Rate Dr. Agnes Han

Dr. Agnes Han's Ratings

I have seen several doctors in the Atlanta are over the last 35 years. Dr. Han is the only specialist that I have seen that never returns phone calls on lab results. When you call for your results you will be told she will return the call and a week later you still have no results. I have NEVER had this experience with any doctor. You will be told to make a appt and come back in, then you pay another co-pay and have your insurance billed again for office visit only to receive test results. Compared to other doctors that I have seen the office staff is overloaded and not very efficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2556938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Dr. Han is absolutely brilliant as well as kind or there wouldn't be so many patients who are willing to sit and wait the hours it takes to see her. But here's the thing: NO ONE can keep track of so many patients without making errors. She is so overloaded that patients are required to make an appointment just to get test results as phone calls are not returned. As for people who think she's rude, I am pretty sure these are simply cultural differences as she is simply "direct," not rude or arrogant. And yes, is is absolutely impossible as well as upsetting to get medication refills (which are not refillable, even for basics). If you're an IBD patient who's on lots of meds, this is not the practice for you. If you're a patient in need of a simple or one-time procedure, she has the knowledge and desire it takes to help. (I have since switched practices, for what it's worth.)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2525664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I have seen Dr. Han for over nine years. I came to her after a very bad experience with a leading GI Group in the area. She has treated me successfully and healed my Barrett's Disease along with treating my Gerds. The wait time is difficult but I try to understand that she is spending time helping her other patients as much as she has me. She has always taken time to make sure that I get my questions answered and my concerns addressed. I have found that I do best with the lastest in the day appointment as the wait time is not so long. She is kind and caring and really is concerned with the best interest of her patients perhaps that is why she always has a full waiting room and plenty of people to see. I trust her judgement and believe that she is a highly intelligent woman who has a complete understanding of medicine. I have never found her to be egotistical but she is firm in her beliefs and confident in her abilities as a physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][553763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2011

Dr. Han is extremely knowledgeable and will do everything to get to the bottom of what's wrong. She is kind and caring, and I laugh at the person who said she was egotistical, because I've been seeing her for 8 years and have never witnessed anything like that. While previously I found the staff to be unpleasant, I've noticed in the past couple of years, the attitude has improved significantly. I think the main problem is that there are so many patients it can be overwhelming. Yes, the wait is long. I always try to be her first patient of the day, and even then sometimes I'm waiting for an hour. But she's *so* worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][553762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2011

Very unprofessional, multiple times my persciptions have been wrong. Staff is very rude. I have to call MULTIPLE times to get a perscription refilled. She has too many patients and is unable to give everyone the attention they need. She is egotistical and made me feel dumb when I asked health related questions. I have been going to her for over a year and through two colonoscopies and I can not take it anymore, switching doctors immediately.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][553761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

I had a very unpleasant experience with Dr. Han. She misdiagnosed me with Crohn's Disease after I had suffered two miscarriages. When I was waking up from the anesthesia from the Colonoscopy she told me that I couldn't get pregnant for at least 2 years. I am 39 and don't have 2 years so I was devastated. Luckily, I went to 3 additional top rated GI's in Atlanta for additional opinions and ALL THREE said that I did NOT have Crohn's, if anything I had a mild case of Ulcertaive Colitis and I could certainly get pregnant when my symptoms cleared up. I have had not symptoms since and my current GI isn't even certain I have UC. All of the doctors also felt that I should have had other testing done before the colonoscopy. It was difficult to determine if it was just an infection at this point because I was so over medicated. In addition, I had a very hard time getting my records from her staff and have still not gotten parts of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][553760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

Dr. Han is never on time, the wait about 45 minutes and then you will wait another 30 minutes in the room before she comes in. Would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][553759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2009

i've seen dr. han several times and every time there is a wait 1-2 hours. but worth it!! she's very through and takes time to discuss your problems. she really cares for her patients and squeezes them in when it's a last minute appt. i suppose that's why there's a wait. it's hard to find dr's like her. i would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][553758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Dr. Han is extremely thorough in checking and double-checking her findings until she is absolutely confident of the diagnosis. Once she thinks you may have a problem she is on a mission to solve it. This may result in a patient having to taking several tests. But it is definitely worth it. I trust her completely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][553757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2009

Dr. Han is very knowledgeable. She also knows a great deal even outside her area of expertise. Quite willing to recommend tests, etc. to ensure a full reading of symtoms. Very keen to press us toward healthy lifestyle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][553756].votes_count ]]