Rate Dr. Ian Hurdle

Dr. Ian Hurdle's Ratings

I am a 17 year old female, and just had surgery on my foot due to flat feet and what not. He is GREAT. He is very nice, and has a great sense of humor that made me feel comfotorable. I would trust no one else with my feet.. He is not just here to make his money atleast we dont think so, he will not do my other foot until i see the benifit of this one being fixed. He will not tell you he can fix something and make it perfect when he cant, he is very honest. I would recommend anyone to him any day. About a couple weeks after my surgery my mom had to phone a nurse because we had a couple questions and he actually came to the phone HIMSELF and talked to her. When anwsering your questions he is very very thorough, and people may think he is rude because he does not sugar coat things, but i prefer to know HOW IT IS(: He discussed with me everything i needed and wanted to know, and 5 minutes before my surgery he even came and showed me where he was going to make an incision,and everything (:

Submitted Sept. 14, 2012 | flag

Dr, Hurdle replaced my right hip with me at the age 36, due to unknown pain. He saw a problem where no diagnostic imaging could. He went to bat for me, he had to fight to go ahead with my surgery. When he pulled out the top of my femur he showed it to the surgical team, and they all saw how degenerated it was. It proved that I was in pain because of the rubbing of bone bone for 10 months, which was why I was in so much pain. I am still in pain, but he found out the disease that was causing it. Without him, I surely would have never made it this far. I couldn't have...there was too much pain to keep going. He also has a wonderful bedside manner and he remembers everything, and I mean everything about you. He is the best in Alberta, if not Canada, without a doubt.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2010 | flag

I have lived my whole life in constant pain and have had several surgeries. Dr. Hurdle is without a doubt the most knowledgeable, skilled & compassionate doctor/man I have ever dealt with. I highly recommend him to everyone. We in Southern Alberta are very fortunate to have him.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2010 | flag

When I went to Dr. Hurdle for my knee pain I was expecting him to recommend me surgery, simply because he will make more money. But he actually recommended knee bracing which magically cured my knee (thanks to Dr. Tracy also). And I was saved from all post-operative hassles. Thank you Dr. Hurdle.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2010 | flag

Dr. Hurdle not only was v. knowledgable but he took the time to answer every question I had and gave v. helpful analogies to help with my understanding. As well, when I had a question while on vacation, he called me back v. promptly, long-distance, to answer my questions and then proceeded to give me tips of where to go for dinner in the city I was currently in. Nothing but good experiences with Dr. Hurdly

Submitted July 27, 2010 | flag

This Dr. is ignorant,rude,and thinks he has all the answers but is not prepared to discuss them with you.

Submitted May 19, 2010 | flag

Dr Hurdel repaired my anckle in 1984 never gave me an issue stronger than other anckle GREAT SURGEON!!!!!!

Submitted April 25, 2010 | flag

Did both my knee replacements over a span of two years. Never had surgery of any kind before then. Trusted him completely, talked to others who were patients of his and all were pleased with their outcomes.

Submitted March 18, 2010 | flag

Been to Dr. Hurdle many times in the last 22 Years, Absolutely a wonderful Dr. You would be hard pressed to Get any better. Like the fact that he is honest and doesn't **** you.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2010 | flag

Dr. Hurdle has helped ease numerous aches and pains so that daily living is comfortable, not miserable. He is very to the point and honest about results you can expect and does not make empty promises. Wish he was my personal doc,24/7!

Submitted Nov. 12, 2009 | flag