Rate Dr. Jeanette Niemisto

Dr. Jeanette Niemisto's Ratings

My therapist from another clinic recommended me to see Dr. Niemisto. Apparently she has been sending people to see her for years because she trusted her and seen results. I didn't know what to expect, but really just like talking about my problems to a friend. I started a small dose of medication, and after a month or so felt better than I had in years! Instead of rasing that medication, she said I should start a small dose of another medication to create better balence. She called my therapist in between some visits, that made me feel more comfortable. Didn't want two medications, but it actually is working out even better. The other thing she did was ask me to stay overnight at a sleep center. So surprised to find out that I had sleep apnea, and this has also made a huge difference. So now she is keeping my treatment the same, but thinks I can come off the medications by summe, or least decrease. It is weird to think that I only have seen her like 4 times, others should know about her. It might not be the same problems, but she it surprised me how she did more deep look into things.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

Read on the Internet about different types of treatment for my depression and sleep. she talked about all of it, did not act like it was wrong of me, certain vitamins she even tested for me in my blood. She has genetic testing for medication, it is only $40, then it showed that I was better off on Pristiq then Effexor, which did work when I made the switch!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Dr. Niemisto has always treated me with kindness. She really knows what she is doing with medications. I have had three other psychiatrist before who never seemed to figure out exactly what I needed. They said I was depressed, but I really have post-traumatic stress disorder. Figuring this out got me in the right direction finally! Maybe it helps that she speaks English and is not foreign accent. And Karen at the front desk is cool, she always says don't worry, we will take care of you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2679644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

I really like going to Dr. Niemisto's office as it makes me feel welcome as soon as I walk in the door. Other places made me feel like I was just a number. She has treated me for almost 3 years and my family and friends have noticed a big difference in my mood and overall health. The staff is very nice and makes the visit go smooth. I have recommended Dr. Niemisto and the therapists at this office to friends that needed someone to talk to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2669021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

I have followed her when she left her other locations and moved here, because she is so good. Now I moved to Auburn Hills, but I still make a trip to see her. She has met with my husband to help him understand and this helped out our marriage.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2665663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Excellent doctor. Provides wonderful care and helpful education about mental illness. Office is comfortable and staff is friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Dr. Niemisto takes the time to listen to me and is helpful. She is caring and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Dr. Niemisto is a very caring doctor. She is very friendly and is very compassionate about what I'm dealing with at that moment. She always provides me with a comfortable atmosphere too. I would definitely recommend this doctor to any one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Dr. Niemisto has been helping me deal with my illness the last year. She always listens with a lot of understanding and has helped me improve so that my life is doing so much better. Also the receptionist who checks me into the office is friendly and makes the waiting area pleasant. I wish that I had found Dr. Niemisto years ago!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

I also had an awful experience with the front desk staff. The woman at the desk told me "that was impossible" when I showed up for my afternoon appointment when she said it was earlier. I told her that I would never schedule it for earlier that day as I had to work. She said that "that was impossible because she would never had to booked it without my agreement." Both of the women were catty and mean. I do not suffer from anxiety or other mental conditions besides depression. I can't even imagine the perception one would have if they suffer from other conditions. Dr. N is just OK in my book. When I was turned away for the appointment, I asked that the doctor call me back and she never did. That was 5 days ago and I am almost out of my medication. I will be looking for another MD soon. I will say that she knows the medications well but I didn't like debating her about my symptoms, or current family situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594356].votes_count ]]