Rate Dr. Jan L. Brandes

Dr. Jan L. Brandes's Ratings

Worst costumer service, professionalism & helpfulness I've ever encountered. I've been trying to work with Dr. Brandes for chronic migraines for the past 10 months; with roughly 6 appointments I've only seen her once. NP the other times. Her staff of nurses are incredibly nice with the exception of Debbie. The office staff has told me Dr. Brandes likes to overbook her days and that's why I've repeatedly had to wait nearly 3 hours for treatment. 3 hours!! That's ridiculous and near torture when you are experiencing a painful headache that's lasted two weeks. DON'T make an appointment, find actual help elsewhere. Not only have I had to wait 3+hours for appointments but they've delayed Botox treatment since Debbie couldn't figure out how to work with my insurance company. What? Now I'm on week 2 of daily migraine without a treatment in sight. Horrible experience since day one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2683889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Brandes since November of 2006. I was introduced to her office for a Botox Clinical Trial for migraines. Dr. Brandeis was so kind, knowledgable and empathetic throughout the clinical trial period of 18 months. I enjoyed her staff at that time as well. After the Botox clinical trial ended everything changed for the worse. There was repetitive turnover in all areas of staff. No one seemed to be knowledgeable of standard process or procedures. Dr. Brandes became abrasive, short tempered and made me fill as if I were a Thorne in her flesh. My appointments started to always being cancelled. My Botox injections would work once and seemed like the trial placebos with absolutely NO effect the majority of the time. I was always being placed on new drugs which were of no effect except for weight gain. The wait time was horrific, they would last three to four hours and these were normal check ups with Botox. When Botox was administered I would plan to stay five to six hours. Next I was transferred to the care of Susan, the Nurse Practitioner. Susan was a bit better but always seemed tired and over worked. She actually took the time to listen to me and tweaked my meds as she felt necessary. Her administration of Botox, however, always hurt and was administered differently than Dr. Brandes. Here I am eight years later, remaining in pain, Botox appointments still being rescheduled and the a refusal to provide more than 20 pain tablets every 90 days. The only bright spot in the office was Charlotte and Jessica who have since also left the practice.

Please consider other Neurologist before subjecting yourself to the torture and unprofessionalism of this office. There has to be better providers. I hope to goodness that there aren't any who are worse.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2678228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I have been to Dr. Brandes for many years and always had good results until the last three months. I have had 20 or more migraines each month. My appointment was at3:00 and I saw her at 6:45. I left there at 8:30 that night and have an hour drive to home. She preceded to tell me that what I was doing was wrong even though she had prescribed meds for me. Told me it was all due to stress and wanted me to go to the hospital. I have always had the utmost respect for her but this took care of all of that. She gave me nothing to help with the onset of multiple headaches. I am in pain almost every day and she has limited my migraines meds to only to but my insurance only pays for15. I am very, very disappointed in her at this time and am looking for another neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Last time waited from 1:00pm to 9:00pm to see her. This time 130 to 400 then put in a conference room to Waite now its 430 in exam room waiting she's not worth it been seeing her for 3 years still no improvement this could be the end of this. Think I'll send her a bill for time waiting . My time is also worth money too just so this person knows . who does she think she is god? Worst doc I have ever had.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2483393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Obviously knowledgeable physician with little to no regard for time management. Staff can only do so much. New staff is a vast improvement over former staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1340624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2013

You will wait forever. Five hour wait in the lobby. Two hours once called to the doctor. The doctor has not fixed the migraines. Find someone else. She is worthless and a huge waste of time. Idiots!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1340623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

I had some the worst experiences of my life in this office. The staff problems were supposed to be "fixed" when Dr. Brandes stopped her affiliation with Baptist Hospital & opened her own practice. I have seen some changes, but not nearly enough.Hours of torturous waiting, never asked if you wanted water even though you arrived at 10 for your app't & at 2 the dr hadn't come in. The last time I was there I had waited for hours, she came in for < 10 minutes & the staff called her out & she was gone for 45 min with no explanation or apology. When one medication didn't work, they zombified me with a med for psychotics. It is so hard to get an appt that some things have to be done over the phone & the nurse acts like she is tolerating a pesky child. The one nurse that was helpful is gone. Dr. Brandes is a respected researcher & ACTS caring, but I rarely felt cared for in all my agony. 6 hr round trip to a city with heavy traffic not worth it. Seeking new neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1340622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

The office said I should allow 2-2.5 hours for this appointment, which happened to be my first with Dr. Brandes. I allowed 4 hours. It took 5 1/2! It also took me a long time to get in and see her. I had an appointment several months earlier (Oct. 2012)- the appointment had been on the book for 6 months!- and they called two weeks before that appointment and said she would be closing her office until Jan. 2013. BOO! They require you to see Dr. Brandes first before you can see her CRNP, Susan Roberson, who is MUCH easier to get appointments with, BTW. Everyone is very helpful and knowlegeable when it comes to migraines and headaches. I would certainly recommend this office. Just don't be surprised if you spend all day there for a first appointment!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1340621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Brandes from my original neurologist. He felt Dr Brandes would be able to assist with procedures that He felt would be beneficial such as Botox injections. My intake appointment left me hopeful. Dr Brandes seemed promising and compassionate. Initially, the staff seemed helpful. My second appointment was scheduled and 4 1/2 hours later I was given more pills, increase of existing meds. next appointment was with Susan Roberson, it was a nightmare! I was in the middle of a severe migraine, my appointment was for 11:00 and I didn't leave until 3:30. Ms Roberson was abrasive and rude. When I finally put my foot down and said I would no longer take the meds that made me feel out of it, Ive had 3 days to go by to get calls returned. When i asked what do do to help my migraine i was told to go to the ER or walk in clinic for IV fluids since I had been vomiting and was dehydrated. No follow through on getting procedures approved. I've never been to a worse Doctors office!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1340618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr.Brandes has been my physician for many years. She is very caring and treats you as if you are her only patient. She will address your every need. Excellent in accessing your medical problems. I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1340620].votes_count ]]