Dr. Marie R. Badaracco-Apolito

Rate Dr. Marie R. Badaracco-Apolito

Dr. Marie R. Badaracco-Apolito's Ratings

I ditto what everyone else has written. I wish that I had come across these reviews before seeing this woman. She's a complete QUACK! I finally gave up about ten months into treatment with her. About 2 months after my last appointment with her, I receive a bill for monies owed from JANUARY! She never, not once, mentioned having an outstanding balance with her and then waits until I have stopped seeing her to come up with bogus bill? How convenient. Steer clear of this one!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

I wish so badly I had checked here before I had gone for my first appointment. Everything others have written is accurate. Very late, uninterested, falls asleep, and is a little rude. So unbelievably unprofessional I have no idea how she has and patients. I will say she seemed like she may be quite knowledgeable and possibly good at what she does if she were and entirely different person in every other aspect. Perhaps it's her age or taking on too much? Don't go.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

This doctor would fall asleep - yes ASLEEP - during my sessions. She was always running absurdly late - an hour or even more. One time, she was a no-show for an early morning appointment we had. Her dog didn't make me feel comfortable - I was nearly attacked once by it. She showed no compassion. Terrible psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Not just the worst psychiatrist ever, but the worst doctor ever. She FALLS ASLEEP during your session. She is never on time (and I mean running 1-2 hours behind) and you're just sitting in what is a formal living room with the sound of a plug-in fish tank bubble sound machine. Don't even get me started about the dog she had trained to be aggressive if you even though about walking in to her office without her non-verbal consent. She requires a big cash payment upfront to cover you until insurance starts paying - the balance of this money is a credit. I realize now that I should probably have complained to the medical board about her falling asleep because it's more than just unprofessional. She was rude and mean when I was upset that my relationship at the time had ended. After a couple weeks she didn't understand why I wasn't over it yet. She's completely out of touch with reality - maybe her age is a factor in that. What a horrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1342046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

My opinion is really the only opinion that counts to me. I have been a patient for almost 1 year now. Yes ,there is a wait time but with reasonable logic ,every Dr. has a waiting period, so I do not judge by this option. When I had my first visit ,I must say that I'm not there to chit chat about the weather ,I'm there for help & I'm someone who always tries to be the "rock" in my family. So reaching out for assistance was a huge step for me. I have been to other specialist in various fields of medicine & not once have I had the correct diagnosis during my first visit to any physician ...BUT I did with Dr. Badarraco-Apalito. This made a huge difference in my everyday life & I must say I'm extremely glad to go once a month knowing that what I had to say was actually listened too. Many Drs. hear you & don't listen to you - major differences in these definitions. I disagree with many ratings .If you want a Dr. that knows pharmaceuticals,I definitely recommend a visit. I'm a happy patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1342042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2013

After 2 years, I have given up on this doctor. She is always late; an average wait of nearly 2 hours or more. You will have one initial appointment with her of normal length and then afterward will only be seen by her for about 10 minutes before she pulls out the prescription pad to signal the end of the appointment. She has fallen asleep during my sessions, which is highly unprofessional. She shows no real concern and is obviously going through the motions. Well, hardly going through the motions at all really. She is basically a drug dealer; she just wants to write the script and push the patient out the door. If you need psychiatric help, find anyone else. You will leave angry and frustrated. To call her a doctor is a falsehood. She needs to retire and stop pretending she can offer help, because it is obvious she is neither willing nor able to. The fact that she treats people who are seeking mental health treatment like this is unconscionable. What a joke.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1342041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

This woman is really terrible. Rude, late, cold, uninterested, unsympathetic, makes using insurance a hassle. I second everything said already and will add that I when in college the university made referrals to off campus psychiatrists that accepted the school's health insurance. She was listed but NOT recommended by the school social worker because of the very reasons stated below. If you're looking for a psychiatrist and you've stumbled on her-keep looking!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1342040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2012

The most inconsiderate, UNTIMELY doctor I have ever been to in my life. Staff is pretty rude also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1342039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2012

Looking for a doctor for my handicapped son, 34. Checking providers in the plan and came across this one. As I was reading through the horrible reviews, it occurred on me I had taken my son to see her a very long time ago! The reviews are tell the same story!! My son was afraid of dogs, but she insisted that the dog had to stay for her own security as I recall. All of the negative points are unfortunately correct. Its amazing to hear she is still in practice and things and her behavior is the same!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1342045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Everything said her is 100 percent accurate. Wish I'd changed doctors long before I did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1342038].votes_count ]]