Rate Dr. Roger Dacre

Dr. Roger Dacre's Ratings

I haven't dealt with any of the rudeness spoken of in other comments. However, I am a university student with ADHD and have been prescribed adderall xr for many years. The side effects of this medication (primarily extended wakefulness) have precluded me taking it every day . At each renewal I have asked him to prescribe me a non-extended release medication. Each time, Dr. Dacre has simply used the search function on his mac to check his (obviously incomplete) database and then told me that none exist (obviously false). He has done zero research outside of this search and refuses to do so, perhaps as it would necessitate him writing a prescription by hand rather than sending a print job to the front desk to be stamped with his signature by his secretary. Dacre also monetizes his practice in many ways- he charges $25 for a sick note or to call in a prescription over the phone . I haven't dealt with other charges but I'm sure they exist: his practice is clearly business oriented. I don't study in Toronto and recently required a prescription renewal over the phone- as it was during a very busy period in school for me, I was not only unable to travel to the city but it was critical that I refill my prescription in a timely manner. For undisclosed reasons, Dacre refused to do so in this instance. When I called to inquire as to why, his secretary informed me that he does not speak to patients over the phone. In sum, I would not recommend Dacre to anybody seeking care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

At first I found this doctor rude and not helpful. I had to bring my spouse with me and the doctor smarten up as I have a witness. But his help and lack of knowledge still shows son. Gave up and moved on to another doctor, I would not recommend this one at all. He should not be hold a practice and his staff kept making mistakes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Dr Dacre was my primary care physician for approximately 5 years. At first I found him to be witty, though always behind schedule, but then he became progressively rushed, rude and careless. The last straw was when his office waited 1.5 years to inform me of an abnormal pap test result, which put me at risk for potential cervical cancer. When I asked why it took so long to inform me, he blew up at me to the point where I broke down and cried in his office. This didn't stop him from continuing to berate me (about my work schedule, which is intense, and it's not often I am able to carve out the over 2 hours it takes to get in to see him with a scheduled appointment). I felt so belittled that I immediately changed family doctors, and now receive exceptional care with a doctor's full attention every time I go in. I realize now that it's not necessarily the medical system's fault if a doctor seems overextended; it's that not all MDs are created equal.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1329920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Ah it's one of those weird things .. I honestly can't figure out if he cares or not. 90% of any appointment I've had - be it full physical or checkup etc, he's typing away on his computer. 1 seconds of eye contact Not very interactive or hands-on. I often feel rushed and when I describe any symptoms he just makes me feel like a moron. At one point I had some potentially serious issues, and when describing what was happening he said 'listen, what to you want me to do? I don't think there's anything wrong with you'. If there was nothing wrong, why would I go to the doctor or feel the need to spend an hour getting to my MD?? Hello?! My favourite, was my first appointment ever: I had thrown my lower back and I asked what I should do. He asked if either of my parents had a bad back in the past. I said yes. His reply was 'Don't even bother doing anything. You're screwed." What?! He breaks my brain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1329924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2013

My initial impressions of Dr. Dacre were positive. He was kindly, cheerful, and professional. In Feb 2010 he warned me I had a cholesterol problem, and soon I saw the other side of him. He told me to take Lipitor, in spite of the fact that by May I had lost 25 pounds on Dr. Ornish's 'Reversal Diet'. I travel a lot for work, so my chol readings went up and down over the next 18 months, but with clear overall improvement. I needed his signature for blood tests, but each time I saw him he became more strident about Lipitor, and more insistent that my natural strategy wouldn't work. He finally said "take Lipitor or I can't be your doctor." I now have a new doctor and have joined a clinic at St. Michael's that specializes in diet-based solutions. Neither believe I need Lipitor, and my cholesterol is now consistently at safe levels. Expect that if Dr Dacre feels his judgement to be questioned he will respond with impatience and belittlement, not sound evidence. I found it very stressful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1329919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Dacre for over a year and had to see him on quite a few different occasions. He was always very patient with all my questions and concerns. Also, unlike my previous doctors, he was always on time and really takes his time with the patients. Overall, he is a great doctor and those who are criticizing him should just go to the walk-in to have something to compare this to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1329918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Dacre' for a number of years now and since my first few visits knew that this doctor had little patience or empathy for his patients. During my last visit, after a few minutes of listening to my symptoms he started writing a prescription. When he finished, without any explanations, he just passed the prescription to me. When I suggested that I have not done my blood tests in over two years and that it would be prudent to do them first, Dr. Dacre went into a shouting rage. I was astonished at how unprofessional his reaction was. Dr. Dacre was aggressive and intimidating! He didn’t have any desire to help me. His words were about him being a doctor who makes all the decisions, and what I think and want is irrelevant and if I don’t want to take the drugs that he prescribes, then I should look for a new doctor. And that's what I did. I needed a doctor not a ****.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1329923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Dr Dacre is an extremely rude individual,has absolutely no patience or tact. This,can lead you to a position where you are totally unassisted when you most need it. When I got pregnant,I asked him to refer me to Mount Sinai clinic.He wanted to refer me somewhere else and got really upset by my request. Before I was 12 weeks pregnant, all tests needed to be run by Dr Dacre, (after, the specialist takes it from there)which he did, but he failed to let me know I had hyperthyroidism and needed to take the hormone, specially during early pregnancy when you are the only supply of this hormone to your baby. “Luckily” I had a heavy bleeding in my week 9 which lead me to be seen by a Family G.P. that was covering for Dr Dacre,when she saw my last blood work result(available for more that 2 weeks at that moment)she was in shock that Dacre did not prescribe me the hormone before.The bleeding ended up being nothing and my baby is in perfect conditions,but it could have been otherwise.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1329917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Dr. Dacre is an excellent doctor. He is thorough with his examinations and diagnoses. The one thing that really differentiates Dr. Dacre is his candor. He tells it like it is and gives you his professional opinion. This is exactly what I need from a doctor - a professional who tells me exactly what I should do and describes all the implications. I rate Dr. Dacre very highly and would strongly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1329916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

Dr. Dacre has been my physician for 10 years. I have found him to be a superb generalist ( to me, a skill most highly prized ), attentive, prompt, and with an excellent staff. His use of his Mac, which I note somebody complained about, gives me great comfort. He is well organized and shares my history with me. His occasional references to specialists have proved well judged. Yes, he has limited the number of "issues" he will address at an appointment, but that seems to me a not unreasonable discipline.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1329915].votes_count ]]