Rate Dr. Jose M. Pires

Dr. Jose M. Pires's Ratings

when I first met this doctor I was unsure if he was a real doctor due to his good looks lol I hade a hernia operation done with him and he did a amazing job he took the time to go into my old c-section scar so I wouldn't have a new one it blends right into my old scar and will be back in my bikini soon his bedside manor is fantastic I have really bad anxiety and he was so calming would defiantly recommend him and would go back to him in the future if I need to or maybe just to see his pretty face lol

Submitted April 24, 2014 | flag

I had my gald bladder removed Oct 30,2013. From time I walked in to the Montfort hospital I was treated like gold. I wish I knew the staff members who took care of me so I could thank them all.Dr Pires was excellent from pre op to follow up.I am having a small problem and Dr.Pires was fantastic clearing his schedule next day to see me. His follow is continuing on pace his bedside manor was excellent. I as well am overweight and he did not make any reference to this at all. I would recommend this Surgeon and the staff to anyone thanks DR.Pires and Staff for a great job and taking good care of my needs. I will be making a donation in your name to the Montfort Hospital foundation thanks again.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Pires for 2 years now and I have to say that he has impecable bedside manner and in my opinion, he is a top surgeon. He has always been very kind and very patient with me. Highly recommended.

Submitted April 26, 2013 | flag

I was operared by Dr Pires for rectal cancer and he did an awful job. He punctured my bladder during the operation and I ended up with a great blood loss. For a simple procedure I ended up with 4 operations in three weeks and over a year later I am still having problems. He is not to be recommended for rectal cancer patients. He also blamed every problem on me saying I was fat. I almost left my life at the hospital and as far as quality of life now I don't have one, thanks to him. Never going to deal with him again.

Submitted March 13, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Pires by my family doctor for gall stone removal. I went for a laparoscopy procedure and he removed my gallbladder. His office is organized. Both he and his staff are polite, understanding and professional. My questions and concerns were well-addressed. The procedure was non-invasive and there were no complications. As a patient with fibromyalgia, I was terrified that it would be a painful procedure and was hesitant to undergo the surgery. This is a condition that causes long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. At the first sign of pain post-procedure, I was able to be seen by him immediately and reassured that it was a part of the healing process. In less than a month, I was fully recovered. I am very pleased with his work and would recommend him to anyone. It makes me feel as though I want something else to be wrong so that he can take care of me again haha!

Submitted Feb. 22, 2013 | flag

I have seen a few other surgeons regarding my issue...complex Fistual in Anal. I have day surgery twice for this issue by other doctors who did not listen, and were in fact arrogant and beligerant and made a few errors which lead to the issue becoming more complex. Dr. Pires is nothing like any surgeon I have ever met. He LISTENED. He BELIEVED. He gave me such a feeling of trust, and credibility, and his knowledge and he read me quickly to know what I needed from him to feel comfortable. All rare to find these days. His explaination of what is going on (we did MRI as well), his show of respect, his answers and patience with my million questions...and the options he gave me were realistic. HE is indeed a man who walks his talk and talks his walk. I would highly recommend this Dr. to everyone. We are not going the surgery route at this time due to the complexity since the percentage of being incontinent will be high.....so we have spoken of the other options. A+++

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

June 2012 Lumpectomy and lymph node Very good explanations as to what will come, polite and everything done in very timely fashion . Felt very reassured by all he said.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2012 | flag

Have complete confidence in this doctor. Dr. Pires has a great understanding of his patients needs.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2012 | flag

He has made a mistake in removing a kyst and when it was brought to his intention he wanted to be paid extra to correct his error. To make matters worse, the original minor surgery and follow up were principally performed by an internist (under his supervision) and the follow up was done by the ward nurse as he was so late arriving for our appointment He is a haughty individual, more concerned with his appearance than in the care of his patients.

Submitted April 4, 2012 | flag

This surgeon is everything I look for in a doctor. He saved my life! I had locally advanced rectal cancer, & I tend to doctor shop. I decided to go with him rather than another so called expert doctor at the General hospital - that one was so full of himself and seemed to talk more to protect himself from lawsuits than help me. Dr. Pires took the time to explain the operation, & complications. He suggested waiting & giving radiation and chemo instead of rushing into surgery because he knew it would help me more even if it would make his operation more difficult. He was patient, understanding, modest and saw me everyday after surgery. He was down-to-earth and approachable and very very knowledgable. His type of operation left me with nearly NO scar! He warned me that the dangerous type of operation had a higher chance of complications and decided to give me a iliostomy(a temporary sac) to let things heal properly. I am now back to my old life. Thank you for treating me humanely.Youre#1

Submitted June 23, 2011 | flag