Rate Dr. Jeanette Niemisto

Dr. Jeanette Niemisto's Ratings

Excellent doctor. Provides wonderful care and helpful education about mental illness. Office is comfortable and staff is friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Keep driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never go back to the CFHH. I have been seeing Dr. Niemisto since Oct of 2012, and it was a good session, I was like okay she's nice and easy to talk to, she got me on the right meds, I was starting to get back to my old self. Then about 7 months after I had a balance for about 9 hundred and something. Every time I would go and see Dr. Niemisto she would bring it up, and I didn't think anything of it I just thought she's reminding me, no biggie. HA HA boy was I wrong fast forward to May of 2014, my balance started getting a little high, like about 175, and again she would talk to me about, I was like can I go on a payment plan paying 50 dollars a month. She agreed, and so I did. Well I'm not prefect so I will eat my self out, I didn't keep with the agreement, my husband is the only one working, I'm looking for work, at the moment. We were so far behind on our bills it was crazy, my husband took a pay cut etc, so the icons was about 400 less that what he brought home from his previous job. I agreed to the payment, because yes at that time I could get 50 a month in, then my husband called off a couple of times, because he was sick, so I couldn't do the 50. Then in July/August, I had another appt, this time she was 10 mins late, and my session was 30 mins, and for about 20 mins Dr. Niemisto, just talked about my balance which was about 260, and I even made a 45 payment that day, and she still wasn't satisfied. Then I think it was Oct, I sent her a check for 50, and the check bounced, the funds weren't in there, again because my husband had to call off, for personal reasons. Then I put in a request about a week after the bounced check, and the only way, it would have gotten approved, was if I sent in a payment. So then I called today, to see when my next appt was, and I was told she probably wouldn't see me, because I haven't made a payment. I was looking like okay, but I need a refill on my Paxil, which it states if that medication is stopped cold turkey, it's does the opposite of what it is supposed to do. So I was like okay. My husband got a new job making more money, only down fall is we get pd once a month on the 15, and I even said, if she can give me enough meds until the 15, I can make a payment, I already put her in my budget, well I called my pharmacy an hour ago, and she didn't call ANYTHING in, so that tells she that Dr. Niemisto doesn't care about her patients and she's in it for the money. So if you owe Dr. Niemisto a balance over 200, her attitude and bed side manners will change in a second. I can't believe I'm the only one she does this to. Please!!!!!!! Don't put yourself through this, because it's not fun, and it's more stuff to mess with people's mind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638740].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Dr. Niemisto takes the time to listen to me and is helpful. She is caring and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Dr. Niemisto is a very caring doctor. She is very friendly and is very compassionate about what I'm dealing with at that moment. She always provides me with a comfortable atmosphere too. I would definitely recommend this doctor to any one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Dr. Niemisto has been helping me deal with my illness the last year. She always listens with a lot of understanding and has helped me improve so that my life is doing so much better. Also the receptionist who checks me into the office is friendly and makes the waiting area pleasant. I wish that I had found Dr. Niemisto years ago!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

I also had an awful experience with the front desk staff. The woman at the desk told me "that was impossible" when I showed up for my afternoon appointment when she said it was earlier. I told her that I would never schedule it for earlier that day as I had to work. She said that "that was impossible because she would never had to booked it without my agreement." Both of the women were catty and mean. I do not suffer from anxiety or other mental conditions besides depression. I can't even imagine the perception one would have if they suffer from other conditions. Dr. N is just OK in my book. When I was turned away for the appointment, I asked that the doctor call me back and she never did. That was 5 days ago and I am almost out of my medication. I will be looking for another MD soon. I will say that she knows the medications well but I didn't like debating her about my symptoms, or current family situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594356].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 26, 2014

I have been going to Dr Niemisto for 2 years and have always been treated professionaly by the staff. The Doctor has helped me immensly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Only good things to say. She is considerate to suggestions and wants to help. I dont have an anxiety disorder so i cant speak on behalf of that, but my epression is managed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2497611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Not a great experience. It's ironic that a place which is supposed to help anxiety only causes more. Karen, the office manager, is rude, mean, and has no business working in facility that treats individuals with personality disorders. Dr. Niemisto is a joke. She will make you wait for 30 minutes after your scheduled appointment, and still bill you for 60 mins, even if you only sit for a half session. Good luck disputing it, Karen will just tell you you're wrong and even hung up on me once because I wouldn't let it go. My first time seeing Dr. Niemisto, she rolled her eyes numerous times in frustration because what I was saying, "didn't make sense". Duh, I have a disorder, it's confusing. No compassion whatsoever. Made me feel even more messed up and anxious. Lynn Lombardo is a good therapist, the only issue I had was she gave me the wrong cell phone # and I contacted a stranger about an issue. That was embarrassing. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2371333].votes_count ]]