Rate Dr. Ed Hewins

Dr. Ed Hewins's Ratings

Dr. Hewins did an amazing job on my badly broken ankle. He is being very cautious and protecting me from myself (wanting to jump back on my horse right now!) He is personable, obviously extremely talented, and kind. I totally trust him and so follow his instructions to the letter. He is a rare find, and I am so very glad he was my surgeon.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

Hewins was very gentle with my 6 yr old daughter. Explained things to us both, and felt genuinely concerned for her well being and recovery. A+++ from us :)

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ewins is the epitomy of how health care professionals should perform. He's kind , compassionate, knowledgable and willing to spend time to explain things and answer questions. He also adds a personal touch that is rare these days. We need more like him.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hewins reattached 8 severed tendons in my right arm admitting he wasn't sure if he knew that they would all work, he pulled it off and now my hand works like before. But because of scaring and damage to tissue I have severe pain, when he broke me the news that I would only have 5% usage in my hand for the rest of my life he looked really guilty and he thought he could have one better. I thought he had done an amazing job and without him I would only have a stump instead of a fully functional right hand.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

understanding doctor, great to have him as my doctor! I usually do not have a long wait to see him. love that fact very much.

Submitted July 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hewins is tops in my books after he operated on my right leg after a serious motorcycle accident in Hantsport. My right lower leg was fractured in 3 places, one was compound and he performed 3 operations (one skin graft) in 2 weeks to get things back in place. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and the best in my books. If it wasn't for Dr. Hewins, I likely would have lost my leg. Many thanks if he reads this.

Submitted May 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hewins did my mothers' first hip replacement when she was 87 years old and her second when she was 89. She lives in Halifax and the wait to see an orthopedic surgeon was just far too long. We asked about going outside HRM to another surgeon. Our family doctor was impressed by an experience one of his other patients had with Dr. Hewins so he referred Mom. Even though Dr. Hewins was in Kentville - it was well worth the trip! He is kind, caring and just plain wonderful. The staff at Valley Regional were terrific! When my Mom first saw him she was in a wheelchair! Now she is working around her home, gardening, etc and she is 91 years old! If I ever needed an orthopedic surgeon I would definately request to see Dr. Hewins!! He's the best!

Submitted Oct. 2, 2010 | flag

This surgeon is awesome. After 1 1/2 years on heavy pain meds ( couldn't take anti-inflam ) , he replaced my hip. The surgery went so, so well - recoup time was minimal . Off subject: Hospital stay was hell. He seems to be able to see right through to your joints. Very kind and understands everything you explain to him. Does great follow-up. Explains in detail any questions you have. He is my hero. Pain is gone. Yes, I have limitations but back to as normal an active life as can be with an artificial joint. Again, he is my hero.

Submitted May 3, 2009 | flag

I was sent up from Emerg to have my problematic dislocating shoulder reduced as it did not co-operate for the ER doctor and we hoped to avoid the IV sedation. With a rare disorder I dread seeing new doctors but was pleasantly surprised. Although a surgeon in Halifax deals with the shoulder, he was very helpful, kind, and managed to get it back in joint. Thank God!

Submitted June 18, 2008 | flag

I HAD MY INITIAL VISIT WITH DR. HEWINS AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT HE IS VERY THOROUGH. HE IS SENDING ME FOR A VARIETY OF TESTS CONCERNING MY SHOULDER/NECK PROBLEM IN AN AFTER TO PINPOINT MY PROBLEM. HE IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND NOT AFRAID TO REFER TO OTHER SPECIALISTS TO FIND A DIAGNOSIS....CUDOS TO DR. HEWINS!

Submitted May 8, 2008 | flag