Rate Dr. James Jim Joye

Dr. James Jim Joye's Ratings

This doctor saved my life. No other doctor would listen to me when I saw him, but he recognized what my exact problem was and did the surgery to correct it the very next day. He is a great thinker and an amazing interventional cardiologist, (not to mention compassionate and calm.) He has a ton of experience, and has come up with some cutting edge new procedures. I highly recommend him!

Submitted Oct. 19, 2009 | flag

Dr Joye seems to be a good cardiologist; he seems to know his cardiology stuff well, and he follows the cardiac algorithms that you hear about. All is well and good for the most part. He's a good listener and seems to hear what you're saying. He's not perfect; he became sarcastic and condescending when we had a civil difference of opinion about the side effects of a med. Since then, we've been civil, but I remain watchful of my words. It was no fun having a cardio ask you sarcastically what sort of cardiac med I thought we should use. Sheesh. If you don't want patients to be team-players in their healthcare, don't be in a helping profession in the 21st century. Still, I think he knows his stuff, and he asks for advice when he needs it. He's a popular doctor, so perhaps I just asked him the med question on a bad day. Nothing like it has happened since.

Submitted March 9, 2007 | flag