Rate Dr. Galina Vorobeychik

Dr. Galina Vorobeychik's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. V for close to eight years now. At first I had a hard time understanding her however she was very polite and kind as I was in a really difficult place. I find her very informative and supportive in any treatments she may suggest and will listen to my concerns. Her nurses are amazing. I cannot express how much I appreciate all they do and as a team they work well together. I have read some of the other reports and I can understand how some may take her as rude etc, however I believe she is a very thoughtful and kind person who wants to help ease any symptoms one may be having. Thank you Dr.V and your staff, it cannot be easy trying to help those of us with MS knowing as yet there is no cure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Best neuro I've ever seen. Smart, kind, thoughtful. When I've had to wait, it's because someone ahead of me needs more time. She's given me more time when I've needed it. Always seems to know what's new; steers me away from things that won't suit my needs. Tried a radical approach when I was sinking fast and saved my life. Nurses ALWAYS respond and are so helpful. Every patient I've ever talked to in waiting room thinks she's aces. Hospital staff can't say enough good things about her; she treats everyone with respect. Continuously upgrades education & knowledge base. I'd highly recommend her - you'd be lucky to have her. It's easy to be irritable when I'm sick. If I remember to treat people nicely, they'll respond in kind. Always has my best interests at heart but includes me in the process - asks me what's bothering me the most - how can she help? Great compassion, serious because her work is hard. I'd drive a long way to see her - she's worth it - times ten!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

She was dismissive and undervalued my symptoms. She seems to discriminate on the basis on her perception of a credibility issue, she links to her perception of mental health problems. She was impolite as well as her nurse practitioner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2013

I went in for a follow up after a trip to the ER. She said I needed to go for an MRI, but made it clear I was a low priority. I called Burnaby MRI 3 times to see when when I was scheduled and her neurology office never sent my requisition in. When I called her office they said it was sent so they didn't know why I wasn't scheduled. It took 1 month after my follow up, and 3 increasingly angry phone calls to finally get an MRI appointment. QUESTION HER ABOUT YOUR TREATMENT and FOLLOW UP!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

My neurologist was unavailable, and sadly I was seen by her. I found her so unpleasant!! Worst bedside manner I have EVER experienced. I found her incredibly rude and brusque. Did answer most of my questions, but in a very dismissive way. Staff ignored all of us in the waiting room, receptionist literally kept me waiting for nearly 10 minutes while on her computer. (would have been okay if she'd at least acknowledged me!) BAD doctor! Go elsewhere!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2012

Does not follow through on reports to family doctor....as stated before she does not know right hand from left hand..is not pleasant..can compwtley embrass and humilate a person in less than 4 minutes...couldn't diagnosis ms if it hit her in the head...then when she does see lessons on the brain..your told "your getting old" everyone has them at that age...then to top it all off she will say you need to exercise...would not recommend her in the least and is not helpful and when she gets caught in her own statements, she will come out with ...you must of misunderstood..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2012

Does not know what the right hand is doing, does no follow up on family doctors,as they don't know what she is doing, cause there is a communication breack down ,have been waiting a long time to deal with my med problems

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2012

I went to Dr. V. as a new patient. I found her to be very thorough in her questioning of my symptoms, she took more than an hour with me and then introduced me to a nurse for any follow up advice. I asked about CCSVI and she said she felt it was too early to see any clear difference. The patients she has seen have not all improved by this treatment and some have very adverse reactions. She seems principled, if she does not believe in something she will tell me straight out and save me potentially thousands of dollars. She said in the end it was up to me, but she needs to have more evidence, I think that's smart. There are some horror stories about people reverting back and she does not feel the risk is worth it. She did not treat me like I was crazy and the rest of the staff made me feel very comfortable and at ease. I was very nervous going in, but in no time the staff made me calm down with their kindness and humour. I would definitely recommend the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr.V is as good as all other Neuro's they have been trained to think that persons with MS are crazy and she is no different. She is good at making you feel like she is interested in new treatments but when CCSVI came about she showed her true Neuro colors. I like the nurses but they are also trained to think MSers are one brick or two short a load. I would like her even more if she ran tests to rule out all the other diseases that I may have like Lyme disease but she will not so I can't say she is thorough. I have had the MS label for years and I am almost positive it is lyme disease, but the clinic thinks that if you are crazy. My biggest complaint is the fact that she has not looked into other options and is not interested in making our lives better with CCSVI. And she is more than willing to write a scrip for something that is not confirmed. I wish she was more open minded and gave the patients credit for knowing their own bodies better than she does as I live in it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Dr. V is absolutely an amazing doctor with tonnes of knowledge. She is truly a saviour.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321573].votes_count ]]