You may also like

Rate Dr. Roger Dacre

Dr. Roger Dacre's Ratings

This is an abusive doctor prone to temper tantrums, save yourself the heart-ache and avoid this doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2827311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Do not waste your time with this doctor. Please, if he's been abusive with you, report him. The sooner his license is taken away the better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2825668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

He loves to prescribe medicine for everything, without any advice or knowledge on natural ways to alleviate a medical issue (e.g. diet, exercise, etc...). He once told me I was wasting his "f**king time" by not buying the experimental meds he prescribed me, which had severe side-effects. I wonder how many free lunches he gets from pharm-reps to push their products through him to his patients.

A lot of these reviews are accurate and I'd like to add he's a bit self-absorbed too. I'm currently looking for a different doctor as Dr. Dacre was recommended by my old family physician when he retired.

If you love getting prescriptions and gulping down pills, regardless of side-effects/warnings; this is your doc.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2770416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Most other comments are accurate. He is arrogant and not approachable. Doesn't really seem to like his job at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2754214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

I'm sure that if you get past his horrible bed side manner, he may be a good family physician, but it is hard to tell. He may also have cared at one point in time...but rude and arrogant seem to be the trend in the majority of comments, particularly over the past year. It's unfortunate for both him and his patients.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2665858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

I haven't dealt with any of the rudeness spoken of in other comments. However, I am a university student with ADHD and have been prescribed adderall xr for many years. The side effects of this medication (primarily extended wakefulness) have precluded me taking it every day . At each renewal I have asked him to prescribe me a non-extended release medication. Each time, Dr. Dacre has simply used the search function on his mac to check his (obviously incomplete) database and then told me that none exist (obviously false). He has done zero research outside of this search and refuses to do so, perhaps as it would necessitate him writing a prescription by hand rather than sending a print job to the front desk to be stamped with his signature by his secretary. Dacre also monetizes his practice in many ways- he charges $25 for a sick note or to call in a prescription over the phone . I haven't dealt with other charges but I'm sure they exist: his practice is clearly business oriented. I don't study in Toronto and recently required a prescription renewal over the phone- as it was during a very busy period in school for me, I was not only unable to travel to the city but it was critical that I refill my prescription in a timely manner. For undisclosed reasons, Dacre refused to do so in this instance. When I called to inquire as to why, his secretary informed me that he does not speak to patients over the phone. In sum, I would not recommend Dacre to anybody seeking care.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2628643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

At first I found this doctor rude and not helpful. I had to bring my spouse with me and the doctor smarten up as I have a witness. But his help and lack of knowledge still shows son. Gave up and moved on to another doctor, I would not recommend this one at all. He should not be hold a practice and his staff kept making mistakes.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2561808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Dr Dacre was my primary care physician for approximately 5 years. At first I found him to be witty, though always behind schedule, but then he became progressively rushed, rude and careless. The last straw was when his office waited 1.5 years to inform me of an abnormal pap test result, which put me at risk for potential cervical cancer. When I asked why it took so long to inform me, he blew up at me to the point where I broke down and cried in his office. This didn't stop him from continuing to berate me (about my work schedule, which is intense, and it's not often I am able to carve out the over 2 hours it takes to get in to see him with a scheduled appointment). I felt so belittled that I immediately changed family doctors, and now receive exceptional care with a doctor's full attention every time I go in. I realize now that it's not necessarily the medical system's fault if a doctor seems overextended; it's that not all MDs are created equal.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1329920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Ah it's one of those weird things .. I honestly can't figure out if he cares or not. 90% of any appointment I've had - be it full physical or checkup etc, he's typing away on his computer. 1 seconds of eye contact Not very interactive or hands-on. I often feel rushed and when I describe any symptoms he just makes me feel like a moron. At one point I had some potentially serious issues, and when describing what was happening he said 'listen, what to you want me to do? I don't think there's anything wrong with you'. If there was nothing wrong, why would I go to the doctor or feel the need to spend an hour getting to my MD?? Hello?! My favourite, was my first appointment ever: I had thrown my lower back and I asked what I should do. He asked if either of my parents had a bad back in the past. I said yes. His reply was 'Don't even bother doing anything. You're screwed." What?! He breaks my brain.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1329924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2013

My initial impressions of Dr. Dacre were positive. He was kindly, cheerful, and professional. In Feb 2010 he warned me I had a cholesterol problem, and soon I saw the other side of him. He told me to take Lipitor, in spite of the fact that by May I had lost 25 pounds on Dr. Ornish's 'Reversal Diet'. I travel a lot for work, so my chol readings went up and down over the next 18 months, but with clear overall improvement. I needed his signature for blood tests, but each time I saw him he became more strident about Lipitor, and more insistent that my natural strategy wouldn't work. He finally said "take Lipitor or I can't be your doctor." I now have a new doctor and have joined a clinic at St. Michael's that specializes in diet-based solutions. Neither believe I need Lipitor, and my cholesterol is now consistently at safe levels. Expect that if Dr Dacre feels his judgement to be questioned he will respond with impatience and belittlement, not sound evidence. I found it very stressful.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1329919].votes_count ]]