You may also like

Rate Dr. Jan L. Brandes

Dr. Jan L. Brandes's Ratings

I have waited more than 4 weeks to find out about lab work and to have my tests scheduled. Still haven't received my labs. The wait time in the waiting room was over an hour. Staff continuously says they will call back and don't. My migraine problem was supposed to be fixed by changing ALL my meds, but it only made them more frequent. Find a different neurologist! A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2853820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I have never seen such disregard for a patient's time. She is no more knowledgable than any other doctor and we will not be coming back. It is not worth waiting all day!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2845066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I have been seeing both the Doctor and the NP for years. They have changed my life with their wonderful care.
Their staff is great and always (most of the time ) easy to work with. I would never change to a different physician for my headaches. Jane Thomas Smith

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

I was astonished at Dr. Brandes' thoroughness, kindness, ability to extract meaning from my experiences and summarize key points into an action plan for me. Susan Roberson, NP, stayed till 7:00 with me when my BP skyrocketed. She was wonderful. I can't say enough good about the care I received. Marie Golden

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2812894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Worst costumer service, professionalism & helpfulness I've ever encountered. I've been trying to work with Dr. Brandes for chronic migraines for the past 10 months; with roughly 6 appointments I've only seen her once. NP the other times. Her staff of nurses are incredibly nice with the exception of Debbie. The office staff has told me Dr. Brandes likes to overbook her days and that's why I've repeatedly had to wait nearly 3 hours for treatment. 3 hours!! That's ridiculous and near torture when you are experiencing a painful headache that's lasted two weeks. DON'T make an appointment, find actual help elsewhere. Not only have I had to wait 3+hours for appointments but they've delayed Botox treatment since Debbie couldn't figure out how to work with my insurance company. What? Now I'm on week 2 of daily migraine without a treatment in sight. Horrible experience since day one.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2683889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Brandes since November of 2006. I was introduced to her office for a Botox Clinical Trial for migraines. Dr. Brandeis was so kind, knowledgable and empathetic throughout the clinical trial period of 18 months. I enjoyed her staff at that time as well. After the Botox clinical trial ended everything changed for the worse. There was repetitive turnover in all areas of staff. No one seemed to be knowledgeable of standard process or procedures. Dr. Brandes became abrasive, short tempered and made me fill as if I were a Thorne in her flesh. My appointments started to always being cancelled. My Botox injections would work once and seemed like the trial placebos with absolutely NO effect the majority of the time. I was always being placed on new drugs which were of no effect except for weight gain. The wait time was horrific, they would last three to four hours and these were normal check ups with Botox. When Botox was administered I would plan to stay five to six hours. Next I was transferred to the care of Susan, the Nurse Practitioner. Susan was a bit better but always seemed tired and over worked. She actually took the time to listen to me and tweaked my meds as she felt necessary. Her administration of Botox, however, always hurt and was administered differently than Dr. Brandes. Here I am eight years later, remaining in pain, Botox appointments still being rescheduled and the a refusal to provide more than 20 pain tablets every 90 days. The only bright spot in the office was Charlotte and Jessica who have since also left the practice.

Please consider other Neurologist before subjecting yourself to the torture and unprofessionalism of this office. There has to be better providers. I hope to goodness that there aren't any who are worse.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2678228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I have been to Dr. Brandes for many years and always had good results until the last three months. I have had 20 or more migraines each month. My appointment was at3:00 and I saw her at 6:45. I left there at 8:30 that night and have an hour drive to home. She preceded to tell me that what I was doing was wrong even though she had prescribed meds for me. Told me it was all due to stress and wanted me to go to the hospital. I have always had the utmost respect for her but this took care of all of that. She gave me nothing to help with the onset of multiple headaches. I am in pain almost every day and she has limited my migraines meds to only to but my insurance only pays for15. I am very, very disappointed in her at this time and am looking for another neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2572203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Last time waited from 1:00pm to 9:00pm to see her. This time 130 to 400 then put in a conference room to Waite now its 430 in exam room waiting she's not worth it been seeing her for 3 years still no improvement this could be the end of this. Think I'll send her a bill for time waiting . My time is also worth money too just so this person knows . who does she think she is god? Worst doc I have ever had.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2483393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Obviously knowledgeable physician with little to no regard for time management. Staff can only do so much. New staff is a vast improvement over former staff.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1340624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2013

You will wait forever. Five hour wait in the lobby. Two hours once called to the doctor. The doctor has not fixed the migraines. Find someone else. She is worthless and a huge waste of time. Idiots!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1340623].votes_count ]]