Rate Dr. Shannon Heitritter

Dr. Shannon Heitritter's Ratings

Dr. Heitritter is wonderful! I have been seeing her now for about 4 years for thyroid issues and she just has an amazing energy and I always feel better after seeing her. I feel that she really listens and takes the time to listen and hear what is going on with her patients. I HIGHLY recommend her to friends!!! This woman should teach other doctors about bedside manner.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Heitritter is amazing and surely among the best Endocrinologists a Type 1 Diabetic could hope for. She completely turned my diabetic life around, something no other doctor has been able to do for me. Anyone with diabetes should give her a visit if they're serious about improving their management and life.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2011 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Heitritters since she came to the Polyclinic. As a diabetic I've learned that this disease is a marathon not a sprint. Dr. Heitritter has helped me manage this disease by use of excercise, diet and an ever decreasing relience on drugs. She has helped educate me, guide me and prod me into making good life choices. As my diabetes becomes more under control, I see her less but I guess that is the goal.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2010 | flag

I went through several endocrinologists who were not helfpul and had no answers for my unexplained weight gain and inability to lose weight. After only one appointment Dr. Heitritter diagnosed my metabolic disorder and the medication she prescribed has had me losing 2 pounds per week with no other changes. I feel so much better and have lost 40lbs so far. She went to Harvard Medical and is very well educated and very nice. I like her very much and she has changed my life forever!

Submitted July 5, 2010 | flag

Dr. Heitritter is an outstanding endocrinologist she is personable, caring and very current with the latest endocrine treatment protocols. I have Hashimotos autoimmune thyroditis that did not present with "classic" symptoms and she has listened to my symptoms to help me find the correct medications for me to be symptom free. I would recommend her to anyone.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2009 | flag

I had gone through a thyroid storm, and been passed around different docs by the time I got to her. She immediately got me diagnosed with Graves Disease, and had me on beta blockers to control the symptoms while I waited for final diagnostic tests. She has been a god send. No other doc listened to my symptoms, or really tried to help me. I recommend her to everyone.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2009 | flag

Dr. Heitritter is an excellent doctor. She makes me feel totally comfortable and seems do be very sincere. I didn't feel like just a number like I do with other doctors in a clinic atmosphere. I have always been treated with respect by the staff.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2009 | flag

Shannon is attentive, knowledgeable and astute. She was able to help me after years of not getting results elsewhere. Not only does she really listen, she can guide you in an effective treatment plan. Excellent results for a long term thryoid problem.

Submitted May 14, 2009 | flag

Dr. Heitritter is an exceptional doctor that listens to and educates her patients. I see her for several endocrine issues and have been completely satisfied with her professionalism and knowledge. She is always cheerful and friendly and is accessible - showing a willingness to discuss questions, issues and concerns with you, refer you to appropriate resources, and come up with a treatment plan that works effectively. As I’ve found over the years not all doctors are a good fit. It took me a half a dozen doctors before I was accurately diagnosed and it was my own perseverance in finding the answers to my illness that led me to great doctors and appropriate treatments. I highly recommend her!

Submitted Nov. 21, 2008 | flag

She is the best! I feel very well cared for by her and her staff esp. her receptionist,Rhonda. I am in control of my type2 diabetes thanks to her POSITIVE attitude and extensive knowledge.A++++

Submitted Jan. 24, 2008 | flag