to have an anxiety attack by saying I was being crazy. Seriously a psychiatrist telling a depressed person there crazy is a little messed up dont you think. And yes his receptionist doesnt return your calls or ever pick up the phone. Its sad that someone like him holds such a high status in our society. Its people like him that give psychiatrist names such shrink and quack. I hate to say it but if you ever see this doctor RUN, for he only makes things worse.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2010 | flag

I would have to agree that this Dr does not fully diagnose, before prescribing medication. I was diagnosed and prescribed medication within 5 minutes of meeting him for the first time and out the door in under 10 minutes. My second appointment again was less than 10 minutes and cosnsisted of a change in prescription. When I had an adverse reaction to the new medication, his secretary (her ratings are spot on) was of little help and I had to argue with her to have the Dr. call me back. The Dr's solution, change medication. When I did get a hold of the doctor to discuss the violent hallucinations I was experinecing,he told me and I quote 'I am between patients and don't have time to discuss it with you. When I asked what his diagnoses was based on, he was offended and told me not to call him anymore. This is by far the worst Dr. of any type I have ever visited. He is a dangerous, pill happy monster who is simply in it for the paycheque. He cares little about his patients well being.

Submitted March 8, 2010 | flag

He is very polite very understanding and he does nto prescribe any meds. He did nt give me any medications! He said I am fin adn he listens very careful and he is super nice and very caring :)

Submitted Feb. 21, 2010 | flag

I don't know what went wrong with all the bad mouthers of Dr. A. This is the nicest doctor, very empathetic, he listens, he laughs. Yes he will give you meds, but that's why we go to him. NO? Ever think it might be your attitude and not his? I don't remember the secretary that everyone says was or is rude. I always thought his staff were very nice and also had a sense of humour.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2009 | flag