Rate Dr. Jan L. Brandes

Dr. Jan L. Brandes's Ratings

I have been to Dr. Brandes for many years and always had good results until the last three months. I have had 20 or more migraines each month. My appointment was at3:00 and I saw her at 6:45. I left there at 8:30 that night and have an hour drive to home. She preceded to tell me that what I was doing was wrong even though she had prescribed meds for me. Told me it was all due to stress and wanted me to go to the hospital. I have always had the utmost respect for her but this took care of all of that. She gave me nothing to help with the onset of multiple headaches. I am in pain almost every day and she has limited my migraines meds to only to but my insurance only pays for15. I am very, very disappointed in her at this time and am looking for another neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Last time waited from 1:00pm to 9:00pm to see her. This time 130 to 400 then put in a conference room to Waite now its 430 in exam room waiting she's not worth it been seeing her for 3 years still no improvement this could be the end of this. Think I'll send her a bill for time waiting . My time is also worth money too just so this person knows . who does she think she is god? Worst doc I have ever had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Obviously knowledgeable physician with little to no regard for time management. Staff can only do so much. New staff is a vast improvement over former staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1340624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2013

You will wait forever. Five hour wait in the lobby. Two hours once called to the doctor. The doctor has not fixed the migraines. Find someone else. She is worthless and a huge waste of time. Idiots!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1340623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

I had some the worst experiences of my life in this office. The staff problems were supposed to be "fixed" when Dr. Brandes stopped her affiliation with Baptist Hospital & opened her own practice. I have seen some changes, but not nearly enough.Hours of torturous waiting, never asked if you wanted water even though you arrived at 10 for your app't & at 2 the dr hadn't come in. The last time I was there I had waited for hours, she came in for < 10 minutes & the staff called her out & she was gone for 45 min with no explanation or apology. When one medication didn't work, they zombified me with a med for psychotics. It is so hard to get an appt that some things have to be done over the phone & the nurse acts like she is tolerating a pesky child. The one nurse that was helpful is gone. Dr. Brandes is a respected researcher & ACTS caring, but I rarely felt cared for in all my agony. 6 hr round trip to a city with heavy traffic not worth it. Seeking new neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1340622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

The office said I should allow 2-2.5 hours for this appointment, which happened to be my first with Dr. Brandes. I allowed 4 hours. It took 5 1/2! It also took me a long time to get in and see her. I had an appointment several months earlier (Oct. 2012)- the appointment had been on the book for 6 months!- and they called two weeks before that appointment and said she would be closing her office until Jan. 2013. BOO! They require you to see Dr. Brandes first before you can see her CRNP, Susan Roberson, who is MUCH easier to get appointments with, BTW. Everyone is very helpful and knowlegeable when it comes to migraines and headaches. I would certainly recommend this office. Just don't be surprised if you spend all day there for a first appointment!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1340621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Brandes from my original neurologist. He felt Dr Brandes would be able to assist with procedures that He felt would be beneficial such as Botox injections. My intake appointment left me hopeful. Dr Brandes seemed promising and compassionate. Initially, the staff seemed helpful. My second appointment was scheduled and 4 1/2 hours later I was given more pills, increase of existing meds. next appointment was with Susan Roberson, it was a nightmare! I was in the middle of a severe migraine, my appointment was for 11:00 and I didn't leave until 3:30. Ms Roberson was abrasive and rude. When I finally put my foot down and said I would no longer take the meds that made me feel out of it, Ive had 3 days to go by to get calls returned. When i asked what do do to help my migraine i was told to go to the ER or walk in clinic for IV fluids since I had been vomiting and was dehydrated. No follow through on getting procedures approved. I've never been to a worse Doctors office!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1340618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr.Brandes has been my physician for many years. She is very caring and treats you as if you are her only patient. She will address your every need. Excellent in accessing your medical problems. I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1340620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

I have seen many migraine specialists in 30 years, and Dr. Brandes has been the very best. She listens, she really cares, and she has pretty much become my PCP. She's very empathetic and very thorough. Yes, her office staff is inept; yes, the waiting time at her office is horrible, but to me they are the price I pay to be able to see Dr. Brandes. Her assistant, Susan Roberson, has also been very good to me. I'd recommend Dr. Brandes to everybody with migraine problems. You won't find anyone better than her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1340619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2012

Dr Brandes is great. Her office staff horrible. They are just incompetent. There is absolutely no reason to wait 3 hours to see a Doctor. I use to be able to get in to see Susan Robison fast. No longer. She now takes as long as Dr Brandes. My results are great so I endure once a year to keep my meds current. I think they would be amazed if they had an office manager who actually ran the practice. It just boggles my mind that any professional physician lets her office staff get by like this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1340617].votes_count ]]