Dr. Suneil Kapur

5 1 3.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Suneil Kapur

Dr. Suneil Kapur's Ratings

failed to listen to my concerns & needs. failed to have an intelligent conversation with me raguarding different treatment options (actually made a rude joke to his assistant about side effects instead!!). ended up on prednisone for over a year when I didn't need to because of his incompetence. now finally got a referral to another doctor & happy to be moving on.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr Kapur is compassionate and kind. The shortage of rheumatologists makes the wait long,but a person feels very cared for. Dr Kapur even took the time to search for funding for the infusion drug that has improved my quality of live by ninety percent. I feel very lucky to have him as a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I have been a patient of his for about 3-4 years. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, I have just recycle back through the medications I was prescribed from previous rheumatologist, I am neither here nor there with him, he seems like a very nice man. he does take his time with patients though however he absolutely does not spend as much time with his younger patients as he does the older ones. He has not done anything for me, I cycle in and out of flare ups. The 4+ hour wait times are just ridiculous and unnecessary, someone is not booking properly. I have to take a full day off work and travel to Ottawa every 4 months and really do not get anything from these appointments, I guess I just don't complain enough. Last appointment was for 12:30 pm I waited to see him until 4:40 pm, no exam this time I was in my car by 5:00 pm, waist of time!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2729407].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Always late but always gives you the time you need, which I respect. He is great to deal with as long as you are not in a hurry.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

He is a nice guy and a knowledgeable rheumatologist but he is too busy, and his receptionist is not very helpful or friendly on the phone. It is hard to get an appointment to see him or reach him on the phone if ever you need to ask him a question during a disease flare-up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2661953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

Dr.Kapur is hands down the best rheumatologist in Ottawa. He takes his time with his patients and will try every single available treatment to help you. I am grateful for having found him and for all his help and support. We have finally found a treatment that works for my Psoriatic Arthritis. Ok, so he doesn't stay on schedule...I don't care if I have to wait 3 hours, he is worth it. I highly recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2600381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

I visited Dr. Kapur, the clinic was empty and his clerk was chatting with another girl, waited 3 hrs and doctor was inside with a male for 2 hrs, then i asked the clerk she told me that this is normal patient always waits for more than 2 hrs, then after 3 hrs i left without seeing the doctor, frustrated and decided not to see him again

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2507730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Hands down the best doctor I have ever been to! He truly cares about his patients and wants to see them get well. He has done miracles with my arthritis - 6 months ago I couldn't get out of bed and today I am almost completely back to normal! I often have to wait for quite a while before seeing him, but that is mostly because he never seems to turn anyone away. He takes almost all unscheduled drop-ins and this sets him back most days. I don't mind so much because he always takes as much time as necessary with me, and I know he rarely takes lunch or leaves the building until late in the evening. The first time I saw him was at midnight in the hospital! I feel extremely fortunate to have this man as my doctor! Thanks Dr. Kapur!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1321327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2012

Very understanding and knowledgable. He has helped me more with my fibromyalgia than any other doctor. He definitely runs behind schedule, but that is because he actually takes the time to listen...definitely not a revolving door, for which I am thankful. Do yourself a favour, pay for a full day of parking so you don't have to stress about it, and plan to be there a few hours. It's a shame Cybil is no longer there, but the current receptionist is perfectly lovely. A visit with Dr. Kapur is worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1321326].votes_count ]]